2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like it. Came out way better than I imagined. I wonder though, with the white face mask if they become the first team to have their stripes ON the face mask...

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

http://www.nfl.com/n...y-have-new-logo

It's official

"We had always had a plan to kind of roll it out over a 30-day period, so we're going to start rolling it out. But the logo is only one part of the announcement. It's a complete re-branding of the team."

That quote is really interesting to me. Sounds like Miami may be going more full Oregon and less throwback.

http://www.nfl.com/n...y-have-new-logo

It's official

"We had always had a plan to kind of roll it out over a 30-day period, so we're going to start rolling it out. But the logo is only one part of the announcement. It's a complete re-branding of the team."

That quote is really interesting to me. Sounds like Miami may be going more full Oregon and less throwback.

aah yes the famous corporate PR phrase: "we always had a plan".

translation: "we have no idea how this news got out and are completely unprepared to respond"

Glad we got to see the progression. Those people will never know how much worse it could have been.

SO true. It's a good-looking logo that conveys the teams identity, and I think that is only confirmed by seeing it on Odrick's shirt. Heck, I kinda want that shirt.

BTW, how long has that been the Dolphins FB cover page? That's not a look at the new wordmark, is it?

The first time someone called logo/uniform design "Stormtrooper clip art white for white's sake" was clever. Now it is unoriginal and a poor critique.

That's kind of an MOD EDIT pretentious thing to say. Maybe I've never heard anyone else previously use that terminology? Also, if it's a poor critique now, wouldn't it have been the first time you heard it too?

On a board that celebrates creativity, there sure is a dearth of it when it comes to vocabulary.

Furthermore, you have heard the term used before. Please.

It was funny the first time it was used, now any time a team rolls out a white helmet / white jersey / white pant combo they look like Star Wars characters? Forget about stripes, logos, numbers, etc. MOD EDIT

The Dolphins in all white works as an option. If the merchandising hammer really swings the hand, we will see all (presumably) three jerseys on the field this fall.

You can slice it anyway you want MOD EDIT

All fans are irrational and angry when logos change, but this is too funny. Some of these responses man...wow...

yea most people hate change right away. it dosent really matter how they feel now. it matters how they feel 1 year from now and beyond

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The first time someone called logo/uniform design "Stormtrooper clip art white for white's sake" was clever. Now it is unoriginal and a poor critique.

That's kind of an MOD EDIT pretentious thing to say. Maybe I've never heard anyone else previously use that terminology? Also, if it's a poor critique now, wouldn't it have been the first time you heard it too?

On a board that celebrates creativity, there sure is a dearth of it when it comes to vocabulary.

It was funny the first time it was used, now any time a team rolls out a white helmet / white jersey / white pant combo they look like Star Wars characters? Forget about stripes, logos, numbers, etc. MOD EDIT

The Dolphins in all white works as an option. If the merchandising hammer really swings the hand, we will see all (presumably) three jerseys on the field this fall.

You can slice it anyway you want MOD EDIT

MOD EDIT

You can slice it anyway you want, MOD EDIT

MOD EDIT

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

Seems pretty symmetrical once its rotated. This version of the logo must have been traced. The image it was traced from must have been on a surface that wasn't completely flat. It is close enough though to tell that it is symmetrical.

Miami_Dolphins_2013_Logo_zpseeca7bf1.png

All fans are irrational and angry when logos change, but this is too funny. Some of these responses man...wow...

I personally enjoy the fact that about 5 to 10 people posted about 8 to 10 different times. It really makes it look like a much larger backing against the logo if you don't pay attention.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

This kind of worries me, after thinking about it. I'd imagine that many NFL Owners are going to monitor the reaction to Miami's changes, especially if the uniforms are a total overhaul. For the most part, the Dolphins logo and uniforms have stayed the same throughout their entire history. If sales go off the charts and there is an overwhelming positive feedback to these potentially drastic changes, I'm worried it could pave the way for more owners of teams with classic identities to completely "re-brand".

Any one else share my concerns?

Archived