*Did They Steal It?*

I'm going to go against the grain and say yes. To me it looks like they used the T-wolves logo as a starting point. If that's the case then NO amount of changes can make it an original logo.

After seeing BrandMooreArt's post I change my mind. Looking at the two logos in the side by side and flipped I don't think the T-wolves logo was used as a starting point anymore.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I'll say no, because there are only so many ways you can illustrate a wolf howling at the moon.  Although reading the IP law discussion in the Las Vegas NHL Expansion thread...

On a side note, I never noticed the tree shape in the Timberwolf's fur or the inside of his ear.  Cool!

1 hour ago, ShinyHubCaps said:

On a side note, I never noticed the tree shape in the Timberwolf's fur or the inside of his ear.  Cool!

I never noticed that, either. I just thought it was a lightning bolt. One of those things you never see, but once you do you can't unsee it.

10 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

This game needs a catchy 70s jingle. I'm going to go with no, as well. Many little differences to not make it a steal.

For some reason, I thought of the Match Game music to go along with this thread even before you posted this.

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 9.26.27 PM.png

lets flip the vodka mark and look at them side by side

similarities: profile, color, and concept (howling wolf inside a circle)

differences: every detail is rendered differently. you can usually look at the intricacies in the highlighted areas and see shapes paths that were copied. in this case, it would seem 2 different artists looked at the same references photo (or similar photos) and drew their own version.

verdict: not stolen 

copyright infringement?: possibly. you never know what a court might decide in such a case. it could still be determined "too close"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

differences: every detail is rendered differently. you can usually look at the intricacies in the highlighted areas and see shapes paths that were copied.

This is what I took away, as well. Normally, there's some tuft of hair, some weird shadow, some very unique shape somewhere that gets copied over if someone is stealing. I don't see that here.

Archived