New logo for Chargers, Dolphins & NFL shield "refined"?

StefOn

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chargers could benefit from getting a more stand-alone logo (the bolt looks weird when it's not following the curve of a helmet). Based on absolutely nothing, I think they're probably going to go retro-style with the uniforms, bringing back a lighter blue and a version of the horse/shield logo.

7h10eo9pslb5ox52gyug.gif

But I'm worried about the Dolphins - it seems like every idea they've had to change the uniform in the past has sucked, and it's hard to work with those colors without making a design seem like a "flavor of the month". They could either change the color scheme, which would destroy a unique and traditional scheme, or they could make a new uniform in the scheme, which has a high potential for tackiness.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

There are only two Dolphins designs I would accept.

1. The old logo (or keep the new one) and a go back to the classic jerseys (see Thanksgiving 2003, best unis in years if you ask me).

2. Go back to a more classic uniform, but the jumping phin logo on the sleeve and put an orange M on the helmet. If the Dolphin on the logo can have an M on the helmet, why shouldnt the team?

Three things I would absolutely reject . . .

1. Making the sunless, football Dolphin the primary.

2. Adding anymore navy.

3. Adapting the current stadium logo or its hated cousin, the Avante Guard redesign of 1997.

In short, I am intrigued, but scared out of my mind.

dolphins2.png

1. The old logo (or keep the new one) and a go back to the classic jerseys (see Thanksgiving 2003, best unis in years if you ask me).

Perfect solution, right there.

I myself prefer the "cleaned up" logo, but everything else about the new uniforms is needlessly cluttered.

The Chargers could benefit from getting a more stand-alone logo (the bolt looks weird when it's not following the curve of a helmet). Based on absolutely nothing, I think they're probably going to go retro-style with the uniforms, bringing back a lighter blue and a version of the horse/shield logo.

7h10eo9pslb5ox52gyug.gif

That's what they should do but, I have a feeling that they are going to keep the bolt as a primary. Since the powder blue is so popular, they are most likley going to make it part of their scheme.

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

I myself prefer the "cleaned up" logo, but everything else about the new uniforms is needlessly cluttered.

The "old logo"??? I hope you guys aren't talking about this:

870.gif or 869.gif

Compared to these:

875.gif

That old one looks like a senior citizen dolphin.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

The "old logo"??? I hope you guys aren't talking about this:

870.gif or 869.gif

Compared to this:

875.gif

That old one looks like a senior citizen dolphin.

Yeah, they can't bring back the old dolphin. That's out of the question. They could clean up their uniforms to more closely resemble their classic set, but going completely retro for the Dolphins is a mistake.

The Chargers need to go with a lighter shade of blue, and swap the yellow and white in their uniforms. Or they could just go with the powder blues full time B)

What could they do with the dolphin? Make it more futuristic or cartooney? Maybe a robot dolphin? I'm sure it would be the same concept, not an all-out futuristic change like the Falcons.

The Chargers are fine, but I agree it could use a logo like the old horse in the shield as a logo on the yard lines, Pro-Bowl jerseys, etc. instead of going with the lightning bolt. That only works on the uniform.

Shandon Miller probably read UniBlog and did a spit take, like Chris Farley when he played Newt Gingrich on SNL and his mom kept saying derogatory things about people.

"(spit take) Maaaaaa! You can't say those kind of things!!!!"

7h10eo9pslb5ox52gyug.gif

I am a die hard Charger fan an I agree. The bolt by itself is good as an alt logo, but not as a primary. It does look better on a helmet also. I would love for the shield to come back as long as they don't screw it up by trying to modernize it too much or something. Also if they don't go collegiate blue, then hope we get our yellow lightning bolts back on our uniforms. They have bee using the shield alot more recently, so hopefully it returns. Also it gives the team a better identity since a Charger is not defined as a lightning bolt.

I just had a scary thought - I hope the Chargers don't bring back a lighter blue AND keep their current navy blue. They could turn into Bills West, with 18 different versions of blue, and completely destroy a good uniform.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The current Charger logo looks too white, especially against a light background. It doesn't have much presence. Perhaps they'll try to shore it up with a background of some sort. I really wonder if they'll bring the horse back into it. I really wish they would, seeing that is where the name came from in the first place, but since day 1 the unis say "electric charge", and over time, so has the whole branding system.

For the Dolphins, I really wonder what direction they'd go. I can't remember seeing a cool Dolphin logo before, or maybe one escapes me. It'd be interesting.

I hope that the rumor of the Dolphins changing their logo is just a rumor. I think their current look is great. There isn't any need to change.

I would LOVE to see the Dolphins go back to the sleeve striping and lose the logo that's there now. I hate, hate, hate sleeve logos.

logo_dolphinstadium.jpg

Perhaps?

I think the townsfolk would burn down H. Wayne's mansion if that ever happened.

logo_dolphinstadium.jpg

Perhaps?

As much as I like that, I've gotta say, anything but a flaming hoop jumping Dolphin doesnt do it for me.

BTW, dolphinsstadium.com and miamidolphins.com have been infected with terrible malware. You might want to take that link off of here and run a virus scan on your cpu if you have been there recently.

dolphins2.png

If this work is being done by the same guy who did this years Super Bowl logo, I'm definitely not optimistic. It is awful; among the worst executed SB logos of the last 20 years. Look at that football. That's akin to a 7th grade notebook doodle.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived