2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2018 at 4:43 PM, NFLfan10 said:

I wish the Niner game was later in the season. That would be a nice-looking matchup with the Chargers in white navy/navy and SF in white/gold, but as usual, the league chooses to let us down.

The game in 2010.

NFL AP S FBN California United States BLCA01 49ers Chargers Football

AP101216048021.jpg?wm=api&ver=0

NFL AP S FBN CA USA PSCA01 49ers Chargers Football

NFL AP S FBN CA USA KTCA01 49ers Chargers Football

2 hours ago, kiwi90 said:

Cowboys will wear their blue jerseys three times:

W1 @ Carolina

W7 @ Washington

W9 vs. Tennessee

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/1025119654497280000?s=21

Are they sure it's not the road game at Washington? I thought it Dallas wears blue at home on Thanksgiving. At home against Tennessee? What changed?

Did the Redskins get someone new to make the decisions on their uniforms?

On 8/1/2018 at 3:24 PM, gothedistance said:

Chargers uniform/jersey schedule is out. https://www.chargers.com/news/chargers-announce-2018-uniform-schedule

I hope the Titans don't wear the columbia blue pants this time. Because that game between the teams back in 2016 was awful. 

I knew the Chargers would wear powder blue against the Raiders because that week will still be hot. I also thought they would wear the royal blue against the Cardinals based on where they wore the color rush last year.

The Bills must be wearing their white throwbacks if the Chargers are wearing navy at Buffalo. Sweet.

Navy over white is diminishing. I like that combo.

In a way, I was expecting the Chargers to wear powder blue vs the Rams in the Coliseum week 3. They did wear powder blue in Dallas last year.

8 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Are they sure it's not the road game at Washington? I thought it Dallas wears blue at home on Thanksgiving. At home against Tennessee? What changed?

Did the Redskins get someone new to make the decisions on their uniforms?

I'm going to take a guess and say the Cowboys are going to wear Color Rush on Thanksgiving. I personally think the double star jersey should always be worn on Thanksgiving.

bSLCtu2.png

I just realized the Raiders are going to be wearing their home uniforms in the Coliseum against the Rams. That doesn't seem like a smart idea by the Rams to wear white. It's like double home field advantage as it is, can't have the illusion that the Rams aren't playing in their own building.

bSLCtu2.png

How original of the Dolphins. White at home first half of the season and no throwbacks til Week 13 back to back against the same 2 teams as last year. Do teams put any thought into these? Why wait until August to release these when it probably takes them 30 seconds to come up with? I imagine these are some direct quotes from front offices:

"This teams comes to town once every 8 years, so let's wear white"

"Our uniforms would clash well with this team, so let's wear our hideous color rush unis instead"

"We've worn our throwbacks against this team the past 3 seasons, so let's do it again!!"

"Our fans love this uniform, so let's make them wait til December to see them"

I'm starting to realize for teams that wear white at home for the first couple games, their alternate jersey is basically the equivalent of their home jersey if they choose to wear it 3 times. The Jaguars for instance could end up wearing teal as many as or more times than they wear black, but I guess this doesn't include if they wear color as the visiting team.

Archived