MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Ahem?

The Seattle Space Needle, the Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower (maybe), and the Hollywood Sign would beg to differ.

I was going to list those few exactly, with the exception of Coit Tower. 

But I would easily put LA’s City Hall in that company.  And that’s a pretty elite group. 

With Trevor Hoffman going into the Hall of Fame, we’ll have lots of opportunities to see how much better the Padres used to look. I’m partial to the blue/orange days myself.

Also, maybe someone will flashback to his time in a teal heavy Marlins look.

4 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

With Trevor Hoffman going into the Hall of Fame, we’ll have lots of opportunities to see how much better the Padres used to look. I’m partial to the blue/orange days myself.

Also, maybe someone will flashback to his time in a teal heavy Marlins look.

The Marlins's Twitter account came through:

DUV7fr2XkAIhEAO.jpg:large

44 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I thought I recognized that building.  Then I realized I was confusing it with the Beverly Hills Police Department that I'd seen in the Beverly Hills Cop series.

Beverly-Hills-Police.jpg

If my memory serves me correctly, the Beverly Hills Police Dept. Building has actually be used as the L.A. City Hall in some movies.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

30 minutes ago, Whitesox572 said:

That broken up 60 in the Dodgers logo is so annoying that it gives me a headache.  I saw someone brought it up on Twitter to the designer, and his reponse was rather offputting.  

Well, I can’t blame him for that. Twitter criticism is about the worst. 

3 hours ago, Mitch B said:

If my memory serves me correctly, the Beverly Hills Police Dept. Building has actually be used as the L.A. City Hall in some movies.

Or perhaps it was that the Beverly Hills City Hall Bld as been portrayed as the Police Station.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Well, I can’t blame him for that. Twitter criticism is about the worst. 

Are there other ways to talk to the designer?

If he/she is on Twitter, be preprepared  to answer to criticism, or is it only to be used for praise?

12 hours ago, Whitesox572 said:

That broken up 60 in the Dodgers logo is so annoying that it gives me a headache.  I saw someone brought it up on Twitter to the designer, and his reponse was rather offputting.  

Did he also design the 40 and 50 year logos?

41 minutes ago, skip88 said:

Are there other ways to talk to the designer?

If he/she is on Twitter, be preprepared  to answer to criticism, or is it only to be used for praise?

You're assuming that he sold the team on the design, rather than the team driving it.  He may even think in the back of his mind that it looks stupid, but the team was like "hmmm, maybe make the 60 a little longer, so it goes behind the banner?  yeah, that's it!"

Design is a process that's bigger than just the designer.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Brandon9485 said:

Dear Dodgers, 

Please take note. This is a well-done commemorative logo. The message is clear and not obstructed. 10/10. 

Except that giant bells are more associated with Philadelphia than anywhere else.  It's clearly not the liberty bell, due to lack of crack, but the reference (I guess hells bells?) is pretty obscure.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You're assuming that he sold the team on the design, rather than the team driving it.  He may even think in the back of his mind that it looks stupid, but the team was like "hmmm, maybe make the 60 a little longer, so it goes behind the banner?  yeah, that's it!"

Design is a process that's bigger than just the designer.  

The team is in on the design process here? Isn't that just speculation 

22 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Except that giant bells are more associated with Philadelphia than anywhere else.  It's clearly not the liberty bell, due to lack of crack, but the reference (I guess hells bells?) is pretty obscure.

Trevor Hoffman and Hells Bells are a famous combination. 

I have never been to Los Angeles but I don't get the city hall building thing. That has something to do with LA the city but seemingly zero to do with the team. It seems random and out of place. I'd imagine everyone outside of LA sees that patch and it triggers a different memory for each person. The city hall building isn't universally recognized enough to be on that patch. I'm in Miami and the patch reminds me of this building, what we call The Freedom Tower...

Image result for miami freedom tower

Archived