2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I like facemasks that match the helmet color, so I am all for white on white and wished the colts would go back to it, always thought that was their best helmet look. maybe this signals the beginning of the end of gray for the sake gray facemasks. I hope anyway

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making the argument that all-white looks outstanding; although adding too much aqua, orange, and blue could actually be a deterrent. I'm sure they'll be fine...enough talented people get paid enough money to put out something horrible.

oregon-white-vapor-nike-uniforms-storm-trooper-usc-1.jpeg

OregonBRWhiteUniforms.jpg

hi-res-155409714_display_image.jpg?1354852053

oregon-ducks-storm-trooper-white-helmet-uniforms-vs-usc-football-109.jpg

oregon-ducks-storm-trooper-white-helmet-uniforms-vs-usc-football-22.jpg

Upon review of this last page I'm gonna say a white helmet with a white facemask works.

White helmets, white facemasks, white jerseys, white pants. That isn't a little much? Who the hell wants white as an identity, the one color everybody has.

Just curious. How do you feel about Jacksonville in black/black/black/black?

With nice jerseys it could look good, with the 09-12 set it sucked. Difference is not everybody uses black. Not gonna say it's unique, but its a far better identity than white.

All white can work. It worked pretty well in the past:

8a39151528a2adbf7a2622100a00e9c1.jpg

Yes, I know those facemasks are grey. I still think the point stands that a primarily white identity for Miami isn't that much of a reach.

So long as the jerseys don't stray too far from tradition, I think they're poised to have a pretty sharp looking set.

The first time someone called logo/uniform design "Stormtrooper clip art white for white's sake" was clever. Now it is unoriginal and a poor critique.

Anywho, the white mask on a white is a proven look in football. It won't make or break the look, and if it does "ruin it" that probably means they did a great job on the redesign.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

my prediction on the helmet

XpXDBtL.jpg

Re the backdrop, will they go Jacksonville and just have "Phins" as a jersey wordmark? If so, leading apostrophe or no?

Yeah, I'm kidding.

This is from the Miami Herald article on the new look:

===

I haven’t seen the uniform. But I’m told the color scheme going forward will be a throwback to the team’s roots. The aqua and orange somehow morphed over the years sometimes getting darker, sometimes lighter, sometimes even looking a bit turquoise or teal or even somewhere in the green family when none of that was the original intent.

Aqua and orange, folks.

Yes, with some white and some blue in the mix.

===

And...

===

The Dolphins recently took a liking to wearing their white on white uniforms almost exclusively. It used to be a strictly practical matter because playing in South Florida in the heat made wearing white on white cooler for the players and that was an advantage.

===

Apparently somebody thinks it's better in the heat.

It's worth noting that (as others have pointed out) the leaked pic could well be a t-shirt or some such. There's no telling what the unis may look like.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Making the argument that all-white looks outstanding; although adding too much aqua, orange, and blue could actually be a deterrent. I'm sure they'll be fine...enough talented people get paid enough money to put out something horrible.

oregon-white-vapor-nike-uniforms-storm-trooper-usc-1.jpeg

OregonBRWhiteUniforms.jpg

hi-res-155409714_display_image.jpg?1354852053

oregon-ducks-storm-trooper-white-helmet-uniforms-vs-usc-football-109.jpg

oregon-ducks-storm-trooper-white-helmet-uniforms-vs-usc-football-22.jpg

So, wait, is this Oregon uniform supposed to be an example of something not-horrible, or of something horrible. Because they are pretty fugly if you ask me.

Upon review of this last page I'm gonna say a white helmet with a white facemask works.

White helmets, white facemasks, white jerseys, white pants. That isn't a little much? Who the hell wants white as an identity, the one color everybody has.

Just curious. How do you feel about Jacksonville in black/black/black/black?

I'll answer this. It sucks.

Archived