2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nets win the first battle of NY in overtime over the Knicks. The NBA wants this to become a rivalry so badly, but its just not gonna happen. They play each other once in the last 56 games, and to be honest neither team is relevant enough yet. As for the Nets, they could not scare me any less. With Kidd in the lineup the Knicks can beat them easily, and in a seven game series it wouldn't even be close. This team still lost to Miami by 30 a few weeks ago.

By the way, if anyone wants to get a good laugh, search something like "Nets" or "Brooklyn" on Twitter right now. You'll see all of the Nets "fans" reacting to the biggest win their franchise has had in the last 10 years.

Nets win the first battle of NY in overtime over the Knicks. The NBA wants this to become a rivalry so badly, but its just not gonna happen. They play each other once in the last 56 games, and to be honest neither team is relevant enough yet. As for the Nets, they could not scare me any less. With Kidd in the lineup the Knicks can beat them easily, and in a seven game series it wouldn't even be close. This team still lost to Miami by 30 a few weeks ago.

By the way, if anyone wants to get a good laugh, search something like "Nets" or "Brooklyn" on Twitter right now. You'll see all of the Nets "fans" reacting to the biggest win their franchise has had in the last 10 years.

Their fans should be happy. They just won a big overtime game against their nemesis from across town (both teams fans hate the other team badly) in the first ever game against them. We would be happy too if Carmelo would have hit his free throws and/or Felton did not stink up the place.

As for that loss against Miami a few weeks ago a team is allowed to have a bad game. The Knicks got their asses whooped by the Rockets recently, it happens.

Congrats to their fans.

Btw: Wtf Charlotte? That is a score I expect to see from a Team USA game against Angola.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The Wizards are 0-11... wait 12 maybe? I'm already losing track. Wall is counting down the days til he can leave I'm sure, rightfully so.

Who should I be getting my hopes up for with the #1 pick (only to have them shattered)? Nerlens Noel? Is Zeller a legit can't miss NBA prospect?

The college season has just started so I really can't say this with complete certainty, but are there really any can't miss prospects in college this year? I know that Noel will be good, and Muhammad on UCLA will probably be a good NBA player, but besides that is there really anyone that catches your eye? Like it's safe to say that the last five years we've had definite guys in college that would be the first pick with Davis, Irving, D-Rose, Griffin, and John Wall. Can you really say that about anyone this year?

The college season has just started so I really can't say this with complete certainty, but are there really any can't miss prospects in college this year? I know that Noel will be good, and Muhammad on UCLA will probably be a good NBA player, but besides that is there really anyone that catches your eye? Like it's safe to say that the last five years we've had definite guys in college that would be the first pick with Davis, Irving, D-Rose, Griffin, and John Wall. Can you really say that about anyone this year?

The guy who played 11 college games? Not really. Davis was no where near the first pick at this time last year, same with Wall. We won't have a clear idea on who will be number 1 for a while, but early mocks say Muhammad.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The guy who played 11 college games? Not really. Davis was no where near the first pick at this time last year, same with Wall. We won't have a clear idea on who will be number 1 for a while, but early mocks say Muhammad.

The big three names that are being tossed around are Muhammad, Noel and Zeller.

I think its going to be either Muhammad or Noel going number one. I look Zeller as a Andrew Bogut/Andrea Bargnani type player. If your looking for a solid big man you can plug in from day one and not have to worry about that position for the next ten years, he's your guy. Problem is that's generally not what you look for in a number one pick, and its not a coincidence that both of those guys went #1 in weak drafts, which some people have this projected as being.

But if your looking for a franchise type player though, I think you would be better off with either Muhammad or Noel and ultimately I think that's where whoever has the number one pick will turn to.

I would also keep your eyes on James McAdoo. He could wind up sneaking into the conversation if he has a big year.

I know fans are going to be homers, but them booing Rondo's ejection was pointless. He earned it. Shut up.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Andrew Bogut is out for who knows how long.

http://espn.go.com/n...ry-indefinitely

How's that Monta Ellis deal working out for the Warriors so far? They traded him away for let's see, a guy who's played four games for them thus far, an ancient Richard Jefferson and some guy name Fesuts.

The Warriors are playing better this year in their second year under Mark Jackson, but that trade is not the reason.

Resting players is one thing; separating them from the team is another. I understand why the Spurs do it, but it's a bad product to sell.

Resting by staying or being sent home is different from resting while being with the team on the road. You don't have to board a flight or sleep in a hotel; you're at home in your own bed. It's psychological.

Archived