2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I don't know if I like the direction into which the Dolphins are headed. It's as if they are trying so hard to find/create an identity that just does not scream Miami. I don't understand it, they had things going right until they added navy to the scheme, and since then, it's been downhill.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you all miss this bit in that article, about the angle of the dolphin:

The mascot will be parallel to the ground and seem to be flying through the orange sunburst, which is bigger now. The mascot on the old logos seemed to be leaping through the sunburst almost perpendicular to the ground.

It's written by Salguero. He's a hack. Never take anything he writes as the truth unless you've verified it with information from two other independent sources.

cttdolphins2.png

I know I'm in time out right now or whatever, but I am telling you right now, these are not legit. Jags uni has same font as Chargers... nobody else notice that? As for MIami, you all will be wishing it was that conservative...

I swear to God if time does not prove what I have said correct, I'll delete my account and you will never hear from me again.

Account deleting time.

I don't know if I like the direction into which the Dolphins are headed. It's as if they are trying so hard to find/create an identity that just does not scream Miami. I don't understand it, they had things going right until they added navy to the scheme, and since then, it's been downhill.

If you showed the new logo to somebody who hadn't heard of the fact that Miami is doing an identity change and asked them to name the team, that person would immediately say Miami Dolphins. So I don't agree that they're trying to find/create an identity, their identity is well established. Also, I don't agree that it's been downhill since the last update, you have nowhere to go but up when you move away from a logo that's been fed through a ditto machine a dozen times.

cttdolphins2.png

Helmet:

Qdz8t8R.jpg

okay here is a better pic of how I think the helmet will look like

Great work!!! I think if this is close to the final design, it's going to be a big win, at least in terms of the helmet, for the franchise. Great chopping skills!

Has anyone heard anything regarding the new wordmark? Past Dolphins wordmarks, in my personal opinion, was a major brand weakness. Anxious to see what they've come up with, along with the uniforms.

For those saying the sun is not symmetrical, allow me to present this:

6nnH2ZV.png

It still seems asymmetrical to me.

Let's say you turn it slightly. The rays to the right and left of the bottom middle ray are different lengths. And the spacing between rays seems inconsistent.

The first time someone called logo/uniform design "Stormtrooper clip art white for white's sake" was clever. Now it is unoriginal and a poor critique.

That's kind of an MOD EDIT pretentious thing to say. Maybe I've never heard anyone else previously use that terminology? Also, if it's a poor critique now, wouldn't it have been the first time you heard it too?

On a board that celebrates creativity, there sure is a dearth of it when it comes to vocabulary.

Furthermore, you have heard the term used before. Please.

It was funny the first time it was used, now any time a team rolls out a white helmet / white jersey / white pant combo they look like Star Wars characters? Forget about stripes, logos, numbers, etc. MOD EDIT

The Dolphins in all white works as an option. If the merchandising hammer really swings the hand, we will see all (presumably) three jerseys on the field this fall.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

FWIW - I have a well-placed source working in promotions at a local sports radio stations who can confirm that the Vikings are gettting new jerseys for 2013. It is anticipated that the unveiling could be a month-long drawn out process, perhaps with some small leaks / hints leading up to the expected unveiling at the Draft.

thats interesting. it was my own theory that the Viks might hold off on getting new uniforms as a push for a new stadium. a sort of "give us a new stadium and we'll have cool new unis" thing. either way im almost positive it will be a modern-retro design ala the Bills

I like the idea of living in a world where everyone cares so much about a teams uniforms that cool new ones will send them rushing out to vote for a new stadium. However, seems unlikely.

And moot, anyway. The stadium bill passed, supposedly opening in 2016.

It's not symmetrical even if the axis is rotated. Look at the points on the "equator" directly opposite one another (in other words where 3 and 9 would be on a clock). The left point is clearly slightly longer than the right one.

That doesn't mean it's bad though. The corona around the real sun is hardly symmetrical.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

FWIW - I have a well-placed source working in promotions at a local sports radio stations who can confirm that the Vikings are gettting new jerseys for 2013. It is anticipated that the unveiling could be a month-long drawn out process, perhaps with some small leaks / hints leading up to the expected unveiling at the Draft.

thats interesting. it was my own theory that the Viks might hold off on getting new uniforms as a push for a new stadium. a sort of "give us a new stadium and we'll have cool new unis" thing. either way im almost positive it will be a modern-retro design ala the Bills

I like the idea of living in a world where everyone cares so much about a teams uniforms that cool new ones will send them rushing out to vote for a new stadium. However, seems unlikely.

And moot, anyway. The stadium bill passed, supposedly opening in 2016.

ME TOO! lol, well it dosent matter now that its happening. i wasnt looking at it quite the same way though. a release of new uniforms and a tweaked logo would lead to a boost in merch sales. im not sure how the NFL is involved in that kind of thing, but i thought it would be an incentive for them to get it rolling, not one for fans or the city to vote on it.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

BGYz5vFCIAA9kvq.jpg

Wow, I really don't like the eye on the final version... HELLA LOOOOOOOOONG!

I initially thought that the navy around the eye was just supposed to be shading around the eye, but it turns out it is part of the pupil. Now all I see is the big, long cartoonish eye. Ugh.

Archived