• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Process and Simmons have beef with the Balls over something to do with Simmons sister (I think).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Process and Simmons have beef with the Balls over something to do with Simmons sister (I think).

Olivia Simmons took to Twitter to express her thoughts on LaVar Ball and his company the day he was on "The Herd" in May and told Kristine Leahy," to stay in her lane."

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/lavar-ball-fs1-kristine-leahy-ben-simmons-sister-olivia-twitter-blast-dunks-on-lonzo

LaVar called Embidd injury prone and dumb.

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/07/07/lavar-ball-joel-embiid-lebron-james/

The most important article on owners/players/civics you'll read today: https://theringer.com/nba-free-agency-kevin-durant-dirk-nowitzki-salary-taking-less-eaba72bef463

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

25 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The most important article on owners/players/civics you'll read today: https://theringer.com/nba-free-agency-kevin-durant-dirk-nowitzki-salary-taking-less-eaba72bef463

Dirk's sadly taken less money multiple times for Cuban and he gives them the "team option". As soon as Dirk exercised an early termination clause in 2010, it's like Cuban appreciates him less and less.

In 2014, he took $14M/year and they gave that to Chandler Parsons, who is now the biggest grifter in NBA history with all the money he's "stolen".

Surely it's a sign of the times that the analysis of NBA players taking less money has gone from "Bron-Bron just wants to pway with his fwends" to "players are emboldening the restless vampire squids of the one percent."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Welp, no Crowder for sure now.

I guess this leaves us with the only option we have left now: what we've already got. That means Ingles most likely will need to start instead of being the sneaky good sixth man, or Joe Johnson if he can take the extra load and doesn't mind going from the 4 to 3. No doubt he can still play, but there's a lot of mileage there. Either option really puts a dent in the depth, though, as both were most valuable keeping the motor running off the bench. I don't know what else they can do, though.

I apologize too for the constant Jazz rants, guys. This is just the most frustrating and nightmarish off-season I can remember as a fan. At least we scored Rubio to replace Hill, and Mitchell looks like a steal, but the rest has been a disaster. And through no fault of the front office whatsoever; they've been as proactive as they could be given the circumstances. It's just the way the cookie crumbled.

This is really for the better for Utah.

Would you rather they hang out in 5-8 seed purgatory and just make the playoffs, or position themselves to be successful once Golden State peters out and LeBron gets old a couple seasons down the road?  It's commendable to tell your fan base "Hey, we're trying to win!", but realistically, they aren't going anywhere past where they got this season.  (And if LeBron does head west, that doesn't help Utah at all.)

The NBA is severely broken right now.  There's issues if there's more excitement about player movement than the actual games being played.  There's more intrigue about where LeBron might go in 12 months than about the season before the next offseason.  If you're not the Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Boston, Thunder, or Rockets, you'd be better served to focus on getting yourself competitve just before 2021 when the CBA expires, LeBron's play tails off, and Golden State can't keep all their core intact.

10 hours ago, Digby said:

Between this and the lack of rebounding, Boston is gonna become an outgunner type of team -- which makes them less of a threat to GSW. Not sure about it.

This is where "The best defense is a good offense" kicks in.  If you can do like Golden State does and say "Ok, we're scoring 110, can you keep up?" and force teams to get away from their game plan and chase the points/game, your actual defense improves.

It's only one game, but Lonzo was God-awful tonight. The 2-15 shooting might be chalked up to nerves, but he couldn't dribble past Kendall Marshall or play a lick of defense. That's pretty concerning if you're a Laker fan, because it's not going to get any easier once the real games start being played. It was hilarious hearing ESPN try to polish his turd of a performance, though.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm not concerned at all. If he's still playing like this next summer after a whole season, then it's concerning. As you said, it's just one game. 

But I liked his court vision and passing ability. He showed flashes of how he's so highly touted in that regard, showed flashes of the prior concerns we had on his defensive ability against athletic guards (although Marshall hardly qualifies as "athletic", he is better than he's given credit) and had a poor shooting night. 

If he didn't display that court vision or passing touch, then I'd be concerned. 

Ingram was excellent tonight. He definitely looks like a star in the making. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

This is really for the better for Utah.

Would you rather they hang out in 5-8 seed purgatory and just make the playoffs, or position themselves to be successful once Golden State peters out and LeBron gets old a couple seasons down the road?  It's commendable to tell your fan base "Hey, we're trying to win!", but realistically, they aren't going anywhere past where they got this season.  (And if LeBron does head west, that doesn't help Utah at all.)

At this point now, I think you're right. They're screwed in the present. As much as I've grown absolutely tired of leaning on the future - no really, I'm really tired of it - that may very well be all we can do right now. Again.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The last few pages of this thread have all been endorsements of the process. 

Also, since I never saw these guys before, is Fultz really better than Ball?  It seems like Ball gets all the attention from fans, but the actual teams were fighting each other for the chance to get Fultz.  Is it the Lavar factor, or is Fultz like Jared Goff, and Ball Carson Wentz?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

55 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Not really.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Also, since I never saw these guys before, is Fultz really better than Ball?  It seems like Ball gets all the attention from fans, but the actual teams were fighting each other for the chance to get Fultz.  Is it the Lavar factor, or is Fultz like Jared Goff, and Ball Carson Wentz?

Ball just had an awful summer league debut going 2-15, and only 1-11 from 3pt. Haven't heard how Fultz has done I'm not even sure if he's played by lonzo definitely gets more air time with lavar going off telling female reporters they can't have an opinion on his brand, and making promises saying his some will lead the lakers to the playoff and be rookie of the year.

NBA and UNLV sold out the Thomas & Mack today. Granted, it's an all day pass for $30, but they sold courtside seats for $400 face value.

The area loves the Lakers, UFC 214 is three miles away tonight and UNLV doesn't get but one/two hoops sellouts per year if SDSU or New Mexico is good in MWC or if BYU is scheduled.

46 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

$30 for an all day pass? That seems like a great way to spend a free Saturday.

Games are both at Cox Arena next door and the Thomas&Mack. There are 24 NBA teams in Vegas now.

Parking used to be included but this likely the final year of that since the new UNLV athletic director has full booking power for the Silver Bowl and T&M.

So Houston extends Harden, with the last year being something like $47 million.  That's got to be a team option.  My goodness.

On the Atlanta front, the team says "Enjoy!" to the Knicks and their new $17 million-a-year guy, Tim Hardaway Jr.  That now makes 9 of the 15 players that were on the Hawks roster back in April gone.  I was a part-timer with the team when they won all of 13 games....now they may not be that bad, but I don't see how this team gets 20 wins.

Archived