College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kent State has an UGLY half helmet . regular logo on one side and i cant even tell what they have on the other side ; (EDIT: nevermind its just stickers on the back half of one side on everybody. looks tacky)

Rutgers in Chrome with Red R, Red stripes, Red Jer-Red Pants

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Look at that eye. I think he has been hanging out with the honey badger.

potd.png

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

155499_430064387042411_338616088_n.jpg

I don't really like the logo, but this helmet proves that chrome can look good with an actual logo on the helmet.

you dont like Rutgers? or would you not count the scratched back as chrome ?

I forgot about Rutgers...thanks for reminding about that beautiful helmet.

I wouldn't consider those chrome, they're more reminiscent of nd's

Another new OK State helmet this week.a6o9ydsceaaasho.jpg

2011-J-B.png

2011-P-B.png

This is a sharp looking uniform even if it is BFBS.

I don't really like the logo, but this helmet proves that chrome can look good with an actual logo on the helmet.

you dont like Rutgers? or would you not count the scratched back as chrome ?

I forgot about Rutgers...thanks for reminding about that beautiful helmet.

I wouldn't consider those chrome, they're more reminiscent of nd's

I believe you you right now that I seen them on TV.

spacer.png

ASU Today

564784_10151087623556854_1478758098_n.jpg

At least ASU's helmet logos are yellow, but this is the main reason I've come to generally despise BFBS--it muddles up a team's identity. The Sun Devils have one of the most unique color schemes in CFB, and with as much as they wear black, they essentially become just another Black/Yellow team.

2011-J-B.png

2011-P-B.png

You know, this isn't BFBS to me--black is a color of Oklahoma State. Same with Oregon State, Georgia, etc. To me, BFBS is when a team wears black just for the hell of wearing black, when their other uniforms have little or no trace of it. Teams like BYU a couple of weeks ago, Arizona State, Temple (last week, I think?), Boise State, Ohio, etc.

You could argue that teams like Oregon and Utah also do BFBS, but wearing a different uniform combination every week that may or may not be (or even have) a school color has become Oregon's thing, and Utah has had black as an unofficial color for a few years now. Even then, Utah has limited their use of black by only wearing the black uniforms once a year.*

*Despite the fact that Utah now has black helmets.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

oh jesus

ASU Today

564784_10151087623556854_1478758098_n.jpg

At least ASU's helmet logos are yellow, but this is the main reason I've come to generally despise BFBS--it muddles up a team's identity. The Sun Devils have one of the most unique color schemes in CFB, and with as much as they wear black, they essentially become just another Black/Yellow team.

2011-J-B.png

2011-P-B.png

You know, this isn't BFBS to me--black is a color of Oklahoma State. Same with Oregon State, Georgia, etc. To me, BFBS is when a team wears black just for the hell of wearing black, when their other uniforms have little or no trace of it. Teams like BYU a couple of weeks ago, Arizona State, Temple (last week, I think?), Boise State, Ohio, etc.

You could argue that teams like Oregon and Utah also do BFBS, but wearing a different uniform combination every week that may or may not be (or even have) a school color has become Oregon's thing, and Utah has had black as an unofficial color for a few years now. Even then, Utah has limited their use of black by only wearing the black uniforms once a year.*

*Despite the fact that Utah now has black helmets.

yea im not seeing how thats BFBS, its part of their identity. they wear a piece of black on the regular. same for ASU and Oregon

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Few recaps from today:

Carolina: Holy hell, that chrome helmet. What an embarrassment. Not only is it WAAAAAAAAAAAY out of the feel of Carolina's uniforms as a whole, they decide to use the foot logo that i'm almost sure isn't anywhere in the Athletic program, let alone the football program? Despite the outcome of the game that Carolina fans will associate these helmets with, if we never saw these things again, i'd be one happy Heels fan.

Louisville's White Helmet: Perfect example of how to DESTROY a logo's integrity. Flipping what's meant to be darker areas and making them white is just atrocious. Anyone who has made a "ways not to use a logo" page on any style guide just cringes at the site of that helmet. Flip the red and white areas of the logo, and you'd have a beautiful helmet.

Oklahoma State's Pistol Pete: Fantastic, love it. The negative space in the logo, especially the hat yeild to it being not too "harsh" on the helmet, but overall, it looks fantastic...

I wish Florida and Georgia would play color-vs-color. That game would look so good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived