College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virginia Tech should stay as close to traditional uniforms as possible because they have unique colors and will never be mistaken for anyone else. Leave the side-panels and piping to all the red & white or black & yellow schools.

Well, if that's the case, these have more tradition than the crap they wear now:

354364_display_image.jpg?1282145028

6213ce44d46adf99c2eb54f7dcf378a253fb2f8f.jpg?x=304&y=450&sig=a38ce790bb5dd915ccc54f0e5c869ef0

One of the best sets they've ever worn. I have a signed Jim Druckenmiller VT mini helmet (with stripes) just because I liked the helmet. There's no way anyone can tell me the home uniform isn't a great looking football uniform.

Vick era much better than these, that split stripe and white facemask are downright ugly.

msuchrome.jpg

If they really felt the need to go chrome, I think they still should have went with a standard white sticker for the logo.

That looks :censored:ing horrible!

I think this answers the UNC uniforms for saturdayA5lcHZbCQAAwC_4.jpg

This is going to look great on the field.

spacer.png

Don't like the Michigan State helmet, green just doesn't look good in chrome. Matte would've looked better.

State really shoulda just gone with a regular white mask/decals. Anyone know if they have a special uniform planned?

Agreed, and god I hope not. Found a matte one on Google, this would have been infinitely better.

msufootballhelmet_side_web.jpg

heres arizona states helmet

20121018_mjr_su5_212.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Just awful.

Seconded. There was no need to make ASU's helmet logo black; it was fine being yellow. Hopefully being blown out by Oregon will lead the Sun Devils to avoid using it. It probably won't, but it should.

As for ASU's blackout uniforms themselves, it'd be nice to see a way for them to fit in some burgundy (if they get kept around). Don't get me wrong, as long as they remain alternates, I can live with them; however, I'm rarely a fan of alternate uniforms that:

1. Have a primary color (in ASU's case, black) that isn't found anywhere on the regular jerseys, and
  2. Practically eliminates one or more of the school's colors (in this case, burgundy).

However, I love the gradiented Yellow/White numerals on the black uniforms, though they could easily be transferred to the burgundy uniforms. A smidgeon of black could be kept around as trim, thus leading to gradiented Burgundy/Black numerals on a white and/or even yellow alternate. Arizona State has one of the most distinctive colors in college sports; there's no need to push that aside in order to essentially become a Black/Yellow team for a night (or use it more often by mixing it with non-continuously-colored helmets and pants).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

heres arizona states helmet

20121018_mjr_su5_212.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Just awful.

Seconded. There was no need to make ASU's helmet logo black; it was fine being yellow. Hopefully being blown out by Oregon will lead the Sun Devils to avoid using it. It probably won't, but it should.

As for ASU's blackout uniforms themselves, it'd be nice to see a way for them to fit in some burgundy (if they get kept around). Don't get me wrong, as long as they remain alternates, I can live with them; however, I'm rarely a fan of alternate uniforms that:

1. Have a primary color (in ASU's case, black) that isn't found anywhere on the regular jerseys, and
  2. Practically eliminates one or more of the school's colors (in this case, burgundy).

However, I love the gradiented Yellow/White numerals on the black uniforms, though they could easily be transferred to the burgundy uniforms. A smidgeon of black could be kept around as trim, thus leading to gradiented Burgundy/Black numerals on a white and/or even yellow alternate. Arizona State has one of the most distinctive colors in college sports; there's no need to push that aside in order to essentially become a Black/Yellow team for a night (or use it more often by mixing it with non-continuously-colored helmets and pants).

I hope asu donates those all black uniforms to goodwill after that 1st half ass-kicking...hopefully they will be too embarrassed to wear that getup for quite some time.

I think this answers the UNC uniforms for saturdayA5lcHZbCQAAwC_4.jpg

This is going to look great on the field.

K-State had that same collar and cuff design a couple of years ago. I disliked it on them and I dislike it on UNC. Also, hate those pant stripes. What an eyesore.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Oregon needs to fix that number color ASAP and make it more consistent. Oregon shouldn't have red on their uniforms under any circumstance, even if it's just because of the lighting angle.

It's brown...like a duck...

mallard_duck.jpg

That would be cool if their mascot was a mallard, but it's a plain old white duck.

Oregon needs to fix that number color ASAP and make it more consistent. Oregon shouldn't have red on their uniforms under any circumstance, even if it's just because of the lighting angle.

It's brown...like a duck...

mallard_duck.jpg

That would be cool if their mascot was a mallard, but it's a plain old white duck.

ah, the plain old white duck (Plainodus Duckus) native to the Pacific Northwest of the US whose diet consist of plain old nuts and berries, and makes its home from plain old twigs

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived