College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

2 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Boise State needs to change it up helmet wise IMO. They use that blue helmet every game I see them play. I know, its awesome when teams have one, great helmet. But I frankly don’t think that Boise helmet is great. Its just okay. Having the oversized bronco on one side, then those tiny numbers just doesn’t look right. I’m okay with them wearing them once in a while, but Boise State needs to mix it up. Here’s how I would do it. Just my opinion. 

Current blue. Bronco/number

White version of the helmet above

Orange version of helmet above

Blue helmet with normal sized logo on each side

Black helmet with gray chrome bronco

It would be if the bronco was on both sides.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Wyoming would replace that hideous pant stripe with something more traditional, I'd love this uniform.  I obviously have no hang ups with brown and yellow being used together.

CMU needed a white jersey or pants for this game.

Image result for famous idaho potato bowl

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

5 hours ago, Mitch B said:

If Wyoming would replace that hideous pant stripe with something more traditional, I'd love this uniform.  I obviously have no hang ups with brown and yellow being used together.

CMU needed a white jersey or pants for this game.

Image result for famous idaho potato bowl

Maroon helmets would have helped too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

Here's a small photo gallery from NOLA.com showing them prepping the field for the Sugar Bowl game. Looks like the endzones will remain green with colored wordmarks for Clemson and Alabama.  

2cf_sugarbowl_paint_nola_1sugarbowlpaint

For as long as I can remember, the Sugar Bowl usually is just team word mark in the end zone without color background. That and the lighting makes that game feel so dingy

This is not from the 2017 season, but I did come across an odd observation from the 2011 Boise State Pro Combats. Apparently they had a carbon fiber pattern on the shoulders and thighs. Who knew? These "throwbacks" remind me how much I would absolutely love to see some silver helmets (Georgia used to wear a silver helmet: both plain and with a simple red G many decades ago) and red road britches for UGA. The red stripe was heinous on these, but if they used the same stripe as the silver britches, they'd be absolutely awesome. And red pants with the white jersey would be a great throwback to the Herschel Walker days.

georgiaboise.jpg

128339402-boise-state-v-georgia.jpg

128339556-boise-state-v-georgia.jpg

2 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Didn't look upstream in this thread, but is Georgia wearing black jerseys? I would doubt that though.  Maybe the Rose Bowl grounds crew just didn't want two red colored endzones?

Oklahoma is higher ranked, and as the designated home team, will be wearing crimson. 

It seems the PTOR committee and grounds crew chose the contrast they always like to have on the field...

The Holiday Bowl is a very fitting Christmassy looking matchup with Michigan State in white/green/white and Wazzu in crimson/white/crimson.

Also, in the Alamo Bowl, Stanford is once again going with the white facemasks, this time with the normal cardinal stripes and decals:

DSLXtJfU8AAw7bS?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, OKC BUZZ said:

Oklahoma is higher ranked, and as the designated home team, will be wearing crimson. 

It seems the PTOR committee and grounds crew chose the contrast they always like to have on the field...

That may be hard to manage if we have a Bama/OU Championship. White end zones?

1 minute ago, jerrylawless3 said:

That may be hard to manage if we have a Bama/OU Championship. White end zones?

So far the fields for all three CFP National Championship games have had black endzones for both teams:

College-Football-Playoff-Field.pngGettyImages_504629696_knatcfbt_93v6m105.2017-National-Championship-Game-field-2.

Regardless of which teams make it this year, I’d be shocked if they don’t go with the black endzones again.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived