buzzcut

2018 NBA "Off"Season-Because It's Always On

15 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Why do the Kings even exist any more? They’re so absolutely worthless. I live in Sacramento and work with the public and I know maybe 5 actual Kings fans. And the most surprising thing about them passing on Doncic is that it’s not surprising at all. 

You can have them, Seattle. No idea why you would want them. The NBA and the city of Sacramento would be better off if they just contracted them. 

Or the NBA could send them back to Kansas City and have another close MW team in the league.

Lol, sure. Not sure why Kansas City would want them either. If you have the choice between the Kings or no basketball, you’re better off with option #2. 

58 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Why do the Kings even exist any more? They’re so absolutely worthless. I live in Sacramento and work with the public and I know maybe 5 actual Kings fans. And the most surprising thing about them passing on Doncic is that it’s not surprising at all. 

You can have them, Seattle. No idea why you would want them. The NBA and the city of Sacramento would be better off if they just contracted them. 

Too bad you can't fire owners. 

I’m sad that all the debates over Post-Hinkieism overshadowed the Vivek era galaxy brain nonsense in Sacramento. Made the Kings interesting at least.

lol @ the Hawks; WTF are they doing trading Doncic for Trae Young?  Better hope for an Ainge-esque return on that "other assets" part

Young plus a future first isn't the worst. Atlanta needs someone to sell tickets, and Young will do that in 2018 more so than Luca would.

But Dallas feels like a better place for Luca to learn how to play professional basketball, compared to whatever is happening in Atlanta.

If LAC ends up with Porter that would be pretty good for them. That's good value at 12 or 13.

We'll see what Jordan does here.

PAXSON DRAFTED ANOTHER FREAKING DUKE GUY. Gave up Jimmy Butler and tanked a year for this. They couldn't shoot for Trae Young?

30 minutes ago, Kaz said:

lol @ the Hawks; WTF are they doing trading Doncic for Trae Young?  Better hope for an Ainge-esque return on that "other assets" part

Gotta get rid of the Budzenholder era guys first and get back another 1st rounder from a DAL team who won't be good next year too.  Zion Williamson, who is from will be available next year. Schroëder's gotta be gone.

21 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Young plus a future first isn't the worst. Atlanta needs someone to sell tickets, and Young will do that in 2018 more so than Luca would.

But Dallas feels like a better place for Luca to learn how to play professional basketball, compared to whatever is happening in Atlanta.

If LAC ends up with Porter that would be pretty good for them. That's good value at 12 or 13.

We'll see what Jordan does here.

Carlisle doesn't like rookies to get minutes, so the sooner Rick retires and a new HC comes in, the better for him. If they weren't in tank mode last year, no way Dennis Smith, Jr. plays 30/night.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

Shams has been nailing it so far:

EDIT: Of course right after I say that, Woj starts getting the leads before Shams

I don't really understand this genre of sports reporting; what is the value to having two reporters compete to tweet out information that will be announced publicly two minutes later, anyway?

EDIT!  I just saw this explanation. Exceptional work on the middle finger to one's employer. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2018/06/21/espn-adrian-wojnarowski-became-master-synonyms-with-his-draft-night-woj-bombs/qVxr0JdqmpaMMWcZpxf3AI/story.html

Grayson Allen to Utah. Talk about a perfect fit. 

I gotta admit, I hated Grayson Allen in college. But you know what? I actually really like this pick a lot. He’s gotta stop tripping people of course, but he’s a great shooter, athletic, and really fits that hustle-and-grind Jazz mentality. I think this is a pick that will pay off.

4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Because they get very good fan support in spite of the on-court product. What a dumb post.

Atlanta gets an F for tonight. Doncic was right there for the taking, and they trade him for Trae Young (lol) and a protected future first (LOL). Really, that's what you tanked your entire season for?

Phoenix traded away Miami's unprotected 2021 first in a pick swap with the Sixers. Bad, bad move. Miami is a team on the way down. Actually I wouldn't be shocked if the bottom fell out this season. That could easily be a top 5 pick they just gave away.

Not impressed with the Kings taking Bagley. No defensive ability. He's gonna be one of those guys who puts up empty numbers on a bad team for the first 10 years of his career. Doncic would have a much better chance of turning that team around.

So has Lavar Ball ranted yet about how his son LiMelo has not been drafted so far?

Not really thrilled with the Cavs taking a point guard that doesn’t really pass the ball that well and doesn’t really shoot the ball that well, but hey, at least we aren’t Sacramento and Atlanta.

6 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

The Kings don't even have a first round pick next year. It's with the Sixers(or maybe Celtics now)

I take it back. He's the clear GOAT:

NINTCHDBPICT000413330821.jpg?w=960

The Wizards really needed a big man in this draft. If they didn’t pick one up, selecting a backup guard to provide some much needed bench scoring would’ve been good too. So of course a team in desperate win-now mode selects a long term project at the position where they have the most depth (SF). 

Would've definitely preferred DiVincenzo or Huerter or Robert Williams at 15. Think Troy Brown Jr. was a reach.