MLB by NIKE

colinturner95

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jogmkij.png

Florida/Miami had a unique thing going with teal in the early days, even winning not one but two World Series in their best look. And then years later they decided to wear a few colors short of a full rainbow in a gaudy stadium, essentially taking a dump on the golden days of Marlins baseball. Okay, maybe that's a little harsh. But nevertheless, the Marlins identity has admittedly taken a few steps back. However with that being said, I personally find the biggest issue with the Marlins now to be the colors. There's too many colors competing against each other for it to be effective in my opinion. Plus their previous color scheme was damn near perfect. So I thought, why not combine the eras? The amount of colors seemed like it would be a challenge but I think it might have worked. 

Hats - Two main hats, teal/black and black/black. A newly recolored M with the stylized Marlin graces the front of them all. 

Jerseys - This time on the home jersey, it says Marlins. Look the way I see it, your home fans know where home is, no need to have it on your chest on the home uniforms. Anyways, the striping pattern was derived from the stylizing of the M logo with a few tweaks here and there. Away mirrors the home pretty much, also it's teal this time rather than black or grey. Teal is a unique color. Flaunt it. Alternate is black with a slightly different stripe and the M logo on the chest rather than a wordmark. 

Pants - Only white pants this go around. The side stripe here is based off the marlin from the M logo and continues about 3/4 of the way down the leg. Socks are striped based off the jerseys they go with. 

BP - For the BP hat, I broke the marlin away from the M and slapped in on the front of a black/teal hat. For the jerseys, I put the M front and center and shortened the striping a little bit. The black one is a "blackout" style jersey, with the numbers and the logo being mostly blacked out with some color still in there. 

C&C welcome! A bit wild with some reservations but I think it's an improvement. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Really like the fish/marlin fin pant stripe. All in all this is a big improvement over their current look!

Curious to see how you handle Milwaukee. I'd love to see an alternate with a giant BiG logo on the front!

Alright guys I'm stuck again: 

1GdXrQm.png

My original plan was to go royal and yellow but now I'm very undecided. I've laid out a few previews with different color examples to see what the community consensus is. HALP!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

T-bars? I like it already!

I would go with one of the top two. The Brewers are at a crossroads with their look, so it's obvious they're headed in a different direction from what they've been wearing since the turn of the century. For that reason I'd rule out the bottom left option. I kind of like the navy and yellow (it looked great on the Padres a few years ago) and you can't go wrong with the classic royal and yellow. I like the bottom right option but it looks too much like the Royals. 

So I think that the yellow/gold debacle has been dealt with, now how about the blues: 

SZi8WlA.png

Thought I'd give a bit more of a peek at the look, so here's the full front with number font options as well. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

KDsUVwu.png

So I'm really not 100% sold on this design. My original plan had the Brewers adopting royal blue and yellow full time but then I saw the new Saturday(?) Sunday (?) alt with navy and yellow and then I opened that can of worms and now here we are. To be totally honest, I'm not sure what my reasoning for the t bar design was. I thought it fit with the Brewers so I ran with it. 

Hats - I simplified the M with the wheat logo down to two colors and used that on the front of a navy/navy hat and helmet. For the throwback, I went with the yellow front paneled hat with the BiG logo and my research didn't quite bring up any images of the batting helmets from that year, so I just mirrored the hat onto the helmet. 

Jerseys - As I previewed, the main feature of the home and road uniforms are the t bars which are pretty self-explanatory. I stayed with the current wordmarks after stripping them down and going with a simple outline.  On the navy jersey, I had to add another outline for clarity purposes to the wordmark and the number. I didn't like how the yellow alternate turned out so I went with the 1978 powder blue throwbacks, which was also a chance to use the V-neck template I finally finished. 

Pants - Nothing crazy for the pants. Main pants are white with a simple stripe down the pant leg. Alternate pants are basically the same thing except powder blue. Socks are striped for the home and away uniforms. for the throwback socks I did blue stirrups and yellow socks. 

BP - For the BP gear, we have two sets of gear. First for the main uniforms, a recolor of the throwback hat with a resurrected state outline logo with the M Wheat logo. For the BP jersey, I did a chest stripe with matching sleeve stripes and the state logo on the left chest. Second set is for throwback games, hat is blue/yellow with the BiG logo. I had a different idea in mind when I was first doing the BP jersey but I really liked how the normal BP uni turned out and repurposed it for the alternate gamedays

C&C welcome!  

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I actually really like what you've done with the Brewers! I'm still not a fan of their current scripts, but simplifying the outlines/losing the drop shadows is a major improvement. The alternates are really nice and unexpected. 

I wonder if you need the navy outlines on the road script. It might look cleaner if the scripts and numbers were just white with gold outlines. 

So I thought something looked wrong when I posted the Brewers and I figured out what it was: 

ldPwRIg.png

I looked at the throwbacks and thought the color balance felt off or something else was missing or I did something wrong. Well I took a closer look and found what it was. The 1978 Brewers uniforms didn't have belts. So I fixed that and added the appropriate coloring to the now beltless pants. 

38 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I actually really like what you've done with the Brewers! I'm still not a fan of their current scripts, but simplifying the outlines/losing the drop shadows is a major improvement. The alternates are really nice and unexpected. 

I wonder if you need the navy outlines on the road script. It might look cleaner if the scripts and numbers were just white with gold outlines. 

The navy outlines on the road uniforms are definitely needed. the yellow and white bleed together badly if there isn't something between them. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Still feel like there's something wrong with the Brewers that I'm not seeing so anyone have any comments or criticisms or just need to talk about anything? ?

One thought is that the shoulder stripes on the road set don't have the same color balance as the script. Maybe make the internal stripe blue and bottom stripe white?

14 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I don't like the double stroke on the numbers, especially on the away set. I think you should follow the Miami Dolphins and remove the dark inner stroke.

The problem with that is then the numbers become unreadable with the yellow and white next to each other so until I can think of another way to go with the numbers then that stroke is gonna have to stay. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I don't like the double stroke on the numbers, especially on the away set. I think you should follow the Miami Dolphins and remove the dark inner stroke.

Okay nevermind, I take back what I said earlier. 

2N9BW3U.png

All I did was get rid of the number outlines and I tweaked the yellow a little bit so I think there is enough contrast now. 

Let me know what you guys think!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived