2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Making the argument that all-white looks outstanding; although adding too much aqua, orange, and blue could actually be a deterrent. I'm sure they'll be fine...enough talented people get paid enough money to put out something horrible.

oregon-white-vapor-nike-uniforms-storm-trooper-usc-1.jpeg

The NFL has standards on uniforms and especially helmet and II don't think or hope this ugly mess will ever happen in the NFL.

I will miss the teal facemask.

I hate white facemasks on white helmets. HATE.

I could not agree more as it is a BORING look.

Upon review of this last page I'm gonna say a white helmet with a white facemask works.

White helmets, white facemasks, white jerseys, white pants. That isn't a little much? Who the hell wants white as an identity, the one color everybody has.

Just curious. How do you feel about Jacksonville in black/black/black/black?

I'll answer this. It sucks.

I will second that, it sucks!

spacer.png

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of the white facemask but could be worse it could be gray, anthracite, or chrome.

I feel as some of the other posts have said that the Aqua is such a beautiful color to not use it more is a shame.

Not usually a fan of the pants being a darker color than the helmet but I would like to have seen them bring back the aqua pants.

This is so much better than the first leak.

It looks pretty good I really think the sun could use a thicker ring to reduce the white space or even shrunk a little.

It does not look like an aquarium logo anymore at least in my opinion.

Of all places for the thing to show up...nfl.com! That's hilarious.

Still don't like the empty sightless eye. As as someone else cleverly pointed out, if the color at the front is a pupil they've got themselves a cross-eyed logo.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

My only real complaint is that I wish there were more symmetry in the sunburst. Seems randomly distributed. They could have made each side mirror the other. That was one thing I really liked about the old logo; the sunburst was great.

This. The logo is a HUGE improvement, but the sunburst looks goofy.

I'm also starting to think that was a t shirt and not a jersey. Nike likes to put a colored swoosh on colored shirts (I have a blue Bills shirt with a red swoosh on the sleeves). I don't see the Dolphins going that route with their jerseys.

spacer.png

so the white face mask on white helmet trend continues and now seeps into the NFL? i don't hate it, i actually like the look. it's very clean and because not many use it as a primary look now (no one in the NFL) it's unique and fresh. just kind of odd that this 80s looks has caught on so hot over the past 2 years. still not a fan of the logo, but im excited to see the whole package together and if it's true they're going back to the older colors this identity (minus the logo) has some great potential. but then so does the Seahawks and their uniforms came out garbage

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

so the white face mask on white helmet trend continues and now seeps into the NFL? i don't hate it, i actually like the look. it's very clean and because not many use it as a primary look now (no one in the NFL) it's unique and fresh. just kind of odd that this 80s looks has caught on so hot over the past 2 years. still not a fan of the logo, but im excited to see the whole package together and if it's true they're going back to the older colors this identity (minus the logo) has some great potential. but then so does the Seahawks and their uniforms came out garbage

I believe a white facemask only looks good on colored helmets. The Kansas City Chiefs look really good with a white facemask, while Cleveland would look outstanding in a white facemask....I am just glad that the team did not go with a gray facemask as that would have really blown. I am just a big fan of a colored facemasks (not including gray). Take Kentucky for instance, the blue helmet with white FM looks great, but the white helmet with white FM would look 10x better if the FM were blue.

spacer.png

FWIW - I have a well-placed source working in promotions at a local sports radio stations who can confirm that the Vikings are gettting new jerseys for 2013. It is anticipated that the unveiling could be a month-long drawn out process, perhaps with some small leaks / hints leading up to the expected unveiling at the Draft.

Not just garbage, hot garbage...piping hot. Like sonebody cooked it off in one of Ruth's Chris Steak House's convection ovens. Don't get much hotter than that.

As for this most current Dolphins leak, anybody get a screen grab of it? I can't open that link. /inphone

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If this is the FINAL logo, there are 2 things I don't like...

374x270xMiami-Dolphins-New-Logo-2013.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6pAZap1tUK.jpg

1. The sun is a mess. There is no symmetry to it. The sun spikes seem random and not consistently shape. While this is fine for an illustration, this is not good for a logo.

2. It looks like the tail is smaller than the original leak. While this does help the logo fit in more tight spaces, it also makes the dolphin's head and eye look disproportionately huge..

I guess I can get over these two minor points, but I really am confused by what they decided to do with the sun. The sun from the original leak was far superior.

EDIT: Also, the dolphin is a more aqua green than I thought it would be (or hoped it would be)

Can someone post a screen grab of the latest "leak"? I can't access links here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I believe a white facemask only looks good on colored helmets. The Kansas City Chiefs look really good with a white facemask, while Cleveland would look outstanding in a white facemask....I am just glad that the team did not go with a gray facemask as that would have really blown. I am just a big fan of a colored facemasks (not including gray). Take Kentucky for instance, the blue helmet with white FM looks great, but the white helmet with white FM would look 10x better if the FM were blue.

cool. i like white

FWIW - I have a well-placed source working in promotions at a local sports radio stations who can confirm that the Vikings are gettting new jerseys for 2013. It is anticipated that the unveiling could be a month-long drawn out process, perhaps with some small leaks / hints leading up to the expected unveiling at the Draft.

thats interesting. it was my own theory that the Viks might hold off on getting new uniforms as a push for a new stadium. a sort of "give us a new stadium and we'll have cool new unis" thing. either way im almost positive it will be a modern-retro design ala the Bills

If this is the FINAL logo, there are 2 things I don't like...

374x270xMiami-Dolphins-New-Logo-2013.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6pAZap1tUK.jpg

1. The sun is a mess. There is no symmetry to it. The sun spikes seem random and not consistently shape. While this is fine for an illustration, this is not good for a logo.

2. It looks like the tail is smaller than the original leak. While this does help the logo fit in more tight spaces, it also makes the dolphin's head and eye look disproportionately huge..

I guess I can get over these two minor points, but I really am confused by what they decided to do with the sun. The sun from the original leak was far superior.

EDIT: Also, the dolphin is a more aqua green than I thought it would be (or hoped it would be)

1. why do you feel its "fine for an illustration but not a logo"? what about that dosent work?

2. the perspective might be a bit extreme, but its a 3/4 turn view, not a side profile. i think the tail is about right. dosent need to be perfect anyway

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Helmet:

Qdz8t8R.jpg

okay here is a better pic of how I think the helmet will look like

Kudos on the aqua/navy stripe without the orange. Unfortunately I fear they will force all 3 colors into stripes and numerals as that is the flavor of the NFL these days. You've got it right though.

OK thanks. I thought it was maybe the helmet not the logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived