New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Are there going to be any renovations to Dolphin Stadium to eliminate baseball configurations? Do they need to in order to improve football/soccer experiences?

Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphin/Landshark/SunLife Stadium was purpose built as a football stadium that could host baseball. I've been there for both events, and would have to say that not much is necessary.

They are planning, or were planning to bring the seats closer to the sidelines like the Orangebowl, and putting a canopy over the fans- pretty much covering everything but the field of play.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but by sectioning off the upper deck, they moved all the cheap seats down to the lower deck. That means all those empty seats in the lower deck are even more inexcuseable.

They concentrated everyone down below, and still the place looks deserted.

What are you the attendance police?

I don't understand why every thread about X poorly supported teams always in some way turns to attendance talk. It's like that thing where if you talk about anything long enough someone will throw out the Nazis.

1997 | 2003

Yes, but by sectioning off the upper deck, they moved all the cheap seats down to the lower deck. That means all those empty seats in the lower deck are even more inexcuseable.

I don't understand why every thread about X poorly supported teams always in some way turns to attendance talk. It's like that thing where if you talk about anything long enough someone will throw out the Nazis.

It's not that off topic. they're getting new uniforms because of the name change to Miami, because they'll be playing there. A new stadium has lots to do with attendance: how they got the stadium, how it will boost attendance figures, whether or not it will build a consistent, solid fanbase, etc...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

grant_a_marlins2_sy_576.jpg

And here I was thinking the Buffalo Bisons had the worst attendance of any pro baseball team in the States. I was driving by their stadium one day and saw pretty much this scene in the ballpark, but even they had more fans.

I find this an odd assumption for a team that is always at the top of Minor League Baseball attendance-wise. Maybe it's just perception since it's the largest professional ballpark not in the Majors?

Actually, if you read the thread, you'll find that the comment is directly on point.

I said, and will say again, that the Marlins are the perfect franchise for a radical, boundary-pushing overhaul. They do not have a large, reliable fanbase to offend, so they can take risks that other teams cannot.

Which is why this overhaul is perfect for them. That's why it belongs in the conversation.

Yeah the outside looks pretty cobbled together(especially with those gaudy Britto coverings they put at the corner ates, which look more in line with Loria's tastes then Stephen Ross lol).

But the inside would be pretty awesome for the Dolphins and soccer if they ever do make the renovations:

dolphinsfacelift.JPG

What's ironic is that a roof won't be added until after the Marlins are gone. 19 years of rain delays weren't enough to necessitate cover, but one Super Bowl where the NFL gets a little wet and all the sudden their demanding renovations to bring the big game back. Then they go and award one to New Jersey. Stay smooth Goodell.

And insert generic Marlins attendance response here <afternoon heat, rain, weekdays, still young franchise/fanbase, crummy team, etc>

It ain't Chicago, NY or Boston with 100+ years of history and generations of devoted fans. 30,000 people aren't gonna show up for your mid-week afternoon first pitch at the worst stadium in baseball(congrats Oakland, you get that title now).

BUT just because we haven't had the biggest fanbase or attendance doesn't make it okay for Loria to just up and change the team's look based on his personal tastes, without even considering the fans who do show up, who do care, who've been buying tickets and merch from his business for the last 8 seasons, and who've been here longer then him. He may make the money at the end of the day, and he may sign the checks, but the team belongs to ALL of South Florida, and every Marlins fan. It's not a painting hanging in his house that only he can enjoy, it's something that is shared with everyone who's ever thrown on a Marlins cap and cheered on the club. It's not just the team's identity, it's a part of all of our identities. And I'm not a big fan of identity theft.

doesn't make it okay for Loria to just up and change the team's look based on his personal tastes, without even considering the fans who do show up, who do care, who've been buying tickets and merch from his business for the last 8 seasons, and who've been here longer then him.

Yes, it does.

And not just because he's the owner, but because there aren't enough fans to object. He needs to take action to increase the fanbase into something that can support a Major League Baseball club. Rebranding is often an important part of that.

The orange seats have aged incredibly well. The teal seats are in decent condition depending on what side of the stadium you're on due to the sun. The blue seats that made up the Founder's Field seats in the infield look terrible. Almost like a grayish blue now. The supports at the end of every aisle are in bad shape. The orange on the steel has faded to a very light orange, the Dolphins logo is barely visible and rust is visible. There is a mismatch of cupholders throughout the stadium because of vandalism and wear + tear.

When they replace the seating, it would be a smart decision to stay with orange. Every other color is going to be ravaged by the sun.

Here is a picture of my former seat from last night, haha.

311921_237452826302512_100001133900568_598420_1821905715_n.jpg

1997 | 2003

The orange seats have aged incredibly well. The teal seats are in decent condition depending on what side of the stadium you're on due to the sun. The blue seats that made up the Founder's Field seats in the infield look terrible. Almost like a grayish blue now. The supports at the end of every aisle are in bad shape. The orange on the steel has faded to a very light orange, the Dolphins logo is barely visible and rust is visible. There is a mismatch of cupholders throughout the stadium because of vandalism and wear + tear.

When they replace the seating, it would be a smart decision to stay with orange. Every other color is going to be ravaged by the sun.

Here is a picture of my former seat from last night, haha.

311921_237452826302512_100001133900568_598420_1821905715_n.jpg

sweet, thanks that answered all my questions right there! Theyre definetly older than I thought they were. I think the orange is something different and pretty cool compared to other stadiums plain blue or green (besides heinz field of course).

spacer.png

spacer.png

doesn't make it okay for Loria to just up and change the team's look based on his personal tastes, without even considering the fans who do show up, who do care, who've been buying tickets and merch from his business for the last 8 seasons, and who've been here longer then him.

Yes, it does.

And not just because he's the owner, but because there aren't enough fans to object. He needs to take action to increase the fanbase into something that can support a Major League Baseball club. Rebranding is often an important part of that.

Fishheatcats might have a point if Loria wasn't one of the most soulless, rotten people in all of sports. He doesn't owe nobody nothin'.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

has anyone sat in the seats at sunlife/pro player/dolphin/joe robbie etc. stadium? im wondering if theyre still in good condition/big enough still, because i think they should keep the orange seats, they reallly cool

Those seats are horrible, for a baseball game you stare into the outfield and have to crank your neck, and there's so little space between rows that if your not careful you can knock the guys head off in front of you with a knee.

Those seats all need to come up, and then renovate the dump.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Is it bad if the first thing I thought of when I saw that pic was a really high quality Grand Theft Auto: Vice City screenshot?

No, that looks like the beach right across from the hotel where you start the game. I loved going on the beach and running down innocent bystanders with a tank.

Vice City is such an awesome game. The cars were amazing. San Andreas was good too. They all went downhill from those two, to being only "really, really good games" rather than "spectacular" games.

spacer.png

has anyone sat in the seats at sunlife/pro player/dolphin/joe robbie etc. stadium? im wondering if theyre still in good condition/big enough still, because i think they should keep the orange seats, they reallly cool

Those seats are horrible, for a baseball game you stare into the outfield and have to crank your neck, and there's so little space between rows that if your not careful you can knock the guys head off in front of you with a knee.

Those seats all need to come up, and then renovate the dump.

Gah I hate having to turn your neck the whole game. The Marlins low-A team the Grasshoppers have an awesome stadium but the seats down the line point out to the outfield. Awesome seats other then having to turn your neck.

About the uniforms from the opinion of a Marlins fan. As i have said on other forums, when the management said they were getting rid of teal, I hated the idea at first. I finally came to accept it and understand what they were trying to accomplish. When the leak happened, my worst fears came true. I hated the combination of colors and the logo but i have slowly started to turn around. I feel that once we see the actually physical logo on the jerseys and hats, the whole identity will really pop. The leaked image makes the colors look kind of flat. I really think that the finished product will look better than the leak.

Archived