2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It had better not Phil Jackson. I'm sick of that guy just coming and going whenever he pleases. Would love to see him try his hand that's NOT loaded with all-stars and Hall of Famers. (never happening.)

This. Also, the fact that he's apparently the only coach in the world that Kobe will somewhat respect is a huge joke.

That being said, Adrian Woj has Mike D'Antoni pegged as the favorite, and he's the most accurate source for NBA news.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It had better not Phil Jackson. I'm sick of that guy just coming and going whenever he pleases. Would love to see him try his hand that's NOT loaded with all-stars and Hall of Famers. (never happening.)

Why should he waste his time? He's an old guy who doesn't want to fool around with scrub teams. Fine with me.

Eleven championships are fine and all, and sure you could argue that the all-time greats were molded into all-time greats under his tutelage, and maybe I'll even allow that it takes an elite coach to install and run a triangle offense, but I won't be impressed with Phil Jackson until he can take a well-rounded team of roleplayers to the second round of the playoffs.

*folds arms*

*grins smugly*

*is retarded*

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Eleven championships are fine and all, and sure you could argue that the all-time greats were molded into all-time greats under his tutelage, and maybe I'll even allow that it takes an elite coach to install and run a triangle offense, but I won't be impressed with Phil Jackson until he can take a well-rounded team of roleplayers to the second round of the playoffs.

*folds arms*

gif-arms-crossed-gif.gif

*grins smugly*

2Nw8J.gif

*is retarded*

Kristen+Stewart.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That caught me off guard, to say the least. It's surprising to me that the Lakers pulled the plug on Brown so quickly, but it also surprised me that the Lakers hired him in the first place. I'm completely stunned at the idea of Phil being in the head coaching hunt. However, if there is a coach that can maximize the talent on the Lakers roster, it's the Zen Master himself.

To the people who still don't believe that Phil can take a bad team to the post-season, I point them in the direction of the 2005-2007 Lakers. Those were some terrible, terrible teams.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

To the people who still don't believe that Phil can take a bad team to the post-season, I point them in the direction of the 2005-2007 Lakers. Those were some terrible, terrible teams.

Yeah, those Laker teams weren't great, but they had Kobe Freaking Bryant/ With or without Phil, any squad led by Kobe is going to make the playoffs.

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah, those Laker teams weren't great, but they had Kobe Freaking Bryant/ With or without Phil, any squad led by Kobe is going to make the playoffs.

Then how do you explain the Lakers not making the playoffs in the 04-05 season?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Reports say Phil Jackson would be willing to re-join the Lakers, so long as he doesn't have to travel and run practices with the team...... :blink: :blink:

The fact that the Laker front office is even considering taking Phil up on that offer just shows you how desperate they are to get the Zen Master back. And desperate is the appropriate word because if any coaching candidate said made those demands, they would never be interviewed again.

Phil Jackson knows the Lakers need him way more then Phil Jackson needs the Lakers and is he is going to exploit that fact to the fullest if the Lakers hire him. I'm only doing work I feel comfortable doing, your going to pay me, and I'm going to have unquestioned power over the organization for as long as I'm here.

I don't know if you will ever see a coaching candidate in major professional sports make those types of demands and actually be taken seriously again.

Interesting.....DeMarcus Cousins gets suspended 2 games for confronting Sean Elliott after the game on Friday. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20939193/nba-will-review-the-exchange-between-demarcus-cousins-and-sean-elliott. Which was the same amount as teammate Thomas Robinson after actually elbowing a Piston in the face. Does this qualify as OITGDNBA?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

THIS JUST IN: Reports are surfacing late Sunday night (via Twitter, so take it for what it's worth) that the Lakers have said "no thanks" to Phillip and his outrageous demands, and have instead agreed to terms with Mike D'antoni on a 4-year deal.

6uXNWAo.png

THIS JUST IN: Reports are surfacing late Sunday night (via Twitter, so take it for what it's worth) that the Lakers have said "no thanks" to Phillip and his outrageous demands, and have instead agreed to terms with Mike D'antoni on a 4-year deal.

A 4 YEAR deal?!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

A 4 YEAR deal?!

I'd rather give in to a 4-year deal with D'Antoni than to Phil's insane list of demands. Who knows what the hell he was asking for!!

6uXNWAo.png

And it's now been confirmed in numerous places. Mike D'Antoni is the next coach of the Lakers.

Love the hire. He's not Phil, but he's a fantastic alternative. Knows how to handle Nash and has a great rapport with Kobe.

Can't wait until this whole thing gets fully integrated.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

A 4 YEAR deal?!

I'd rather give in to a 4-year deal with D'Antoni than to Phil's insane list of demands. Who knows what the hell he was asking for!!

Considering it was a phone interview with a coach who can't be involved w/ the team until sometime in December, they must really be willing to ignore him going 121-167 in NY.

twitter

A 4 YEAR deal?!

Considering it was a phone interview with a coach who can't be involved w/ the team until sometime in December, they must really be willing to ignore him going 121-167 in NY.

Okay, I'm missing the whole part about him not being available until Decemeber..... But regardless of how miserable D'Antoni was in New York, he and Steve Nash went 232-96 in their four full years together in Phoenix. While we all know Nash is not the same player as he was 6-8 years ago, you still have to factor in the success the combo had with the Suns.

6uXNWAo.png

If Mike D'Antoni is the hire...will Nate McMillian be an assistant? Both of them were the NBA coaches on the USA National Basketball team staff since the 2006 team. FYI, the 2006 team had Howard, Jamison and soon to be FA Chris Paul.

Nate McMillian is just at .500 coach now, but he seems to be a guy who could be a "players coach" with a slightly better pedigree.

Okay, I'm missing the whole part about him not being available until Decemeber..... But regardless of how miserable D'Antoni was in New York, he and Steve Nash went 232-96 in their four full years together in Phoenix. While we all know Nash is not the same player as he was 6-8 years ago, you still have to factor in the success the combo had with the Suns.

I thought I read in an article that he was undergoing knee surgery and wouldn't be able to man the sideline for awhile, but now that article has abandoned me. I may have misread it. If so, my mistake.

The major thing for D'Antoni isn't, in my eyes, Team Chemistry so much as making Dwight Howard into a committed non-insufferable prick, which I suppose in turn will help team chemistry.

twitter

Archived