College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And can I just say, if you take the N-Cat logo and fix only the eye and the snout (leave the head shape and the teeth/mouth but the eye and snout could admittedly use some work) that that's a pretty darn good logo. I mean, sure it's not BHawks Indian head or [insert your "perfectly timeless" logo], but the general shape and design isn't fatally flawed, is it?

Or am I just biased?

I don't really know, but none of this talk has been about the merits of the logo itself. I don't mind the logo in any way. It's an old logo. It looks like an old logo. It's average. Could be better, could be worse. The whole issue is with how they treated it on the helmet, effectively ruining the light/dark relationship and outlining all the shapes with silver. Whatver semblance of quality the logo did have is completely missing from that helmet. Whether the logo was an A+ or a C+ before, it's an F on that helmet because of how they depicted it.

Regarding the reversed logo on the old jersey, that was likely before universities began taking licensing and consistent usage of their marks as seriously as they do now. Departments at universities are given the same guidelines for logo and type usage that licensees are and they are expected to follow them, but things that are done internally sometimes don't ever go through the formal approval processes through which the licensees submit their product.

And can I just say, if you take the N-Cat logo and fix only the eye and the snout (leave the head shape and the teeth/mouth but the eye and snout could admittedly use some work) that that's a pretty darn good logo. I mean, sure it's not BHawks Indian head or [insert your "perfectly timeless" logo], but the general shape and design isn't fatally flawed, is it?

Or am I just biased?

i would just say you're biased, lol. really, it was not created by a skilled artist. i totally understand your sentimental connection to it, but this is not a logo that gives the impression of a high quality, respectable college. below is an example of what a good cat logo can be

AkgxftNCAAAt0tw.png

No disrespect intended but in no way do I think that logo is good enough for an NFL team or a college team. As an update to the Panthers logo, no thanks, I'll take the real updated logo over this anyday. I don't know how to describe why I don't like this and it appears I'm probably in the extreme minority in this opinion but I would have been pissed if this were rolled out as the new logo.

You're definitely in the minority, but I agree with you to a certain extent. While I recognize the supreme craftsmanship and illustration skill present here, it just doesn't fit my fancy for a logo. It's too cartoony for me. Vintage-cartoony has a charm to it, but serious/modern-cartoony just doesn't work for me in a brand. The Panthers actual updated logo, however, lacks all the good traits this one has, and I would have much preferred this one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That would make sense. It always seems like Oregon wears all-black for the really big-time games. Didn't they wear all-black against USC last year?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh joy...more chrome

A6EVQgXCMAAP4Ud.jpg

WTH are these ugly a$$ monstrosities? It's bad enough that our football team and coach suck, but now these. Hell no!

You know you are at the end of your coaching career when you pull out the UP YOUR ASS helmets.

Please Lord Baby Jesus tell me this AIN'T REAL!!!!!!!!

OHHHHHHH MMYYYYYYYYY EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Well it says it was posted by Andre Woodson, who I believe is back there as a graduate assistant, so dont know if that possibly adds to the chances of it being real. Plus it says the caption says "What do you.....", so I'm guessing it was "what do you think" possibly suggesting they're just protocols. This is just me thinking out loud though, probably just trying to find any reason to tell myself they're not real.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Oh joy...more chrome

A6EVQgXCMAAP4Ud.jpg

WTH are these ugly a$$ monstrosities? It's bad enough that our football team and coach suck, but now these. Hell no!

You know you are at the end of your coaching career when you pull out the UP YOUR ASS helmets.

Please Lord Baby Jesus tell me this AIN'T REAL!!!!!!!!

OHHHHHHH MMYYYYYYYYY EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

I have two wishes for the Wildcats this season; 1) These helmets are not real and 2) They Fire Joker!

spacer.png

Oh joy...more chrome

Comic Sans :o

Windows. Internet Explorer. oh the humanity!

points for "adam sandler snl" though

Haha I just pulled the pic off of twitter. I wish I was cool enough to use internet explorer! Actually I probably will when I get windows 8 next week

This week isn't much of a big game, though. It is homecoming, but they are playing Colorado, one of the worst FBS teams around.

It's next week they play USC, and that one's in LA.

Oregon is going all-white in that game

What is going on with the blue helmet?

woodson-helmets.jpg

The white one looks like a watermelon the way the lines are. And I don't even understand what's up with the blue one.

Lol I was trying to figure it out and you hit it right on the head! It looks like those little gumball watermelons!

Archived