2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Princeton Offense idea just proved to be completely ill-conceived, especially when it completely handcuffed Nash.

Rumor going around is that they're looking to bring in D'Antoni. Hopefully this happens today or tomorrow, because I have tickets for Sunday B)

Just read from Ric Bucher on twitter that D'Antoni just had knee surgery and is sidelined for 6 weeks, so that's not an option right now apparently.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Princeton Offense idea just proved to be completely ill-conceived, especially when it completely handcuffed Nash.

Rumor going around is that they're looking to bring in D'Antoni. Hopefully this happens today or tomorrow, because I have tickets for Sunday B)

Just read from Ric Bucher on twitter that D'Antoni just had knee surgery and is sidelined for 6 weeks, so that's not an option right now apparently.

How about Sloan?

I have not really watched the Lakers in depth this season but can someone please tell me what is going on with them? Is the chemistry really that bad that they can not get used to the system as well or is just almost all Mike Brown's fault?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I just find it hilarious that a team with all that Veteran talent, can only win once in five bloody games into a season. Mike Brown becomes a scapegoat. It's not like he's coaching a bunch of young players that haven't been around the block a few times, the Lakers have 3, maybe 4 hall of famers in their starting five (when healthy) This isn't Brown's fault, its the players not playing to their potential,or it goes to show that no matter how talented you are, even in the NBA, you need a decent head coach. I still don't know what Erik Spolstra is for that matter. Oh, that's right. He's GOT DA KING!!!11!

Also if you want to believe some numbers, only 5 teams have made the NBA Finals that started 1-4 (Doubt none of them fired their coach), none of them won the championship. ESPN is good for something, sometimes.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I just find it hilarious that a team with all that Veteran talent, can only win once in five bloody games into a season. Mike Brown becomes a scapegoat. It's not like he's coaching a bunch of young players that haven't been around the block a few times, the Lakers have 3, maybe 4 hall of famers in their starting five (when healthy) This isn't Brown's fault, its the players not playing to their potential,or it goes to show that no matter how talented you are, even in the NBA, you need a decent head coach. I still don't know what Erik Spolstra is for that matter. Oh, that's right. He's GOT DA KING!!!11!

Also if you want to believe some numbers, only 5 teams have made the NBA Finals that started 1-4 (Doubt none of them fired their coach), none of them won the championship. ESPN is good for something, sometimes.

The bolded part is likely one of the biggest questions I have about Jerry Sloan accepting any Lakers coaching job. He's a hard-nosed, no-BS coach that has primarily coached players from the bottom up--unlike Phil Jackson, who has had (generally) coached already developed and/or talented players. I could see a major clash of egos between Sloan and Kobe (and possibly Howard and Nash) if Jerry accepts the Lakers position.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Bye-bye Mike Brown.

Is that a record for quickest hook once the season started?

-------------------------------------------

Wouldn't Sloan coaching the Lakers be one of those triggers of the apocalypse? Given Utah's purported rivalry with the Lakers and all that....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Mike Brown shouldn't have been hired in the first place. Wasn't this one of the Busslings trying to make his mark on the organization by ignoring heir-apparent Brian Shaw and doing his own thing? His own dumb thing. The guy exudes "mentally outmatched" from his pores.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It had better not be Phil Jackson. I'm sick of that guy just coming and going whenever he pleases. Would love to see him try his hand that's NOT loaded with all-stars and Hall of Famers. (never happening.)

6uXNWAo.png

Archived