Recommended Posts

You know what gets me through the night? How the narrative around the Warriors went from everyone fawning over the “best team ever” to “yeah, of course they won, nobody’s impressed” when Durant joined up.

 

No matter how good Durant is, his legacy will forever be tied to joining a 73-win team he blew a 3-1 lead against to get his rings. No matter how many titles the Warriors win, their legacy will forever be tied to begging the second-best player in the league to join them after blowing a 3-1 lead after winning 73 games.

 

Glad we got our win in 2016 because this would’ve played out in the most Cleveland way ever otherwise. Still think LeBron sticks around, and still think it’s possible for the Cavs to get another ring, but also recognize it’s unlikely. Should’ve won game 1, though, and everything’s different if that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear Ambien works for that, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Warriors and their fans should embrace the villain role. Everyone hates them so why the hell not? Evil never dies. Crush everyone and never look back. I'm no fan but it's kind of funny watching everyone get so pissed off at them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who says they don't? I for one enjoy the hell out of some of it.

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a professional sports hater with two MVPs in that category, but it's pretty fun being on the other end of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LeBron truly is the greatest NBA Finalist of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hilarious the ways people are divising ideas to break them up. I heard one today about KD not opting in and going with LeBron to the Lakers. Rich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lebron to the Warriors on a minimum deal just because I want to see the collective NBA fanbase completely melt down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think that if LeBron goes anywhere, it'll be to the Lakers. He has to go Hollywood and win in the West.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

You know what gets me through the night? How the narrative around the Warriors went from everyone fawning over the “best team ever” to “yeah, of course they won, nobody’s impressed” when Durant joined up.

 

No matter how good Durant is, his legacy will forever be tied to joining a 73-win team he blew a 3-1 lead against to get his rings. No matter how many titles the Warriors win, their legacy will forever be tied to begging the second-best player in the league to join them after blowing a 3-1 lead after winning 73 games.

 

Glad we got our win in 2016 because this would’ve played out in the most Cleveland way ever otherwise. Still think LeBron sticks around, and still think it’s possible for the Cavs to get another ring, but also recognize it’s unlikely. Should’ve won game 1, though, and everything’s different if that happens.

I read your post with the beeps as the Stugotz is strong in you.

 

The LeBatard Show simulcast was fantastic tonight with more Stugotz's "personal record book".

Edited by dfwabel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He joins the Lakers and still loses to the Warriors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Lebron to the Warriors on a minimum deal just because I want to see the collective NBA fanbase completely melt down. 

b326089a264e0e63593c05d4c7b6f70c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Wings said:

b326089a264e0e63593c05d4c7b6f70c

Warriors are crushing the Cavaliers. LeBron emerges from the locker room. "But whose side is he on!?" screams Jeff Van Gundy. LeBron drops the leg on Kevin Love. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, the admiral said:

I do think that if LeBron goes anywhere, it'll be to the Lakers. He has to go Hollywood and win in the West.

 

I think he's going to stay in Cleveland for 2 more years.  Then he will sign is second to last contract for 3-5 years with the Lakers.  Then he'll resign with the Cavs on a 1-day contract to retire a Cav.

 

  • Lakers - They don't make sense right now.
  • Rockets - You are REALLY going to take the ball out of Harden's and Paul's hands to put it in LeBron's?  Have you seen the Cavs no-movement offense?  He doesn't work there for a multitude of reasons.
  • Phila - Could make sense, they are young and athletic... but outside of Reddick... they have no floor spacing.  That team would need some over hauling.
  • Washington - A sleeper... has some shooters, has some bigs, has a dynamic Point Guard.
  • Boston - lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CLEstones said:

 

I think he's going to stay in Cleveland for 2 more years.  Then he will sign is second to last contract for 3-5 years with the Lakers.  Then he'll resign with the Cavs on a 1-day contract to retire a Cav.

 

  • Lakers - They don't make sense right now.
  • Rockets - You are REALLY going to take the ball out of Harden's and Paul's hands to put it in LeBron's?  Have you seen the Cavs no-movement offense?  He doesn't work there for a multitude of reasons.
  • Phila - Could make sense, they are young and athletic... but outside of Reddick... they have no floor spacing.  That team would need some over hauling.
  • Washington - A sleeper... has some shooters, has some bigs, has a dynamic Point Guard.
  • Boston - lol

 

What about Toronto? =P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

I do think that if LeBron goes anywhere, it'll be to the Lakers. He has to go Hollywood and win in the West.

 

Beyond that, I hear people say the Lakers aren't good enough right now, but I do think they're in the best position to blow it up and remake the team in LeBron's image. They seem not dissimilar to the state of the Cavs when LeBron returned, actually, apart from missing a Kyrie-level talent. But Caldwell-Pope, Brook Lopez and Isaiah Thomas (lol) are all off the books now. The Luol Deng contract is still not ideal, but either way there's plenty of room for LeBron to arrive and bring his pick of superfriends. Also seems very easy to see them trading Lonzo Ball to some schmuck to make more room if needed.

 

That said, I'm not counting out his returning to a very very different Cavs team, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LeBron does not need money.  He needs legacy.  So his options include:

  • Stay in Cleveland and continue to drag his group of stiffs as far as they can.  Win no more titles.  Be recognized as having spent much of his career on bad teams but be compared maybe to Kobe; not to Jordan.
  • Go somewhere else, which causes his reputation as a ring-chaser to get even worse.  Probably win no more rings anyway.  I don't think there's a team he joins and can beat the Warriors.

I am not betting on this, but a third option? Retire. 

 

I was thinking maybe the Cavs can mortgage their entire future to try to win for the last couple years of LeBron greatness.  That would make total sense (since it's not like they'll ever be relevant post-LeBron) if not for the Warriors. There's no way the rest of this goes well for LeBron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Digby said:

 

 

Beyond that, I hear people say the Lakers aren't good enough right now, but I do think they're in the best position to blow it up and remake the team in LeBron's image. They seem not dissimilar to the state of the Cavs when LeBron returned, actually, apart from missing a Kyrie-level talent. But Caldwell-Pope, Brook Lopez and Isaiah Thomas (lol) are all off the books now. The Luol Deng contract is still not ideal, but either way there's plenty of room for LeBron to arrive and bring his pick of superfriends. Also seems very easy to see them trading Lonzo Ball to some schmuck to make more room if needed.

 

That said, I'm not counting out his returning to a very very different Cavs team, either.

I don't know if I see the Lakers wanting to do that.  The NBA is their league. They'll be back.  And why sell any future to get maybe two more dominant years of LeBron?  Their best option is to wait out the Warriors era and then become the Lakers of old by signing some free agents.  By that time, LeBron will be done.

 

But if the Lakers are going to do that, or the Cavs, I hope the T-Wolves are watching.  The KAT era is over and the Wolves hopes, just like in the Love era, are crushed.  I hope they can unload KAT and salary for some future.  Future Cavs picks should be nice (i.e., go a few years out).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't he already own a house in LA? He's a corny ass dad now, he might see the practicality in not really having to fully move again.  Of course that logic could work the same way and he just stays in Cleveland for the rest of his career. I think Lebron also sees big picture and appreciates what being visible in LA could do for him post-basketball. He could be Magic Johnson times 2. My money, though, is on him signing another one year deal with the Cavs. I don't think he'll have any interest in playing mentor in Philadelphia. 

 

 

RE: The Warriors

This is the problem basketball will always have. If too many players find their way to the same team it feels like cheating at worst and just boring and predictable at best, especially if one of the league's top five players joins an already great team and I don't even know how you argue that what he did was not super lame. It's also unlikely the perfect storm of circumstances that led to this collection in Oakland will happen again so I also don't see a reason to make moves to stop things like this from happening. Just wait until it's over I guess, would be my advice to basketball fans. If I'd watched this entire season and then this happened I'd be grumpy about it. I'm grumpy about it and I'm not even a basketball fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Doesn't he already own a house in LA? He's a corny ass dad now, he might see the practicality in not really having to fully move again.  Of course that logic could work the same way and he just stays in Cleveland for the rest of his career. I think Lebron also sees big picture and appreciates what being visible in LA could do for him post-basketball. He could be Magic Johnson times 2. My money, though, is on him signing another one year deal with the Cavs. I don't think he'll have any interest in playing mentor in Philadelphia. 

 

Yeah, this is where I'm at: probably Cleveland, maybe Los Angeles, that's it, and if it's Los Angeles, it's because Hollywood can make him more of a global icon than he already is. Which is quite possible. As for his on-court legacy,

 

pqZNtQgrsJpb9AESNAFAkErITGeIYGBZICDSUq3C

Second comes right after first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now