anythinglogos

2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, hendocfc said:

It's indeed orange. Or,well,as adidas would want to tell you,"solar red". 

 

What do you call solar orange, then? Yellow? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Adidas had to produce amber clobber for Hull City a few years back, they christened the bespoke hue 'sonic gold'.

 

Quite what makes a colour sonic is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaffa said:

When Adidas had to produce amber clobber for Hull City a few years back, they christened the bespoke hue 'sonic gold'.

 

Quite what makes a colour sonic is beyond me.

I would never think of Hull City's primary color as gold of any kind. Adding 'sonic' in front of it makes it much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or are a lot of the jerseys I'm seeing for the WC just basic templated soccer strips with a faux retro pattern inserted to make it look interesting from close up?

 

I think when you see these on TV, they're going to look fairly basic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2018 at 9:12 AM, Jaffa said:

When Adidas had to produce amber clobber for Hull City a few years back, they christened the bespoke hue 'sonic gold'.

 

Quite what makes a colour sonic is beyond me.

 

23 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I would never think of Hull City's primary color as gold of any kind. Adding 'sonic' in front of it makes it much worse.

 

You guys are overthinking that one. It’s just the darker gold the SuperSonics added to their palette in the late 1990s. ^_^

 

15 hours ago, Bayne said:

Is it just me or are a lot of the jerseys I'm seeing for the WC just basic templated soccer strips with a faux retro pattern inserted to make it look interesting from close up?

 

I think when you see these on TV, they're going to look fairly basic.

 

I like that approach. I think design is at its best when it gives you recognizability at a distance, then engages you with something more subtle as you get closer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I like that approach. I think design is at its best when it gives you recognizability at a distance, then engages you with something more subtle as you get closer.

 

...and this is exactly what a national team's kit should do every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like something that makes a bit more of a statement that reflects the era, rather than a hum-drum, generic, nod-to-the-past, boilerplate template with an interesting yet inconspicuous pattern that will be very forgettable in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t hate the orange. It’s a nice change kit to oppose their traditional home look. But how dope would it look with yellow... keeps it in line with their home and would look amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not World Cup related but any news on USA uniform release? I was hoping it would be before the She Believes Cup but I guess US Soccer just said screw it, which is par for the course since getting knocked out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/02/2018 at 10:47 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Not World Cup related but any news on USA uniform release? I was hoping it would be before the She Believes Cup but I guess US Soccer just said screw it, which is par for the course since getting knocked out. 

From what I remember, the shebelieves cup uses the old designs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scratcher said:

puma-2018-international-away-kits.jpg
Many of those won't be in the World Cup anyway, but that's just incredibly poor/lazy work

I think what makes this really upsetting is that Puma put effort into the home uniforms for both WC/non-WC teams, but put ZERO effort into the away kits 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now