2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

Good lord, D'Antoni is possibly the worst coach the Lakers could have chosen for that group of personnel. We saw how "great" Melo fit into that offense, can't imagine Kobe would do any better. Plus, their starting lineup besides Dwight is all in their mid-to-late 30's, and they're going to be asked to run the floor now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just like how the Lakers are denying that Phil's demands had anything to do with them not hiring him. And I actually like Mike D'Antoni and think he can do a very good job with that team. But to say with both of these guys working at 100% effort Mike D'Antoni is the better choice then Phil Jackson is just ridiculous and that's the argument the Lakers are trying to make.

If any other coach had made those demands, they wouldn't have even been given an interview. That's how willing and desperate the Lakers were to work with Phil Jackson and it looked like Phil was going to get exactly what he wanted, but the Lakers apparently got cold feet to the idea at the last second, which is perfectly justifiable and reasonable given how much Phil Jackson was asking for. But don't tell me this decision was made completely indepedent of Phil Jackson's demands and that if he was in better health and/or took those demands off the table, the Lakers would have even given consideration to another coach, let alone hire him.

In similar fashion to the St. Louis Rams and the Robert Griffin III race... does any member of the board, on behalf of their City and/or team, want to make their one-time, best offer for the services of Anderson Varejao? He's under contract for the rest of this year, and the 2 following years. I'll throw in Luke Walton or Omri Caspi.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The Bobcats are above .500!

Time to order that banner..... :winner:

The hype around MKG leading up to the draft was that he was a hard worker and natural leader, and it's shown. The Bobcats have improved immensely because of MKG, and also Kemba Walker's improvement. Probably not a playoff team still, but they won't be anywhere near as awful as last year.

xLmjWVv.png

The hype around MKG leading up to the draft was that he was a hard worker and natural leader, and it's shown. The Bobcats have improved immensely because of MKG, and also Kemba Walker's improvement. Probably not a playoff team still, but they won't be anywhere near as awful as last year.

The East might be pretty thin this year. I can see them sneaking in. Good for the fans. I feel bad for just about any franchise when they suck for so long,

U serious, Bynum?

andrew-bynum-brushed-hair.jpg

That's amazing. I want so bad for Andrew Bynum to be a latter-day Moses Malone. He's definitely on his way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The East might be pretty thin this year. I can see them sneaking in. Good for the fans. I feel bad for just about any franchise when they suck for so long,

That's not good if you're the Bobcats. The worse thing you can do while trying to rebuild is sneak into the playoffs. It gets you out of the lottery, so you can't really add talent. Plus this draft class is pretty weak.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The Clippers are officially atop the Western Conference! I've never been prouder as a Clipper fan. This team has the look of a true contender so far.

The Clippers have a solid team there is only one question mark and its name is Vinnie

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Went and saw the Hornets vs. Knicks last night. Hornets looked terrible w/out Anthony Davis (and, of course, the malingering Eric "Just Chill" Gordon, who's acting like the second coming of Baron Davis).

The Knicks have this wacky line-up of "name" players who have been around the league; it makes them seem less like an all-star team and more like "The Island of Misfit Toys": 'Sheed Wallace, Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd, JR Smith, Ray Felton, Tyson Chandler, and of course 'Melo Anthony. But it seems to be working well for them.

Best line of the night from a fan behind me: "Dammit, Hornets, you let Rasheed Wallace outhustle you to the ball!? He's like 112 years old!!!"

It is what it is.

Eric Gordon really IS embarrassing at this point. Being injury-prone and pouting all the time is nothing new for him, that basically sums up his Clipper career too. It's sad, because if he could get his head right and stay healthy, he's really talented. He should be an elite 2-guard in the league right now.

I wonder if part of his act is due to jealousy of Anthony Davis' popularity. From what I've heard, in his last year as a Clipper, EJ was jealous of Blake Griffin being in the limelight.

Hornets are a tough team when healthy though. Monty Williams is totally being slept on as a coach, he's really good.

xLmjWVv.png

Archived