2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Boy, look at the content of the last few pages and those leaks feel like forever ago.

On another note, this is the Jags new FB cover photo.

jrenf4.jpg

Should we fear chrome gold?

That's what I noted last week. Chrome seems to be the team's theme. That could also be what the gray things on the leaked jersey's shoulder is

They can put chrome on the jersey?? That is going to look ridiculous.

Was talking more of what Oregon did in the past. Not chrome exactly, but to mimick the look of chrome to match the helmets

nike-football-pro-combat-university-oregon-ducks-rose-bowl-08-570x427.jpg

Go A's!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit, the new logo has quickly grown on me. While at first the illustration style just didn't look right, there's really nothing wrong with it...in fact, it's pretty flawless. Every time I've been exposed to it on a different platform it's become more legitimate in my eyes.

On the same note, the wordmark is absolutely awful. So blocky and unoriginal. I could have done better.

I like the wordmark, when used inside the shield secondary as I think it really gets across the military theme that logo is supposed to represent.. But as a standalone element, the entire wordmark is a horrid abortion of a thing.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

I'd hate it where it matters ... on the field.

I really am having a hard time warming up to the idea of any helmet other than black ... at least black based (the current color shift for example). Although I am pretty sure we are losing that with this shift to gold and the demotion of teal.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Dolphin is jumping in the table logo because management is referencing the 'hoops' they jump through for their players (soldiers, for those of you who love combat-inspired designs).

;)

I don't think the grey is anything more than a representation of a Hypercool-type material. NIke makes an undershirt for soccer that has an almost identical 'shift' in the shoulder area.

Jags helmet ideas: Matte black with big logo, chrome/black fade facemask OR Matte black with big logo, Anthracite facemask OR Chrome Gold/Liquid fade, 2-tone gold and 'liquid' mask a la Oregon/Georgia Pro Combat

Boy, look at the content of the last few pages and those leaks feel like forever ago.

On another note, this is the Jags new FB cover photo.

jrenf4.jpg

Should we fear chrome gold?

That's what I noted last week. Chrome seems to be the team's theme. That could also be what the gray things on the leaked jersey's shoulder is

They can put chrome on the jersey?? That is going to look ridiculous.

I'd imagine they could get chrome on a jersey if a team wanted it. The patches for the super bowl were chromed in a process that I'd imagine could apply to a jersey. It'd probably be uncomfortable, but I bet it could be done.

It'll make the players 1.2% slower and restrict movement by 3% so I don't think we'll see that any time soon.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

...well, this is just me being stupid but, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach a picture to my post...so...

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I did a little digging through my old issues of "Dolphin Digest". In Volume 25 Number 21 (dated Feb 1997) page 11 has a preview of the then-upcoming new logo along with a little write-up.

Again, since I can't figure out how to attach a pic of it I'll type in what it says...

"The Dolphins showed off their new logo and team uniforms in mid-January and the changes, as promised, were anything but radical. In fact, the team used the words 'modification' and 'modernization' to describe the new logo and team uniforms. The changes on the team logo involve a more prominent display of the sunburst, navy highlights to accentuate the dolphin's features and the elimination of the hashmarks around the sun's perimeter..."

...the paragraph then goes on to describe the unis and to quote then-owner Wayne Huizenga saying the change is an evolution rather than a revolution and some other stuff about the great tradition the Dolphins have established, yadda, yadda, yadda.

...so...sun, not hoop. :P

...at least that's what the owner in '97 thought.

If I ever figure out how to post the pic I'll put it up.

Upload it to a hosting site (Photobucket, imgur, tinypic) and then post it by copying the URL and putting it between (img) and (/img) tags, just with brackets not parentheses.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

So has anyone made up a concept/mockup with the new stuff we have seen so far?

new-dolphins-helmet-2013.jpg

590x590xBFuTQ5iCYAMCxQ8-590x590.png.pagespeed.ic.atmvvWePZM.png

Still a work in progress (and not at all what i think the real uniform will look like) but here's a little something I've been working on...

ZfQeMfp.jpg

Also tried to imagine what the rest of the Jags uniform might look like:

5plNeZY.jpg

Pretty new to photoshop, so go easy on me lol. And remember, Miami uni nowhere near complete. Still hav to do trimming/piping etc...

I like this Jags idea

k0n60Gj.png

floridastateseminoles_sig1.png

You have the rams in the wrong spot which invalidates all future opinions and posts. Goodbye.

Yes, Mein Führer. :rolleyes:

(Boy, some of you just went WAY off from what I was talking about...)

I wasn't serious. But the Rams logo is the godfather of all helmet logos.

Wasn't talking about the helmet. I was talking about THIS:

1029.gif

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

...well, this is just me being stupid but, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach a picture to my post...so...

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I did a little digging through my old issues of "Dolphin Digest". In Volume 25 Number 21 (dated Feb 1997) page 11 has a preview of the then-upcoming new logo along with a little write-up.

Again, since I can't figure out how to attach a pic of it I'll type in what it says...

"The Dolphins showed off their new logo and team uniforms in mid-January and the changes, as promised, were anything but radical. In fact, the team used the words 'modification' and 'modernization' to describe the new logo and team uniforms. The changes on the team logo involve a more prominent display of the sunburst, navy highlights to accentuate the dolphin's features and the elimination of the hashmarks around the sun's perimeter..."

...the paragraph then goes on to describe the unis and to quote then-owner Wayne Huizenga saying the change is an evolution rather than a revolution and some other stuff about the great tradition the Dolphins have established, yadda, yadda, yadda.

...so...sun, not hoop. :P

...at least that's what the owner in '97 thought.

If I ever figure out how to post the pic I'll put it up.

Fair enough, but they deserve some raspberries for the ambiguity and for having their poor dolphin jumping through the sun. Wait till PETA hears about that. ;-)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

http://twitter.com/U...3224449/photo/1

Checkout the shoulders on the Baylor uniforms. Maybe thats what the grey shoulders are in the Jags unis.

AND there's a chrome gold helmet. These possibilities are frightening.

If the helmet ends up being chrome gold .... I swear I am going to march my hiney down to the stadium and start flinging poo until it is changed.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Archived