2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

It'll be interesting to find if the Saints will be in their primary whites or their color rush whites. 

Was the Saints not wearing white at home for any game in 2017 an exception to other years in the Sean Payton era? 

It was an exception, normally they wear white for the first couple of home games each year. Don’t know what the thought process or reason for it is.

So we have to miss out on a a solid looking match up that we haven't gotten in years over a meaningless game of golf? Really..? Hopefully the Saints' upper management overrules this nonsense for such a big game. Was looking forward to seeing this in the Nike uniforms:

14saints.1.600.jpg?resize=600,370&ssl=1

On 7/2/2018 at 11:32 PM, gothedistance said:

It'll be interesting to find if the Saints will be in their primary whites or their color rush whites. 

Was the Saints not wearing white at home for any game in 2017 an exception to other years in the Sean Payton era? 

In 2007 they wore black jerseys for all home games as well (pre and regular). The only difference between then and last year was that in 2007 I think they exclusively wore black pants, while last season the the pant choice was on a game-to-game basis. Something I heard about them wearing WAH for a few games each year in the Payton era was that as he was a former Dallas assistant, he preferred that look; but the players like wearing black jerseys better.

8 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

So we have to miss out on a a solid looking match up that we haven't gotten in years over a meaningless game of golf? Really..? Hopefully the Saints' upper management overrules this nonsense for such a big game. Was looking forward to seeing this in the Nike uniforms:

14saints.1.600.jpg?resize=600,370&ssl=1

I'm not sure why anybody would be looking forward to the Saints wearing the all black leotards.  Gold pants... always.

19 hours ago, msubulldog said:

In 2007 they wore black jerseys for all home games as well (pre and regular). The only difference between then and last year was that in 2007 I think they exclusively wore black pants, while last season the the pant choice was on a game-to-game basis. Something I heard about them wearing WAH for a few games each year in the Payton era was that as he was a former Dallas assistant, he preferred that look; but the players like wearing black jerseys better.

The Saints wore gold pants for the 2007 season. NO wore the black jersey and gold pants combo for the Bucs (week 2), Falcons home game, and Cardinals game that year. They wore the white jersey and gold pants for all road games except the Colts and Panthers road game.

What are the chances the Texans wear white at home to force the Cowboys in their navy blue?

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/03/david-carr-picking-texans-cowboys-week-5/

Coincidentally, the last time the Texans beat the Cowboys was that inaugural game in 2002, which was a Sunday night game in NRG Stadium. If the Texans wear white jerseys and force Dallas to wear blue, perhaps history will rhyme for Houston.

The one time the Texans beat the Cowboys, Houston wore white. Will Houston be one of those teams who do it just to try their luck with Dallas?

48 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

What are the chances the Texans wear white at home to force the Cowboys in their navy blue?

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/03/david-carr-picking-texans-cowboys-week-5/

The one time the Texans beat the Cowboys, Houston wore white. Will Houston be one of those teams who do it just to try their luck with Dallas?

Since 2010 the only home game where Houston wears white has been the regular-season opener (whiteout). Since the Texans open the home part of their regular season against the Giants in Week 3, time will tell.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

The Saints wore gold pants for the 2007 season. NO wore the black jersey and gold pants combo for the Bucs (week 2), Falcons home game, and Cardinals game that year. They wore the white jersey and gold pants for all road games except the Colts and Panthers road game.

Whatever the case is, the Saints need to drop the leotard look.  In fact, drop the black pants altogether

On 7/4/2018 at 11:38 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not sure why anybody would be looking forward to the Saints wearing the all black leotards.  Gold pants... always.

The matchup would likely end up being black over black vs. white over white anyways. Can’t say I’m beat up about this one.

44 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

Even if they added a stripe to them?

A stripe would help.  The biggest complaints I have with their black pants is,  A. They only have the black socks, and solid color socks and pants is always a terrible look, and,  B. They insist on wearing the black pants and jersey together, which, again, is always a terrible look.

Sure, add a stripe to the pants, but also get some actual road socks, and stop wearing all black at home.  (Also, match the helmet and pants stripes, match the golds, lose the collar...)

16 hours ago, Gupti said:

The matchup would likely end up being black over black vs. white over white anyways. Can’t say I’m beat up about this one.

Possibly, but I think the Eagles would be in green pants. In 2016, they only wore white over green, but last year I think it had to do with wins and losses. They wore them opening day in Washington and won, which inspired them to wear them Week 2 in KC. They lost this game, but didn't get another opportunity to wear white (aside from Color Rush) until Week 13 at Seattle and they wore all white again, but this may have had to do with the fact that they lost in Seattle the previous season in green pants. They finally broke out the green pants at NYG in Week 15 and won, but never had to wear white again after that. A weird situation either way. White/Green is obviously the better look.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Possibly, but I think the Eagles would be in green pants. In 2016, they only wore white over green, but last year I think it had to do with wins and losses. They wore them opening day in Washington and won, which inspired them to wear them Week 2 in KC. They lost this game, but didn't get another opportunity to wear white (aside from Color Rush) until Week 13 at Seattle and they wore all white again, but this may have had to do with the fact that they lost in Seattle the previous season in green pants. They finally broke out the green pants at NYG in Week 15 and won, but never had to wear white again after that. A weird situation either way. White/Green is obviously the better look.

They wore the all white in Seattle last year because they played in LA the following week and were staying out west between games. Eagles had to wear green jerseys for the LA game, so they brought white pants only on the trip to travel lighter.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

14 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

They wore the all white in Seattle last year because they played in LA the following week and were staying out west between games. Eagles had to wear green jerseys for the LA game, so they brought white pants only on the trip to travel lighter.

That makes sense too, but we've seen some teams bring both pants on some occasions. I guess it depends on the team. Either way, I think Philly's commitment to the all white last year was a fluke.

Teams can officially wear their alternates/color rush 3 times this season. Here are the teams that I think will wear there alternate 3 times:

Jaguars (teal)

Panthers (light blue)

Titans (light blue–mainly due to early season road games in MIA/JAX again)

Rams (blue)

Hopefully teams like the Eagles and Ravens don't. And hopefully teams like the Jags and Panthers can substitute their light alternates for a white at home game. I'd love to see the Jags wear teal vs. New England in Week 2 rather than all white. It is a late kickoff so I think it's possible.

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Teams can officially wear their alternates/color rush 3 times this season. Here are the teams that I think will wear there alternate 3 times:

Jaguars (teal)

Panthers (light blue)

Titans (light blue–mainly due to early season road games in MIA/JAX again)

Rams (blue)

Hopefully teams like the Eagles and Ravens don't. And hopefully teams like the Jags and Panthers can substitute their light alternates for a white at home game. I'd love to see the Jags wear teal vs. New England in Week 2 rather than all white. It is a late kickoff so I think it's possible.

When the Jags released their uniforms, they gave the impression that they could wear their teal jerseys three times as long as they paired them at least once with both the teal pants and socks. For the love of god, I hope they no longer feel the need to do that. I'd rather not see teal tops with teal pants regardless, but teal-teal-black is still a hundred times better than wasting a teal jersey usage on full-Gumby.

On 7/5/2018 at 10:21 AM, gothedistance said:

On 7/5/2018 at 11:11 AM, msubulldog said:

Since 2010 the only home game where Houston wears white has been the regular-season opener (whiteout). Since the Texans open the home part of their regular season against the Giants in Week 3, time will tell.

We're petty, I think we'll do it. Not to mention, we didn't do a fifteen anniversary or season thing last year of the year before, they got go with white tops and navy pants. Though they better break out the red socks if they do. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a Battle Red showdown vs. the Cowdung. 

Archived