College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the Northwestern helmets in action and couldn't tell what the logo was. Seeing the close-up, I'm not a fan of those at all. They would have looked much better going purple/black/purple instead of the all-black look.

Those OK State helmets are awesome.

Michigan State should have gone with a flat sticker for their logo on that helmet. The chrome green isn't horrible, but you can't see the logo at all.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

A5rHeMhCEAAeW7R.jpg

Northwestern - awesome

Hate this look for NW because their regular helmet is great, but might be a sweet look for the Carolina panthers if they ever wanted to change up their helmets.

ya just add the light blue and you have the panthers next helmets

spacer.png

i'm watching MU/MSU and the spartan's helemts look so out of place. the jersey is dark green and then you have a shiny light green. its on Big Ten Net. right now.

If they had used a green closer to the helmets shade or a jersey with white sleeves they would work much better

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

i'm watching MU/MSU and the spartan's helemts look so out of place. the jersey is dark green and then you have a shiny light green. its on Big Ten Net. right now.

If they had used a green closer to the helmets shade or a jersey with white sleeves they would work much better

i know. everything just looks to mismatched.

spacer.png

If they had used a green closer to the helmets shade or a jersey with white sleeves they would work much better. I also noticed Michigan has different serifs for their 5's. Wondering if they mixed and matched last year's unis with this year's.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

A5rHeMhCEAAeW7R.jpg

Northwestern - awesome

This should be the first slide in a presentation titled, "How to completely screw up a logo: A guide for graphic designers."

958_427493427299507_1818991535_n.jpg

This is the problem. Standing alone, the helmet looks great. The subtlety of the chrome logo on the green chrom helmet is really engaging and pretty, but pop it on a uniform, and there's no part of the uniform to make the chrome finish on the helmet look like it's a part of the uniform. They need some chrome outlines on the numbers or chrome stripes on the jersey. Maybe some green and silver chrome finish shoes to coordinate with the lid.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

So is Nike just skipping pro combats this season? If not its really weird that they are waiting so long to show them off. Usually they have a team wearing them in week 1.

The Pro Combat Rivalry program is over. They're not doing it anymore since so many teams are wearing their newest templates nowadays. The PCR program was a way for Nike to show off their new templates. They don't need a special event to do that anymore.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So is Nike just skipping pro combats this season? If not its really weird that they are waiting so long to show them off. Usually they have a team wearing them in week 1.

The Pro Combat Rivalry program is over. They're not doing it anymore since so many teams are wearing their newest templates nowadays. The PCR program was a way for Nike to show off their new templates. They don't need a special event to do that anymore.

I'm sure there will come a time when the PC template becomes outdated and Nike needs a way to introduce newer models. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like it return in a few years.

I also noticed Michigan has different serifs for their 5's. Wondering if they mixed and matched last year's unis with this year's.

This was the problem last year as well. You'll notice some players have M logos on the back above the names, too. Drew Dileo is the most notable with his.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

The funny thing with Boise State is this is not necessarily BFBS.

They can't wear all-blue at home, so they now have an excuse for every garment they wear...even though orange pants actually clears the set. So...the grey and black is still kind of dumb.

I will say, I like the look though. Maybe it's because I like the combination of black, blue and orange. Even liked it with the Mets and Knicks. #unpopularopinions

Archived