Crabcake47

2017 MLB Postseason Thread

CS85    5,399
2 hours ago, CS85 said:

Calling it now:  Strasburg may give up one hit tonight.  Maybe one.

U81OR.gif

The Washington Nationals are the ultimate regular season team. They always seem to forget how to play when the games really matter.

Crabcake47    418
15 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

The Washington Nationals are the ultimate regular season team. They always seem to forget how to play when the games really matter.

They're the Caps of baseball. I'm convinced D.C. Sports will never win another championship for at least another 10-20 years. That's all sports, by the way,  

39 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

They're the Caps of baseball. I'm convinced D.C. Sports will never win another championship for at least another 10-20 years. That's all sports, by the way,  

Yeah; if there's one thing Washington sports teams know what to do is not show up when the games matter. (ie; A Win or Go Home situation)

the admiral    10,664

CCSLC Mom Text: "why does the Washington logo look like the Walgreens logo? Are they their sponsor?"

FGM13    703

Bryce Harper and his hair rock.

Alex Houston    187

Hey, look. Team Walgreens actually didn't suck for once. I mean, it's gonna suck when they choke away two in Chicago, but hey, this was nice. 

13 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

Hey, look. Team Walgreens actually didn't suck for once. I mean, it's gonna suck when they choke away two in Chicago, but hey, this was nice. 

Raise their fans hopes, then break their hearts in the end?

It's a bold strategy Cotton; let's see if it pays off for 'em.

Crabcake47    418
42 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Raise their fans hopes, then break their hearts in the end?

It's a bold strategy Cotton; let's see if it pays off for 'em.

Can the plan that has been executed countless times for, let's see, about 5 years, be considered bold anymore?

2 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Can the plan that has been executed countless times for, let's see, about 5 years, be considered bold anymore?

I don't know; maybe there's still clusters of gullible fans who think this year is the year again?

SFGiants58    2,075
22 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I don't know; maybe there's still clusters of gullible fans who think this year is the year again?

Can't leave out the toothpick multiplier!

dusty-baker-toothpick-real.jpg

ozzyman314    59

My god the Red Sox have been so pathetically inept in the playoffs. 

-Bases loaded no outs, can only score 1 :censored:ing run? (with 2 of your best hitters completely ignoring fastballs right down the middle).  

what's the point in making the playoffs if you aren't going to :censored:ing show up for them? 

SFGiants58    2,075
2 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

My god the Red Sox have been so pathetically inept in the playoffs. 

-Bases loaded no outs, can only score 1 :censored:ing run? (with 2 of your best hitters completely ignoring fastballs right down the middle).  

what's the point in making the playoffs if you aren't going to :censored:ing show up for them? 

Well, that surrender was a bit premature, don't you think? ;)

ozzyman314    59
6 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well, that surrender was a bit premature, don't you think? ;)

Guess so LOL. :P

Still don't have much hope they'll win the series, but hey, crazier things have happened. Especially with this team. 

Lights Out    2,243

I have the nauseating feeling that we just witnessed the start of another fluke Red Sox title run. Hope I'm wrong.

ozzyman314    59

Don't worry, even if by some miracle the Red Sox win the divisional, they aren't going to get that lucky again, especially against (assuming) the Cleveland Indians.

I will however, curl up in the fetal position if I have to witness another Yankees-Red Sox ALCS. 

Bucfan56    3,851

I said to a friend yesterday who said the Red Sox were cooked that they were JUST annoying enough to still win this thing. And Houston hasn't proven anything to me yet. They pretty much fell apart in 2015, and I have a feeling they're about to repeat that again here. 

Either way, a Red Sox Dodgers World Series would definitely prompt me to skip it completely. 

FinsUp1214    1,843

I couldn’t help but feel the whole time that Boston was pulling this win out of their butts. Especially so on that JBJ homer that popped out of Redick’s glove. 

I still think Houston will win the series and is the better team by far, but I won’t lie that the thought of the Red Sox lucking this series out is in the back of my head.