Worst NBA Uniforms

kimball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

Why that? Personally I find that the worst part. 

I just feel like copper is very underused in sports uniforms. This was pretty much the most prominent use of copper in the Big 4 sports leagues...you had that, andthe Nuggets using a copper-ish bronze as trim, and later the Edmonton Oilers used a bronze-ish gold as trim, and that's about it.

10 hours ago, JerseyJosh said:

I agree to disagree!!!!!! 

Love those jerseys. From a Nets fan, our worst jersey off all time imo is:Deron-Williams-New-Jersey-Nets-Widescree

Especially this edition, the v-neck with this moiso in it.

I agree on your assessment on this jersey. It was lazy. I get they were in the process of moving to Brooklyn and didn't want "NEW JERSEY" on the roads any more, but how hard would it have been to just slap "NETS" on the blue jerseys? The Nets have always been a "blue" team to me. Red is so out of place and this is just gaudy. 

And, as a Jazz fan might I add ... f*** you D-Will!

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 2/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, crosfam said:

I so miss the Sonics.  But these were the worst in that franchise's history. 

DesmondMason.jpg

I feel like those worked in a late-90s kind of way, but mostly because the Sonics didn't abuse the alternate "privilege" and wore those very sparingly (IIRC), so it actually was a treat and felt special to see them, which is what an alternate jersey should be about, AND it was their only alternate jersey.  I guess you could make the same argument for the cherry red Pistons jersey from that era.  Yes the Sonics had a red alternate jersey but you still knew they were a green and gold team primarily, and they didn't let a red alternate jersey cause any confusion about that because they wore it rarely.  I guess this is more of a commentary on alternate jerseys in general, but nowadays when a team comes out with an alternate jersey they often wear it just as often as their primaries (if not more often), and then they come out with even more alternates to wear on the side. 

That Sonics jersey reminds me of a long-gone era of when teams had one primary home, one primary away, and one alternate that was worn very sparingly, which is a time I strongly miss, and which is why I like those Sonics jerseys.  Aside from that though, I do think it was a cool looking jersey.

On 2/24/2017 at 7:03 PM, MCM0313 said:

I just feel like copper is very underused in sports uniforms. This was pretty much the most prominent use of copper in the Big 4 sports leagues...you had that, andthe Nuggets using a copper-ish bronze as trim, and later the Edmonton Oilers used a bronze-ish gold as trim, and that's about it.

The Wizards' bronze that they used from '97-'07 was pretty close to being copper, but they dropped it in '07 when they switched to metallic gold.  I think in that case it made sense to drop copper, because switching to gold brightened up their identity a little and made them look more "royal" (for lack of a better word), but I get what you're saying about copper being an underappreciated color in sports.  I think it sort of falls in the same category as brown.  A decent color that could look good but gets overlooked, maybe because it is somewhat dull.

39 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

The Wizards' bronze that they used from '97-'07 was pretty close to being copper, but they dropped it in '07 when they switched to metallic gold.  I think in that case it made sense to drop copper, because switching to gold brightened up their identity a little and made them look more "royal" (for lack of a better word), but I get what you're saying about copper being an underappreciated color in sports.  I think it sort of falls in the same category as brown.  A decent color that could look good but gets overlooked, maybe because it is somewhat dull.

Copper doesn't have to be dull, though. It can be a bright metallic orange-ish color. Most teams that use it just choose to make it dull.

Definitely the worst one in *Pelicans history. 

IMG_5624.JPG

*technically speaking

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I never did like these Sixers' unis

72243146-e778-5e92-8428-bc57ead7f4d4.ima

Minimalist to a fault, much like the current Suns' set

Suns.jpg

Also, what happened to Miami? They had a great set, then they got LeBron and then they started experimenting like crazy. These were trash.

dwyane-wade-heat-military-uniforms.jpg

KeqK83X.jpg

117heat21-spt-ppp.jpg

These were actually pretty hot though:

2cf7hSQ.jpg

I wouldn't have minded if they adopted that full-time.

46 minutes ago, PepMan33Conde said:

7155_G_1474046513856.jpg

I actually don't think those are terrible jerseys, for being alternates.  They are sleeveless, which right off the bat helps, and I like simplicity occasionally.  As long as they wear these rarely, I think they make decent alternates.  I'd prefer these over something extremely gaudy, which would be easy to do with a magic-related identity.

Archived