New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

The internet once again proves that it truly has its fingers on the pulse of a market!!!

:lol:

New stuff ALWAYS sells just because it's new. The Buffaslug sold a hell of a lot, and that is nearly universally considered one of the worst brandings ever. Fans will buy new gear even if they hate it, just to be current. And the Marlins didn't sell much of anything last year since 1) Nobody went to their games to buy merchandise from their stores; and 2) They had already announced they would be changing their name, colors and logo the season after. I'm not definitively saying the fans love or hate it, just that these sales numbers are a poor indicator.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I'd expect them to be much further along than 17 percent of all sales last year before I'd call it staggering. Then again, how much Marlins gear sold last year? Could have been 1,000 items. :) Without that number, the percentage is useless.

Anyway, Samson's not going to say any different. And he should probably avoid references to being too busy "counting the cash." Never know when he'll have to cry poor again.

I wonder if the popularity of the orange cap will convince them to use it in games, considering it didn't make the cut for the fashion show.

My guess as to why the BP are selling best is quality. I have yet to see an authentic anywhere or a replica with a NOB. When presented with a blank replica and a blank BP for the same price, which is what I've encountered everywhere, the blank BP will win out because of better quality.

1997 | 2003

True, but these initial numbers are still very impressive. Don't forget that any fans who liked the teal knew this was their last chance to buy it.

Wait - you're saying the Marlins had teal last season? I could've sworn it was but a very small accent color around the wordmarks and hat mark.

In all seriousness, the Marlins fans who liked the teal probably wouldn't be going for the post-2003 apparel, and be looking for some older stuff.

spacer.png

True, but these initial numbers are still very impressive. Don't forget that any fans who liked the teal knew this was their last chance to buy it.

Wait - you're saying the Marlins had teal last season? I could've sworn it was but a very small accent color around the wordmarks and hat mark.

In all seriousness, the Marlins fans who liked the teal probably wouldn't be going for the post-2003 apparel, and be looking for some older stuff.

Well, it was used very little:

FloridaMarlins_PropCAP1b_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

^_^

Well, it was used very little:

FloridaMarlins_PropCAP1b_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

^_^

WOW! I didn't realize just how little teal was used!

spacer.png

Maybe the Marlins was looking at Maroon 5 when they came up with their logo. Below is a logo that Maroon 5 is using at the AMAs tonight:

6030343799_aeed1ebce6.jpg

That was the exact same thing that I was thinking when I watched that performance. Maybe that's where the Marlins got their logo idea from. I bet Jeff Loria loves Maroon 5.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Yeah, six weeks ago called and would like their joke back. :P

It was not meant as a joke, I just didn't want to go through all the pages when I seen it tonight. But thanks for making a sarcastic comment.

Been covered a couple times here. And even on MLB Network's "Intentional Talk."

I didn't know that and I would never watch MLB network so I would not know.

spacer.png

It was not meant as a joke, I just didn't want to go through all the pages when I seen it tonight. But thanks for making a sarcastic comment.

You not reading back pages is not our problem. You make a tired and repeated joke, you're getting called out on it.

You not reading back pages is not our problem. You make a tired and repeated joke, you're getting called out on it.

Getting called out for sharing something that I thought resembled the Miami Marlins logo when I seen it for the FIRST time tonight...if anything you was informing me of something I did not know of. So you didn't call me out because I did not intentionally mean anything by it.

spacer.png

Archived