2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Devils05.png

I like their current colors and uniforms better by a mile. Red and black are so perfect for a team called the Devils that it's weird they ever worn any other color scheme.

Now the striping on that white jersey is actually really nice. The red one on the other hand just feels like a complete mess.

I'm also fine with the Devils remaining red and black. I think red and green have now become too strongly associated with LOL CHRISTMAS the Wild for New Jersey to switch back to.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just love to see Primary and Clash kits in hockey. I know it's impossible with the nightmare it would cause for equipment managers but still, so many teams' home looks would look great matched with other teams home looks. just to name a few: Chicago vs Vancouver, Oilers vs Flames, Minnesota (green) vs Nashville (gold) would look epic together

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

And I completely disagree. I think ANY color vs. color matchup looks horribly amateurish and I think white vs. color is much better and more visually distinctive. Especially in the age of alternates (multiple alts in MLB, NBA and college), it's silly to think that any team would or should go to using only one jersey.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Devils05.png

I like their current colors and uniforms better by a mile. Red and black are so perfect for a team called the Devils that it's weird they ever worn any other color scheme.

Now the striping on that white jersey is actually really nice. The red one on the other hand just feels like a complete mess.

I'm also fine with the Devils remaining red and black. I think red and green have now become too strongly associated with LOL CHRISTMAS the Wild for New Jersey to switch back to.

we used to say they looked the Italian flag, which for that part of NJ, isnt exactly inappropriate.

Those jerseys have a soft spot in my heart as I grew up playing hockey for the Junior Devils and we wore the same uni's when I was young, and then they switched to the red and black's as well.

I think ANY color vs. color matchup looks horribly amateurish and I think white vs. color is much better and more visually distinctive.

While I can see why the idea of a colour on colour matchup is appealing for some, I don't like it either. It's very rec league.

Although my well-documented dislike of football/soccer has more to do with it.

mTBXgML.png

But the red and green work for New Jersey's Italian heritage, plus the forest green recalls the Pine Barrens down in Central Jersey. So it's a matter of being a Devils team or a New Jersey team. They really can't go wrong either way. That's what's so frustrating.

I'm against color/color matchups in hockey unless it's like Detroit in all red against Toronto in all blue for the Winter Classic, which is funny, because both teams look their best in white.

I've always advocated that the Canadiens wear their traditional tricolore home and away unless forced into white, which would in this case be the blue-striped white. Basically a reverse Cowboys. (Not to be confused with reverse cowgirl.) This, however, requires white at home. That'd be nice, too!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not everyone requires white at home for the reverse cowgirl, you know.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Next season has to be the year that CBJ switches over to the cannon jerseys full-time. They gotta establish their own identity in the new "Patrick" Division. Can't go in lookin like those Rangers.

Neither of them look anything like each other to begin with. Columbus uses navy blue with modern striping, New York uses royal blue with traditional striping. If anything, switching over to that third would make them look like they're mimicking the Rangers. About the only similarity is the red pants.

It's not like they'd truly be establishing their own identity by switching to the third because it was based around a fad.

mTBXgML.png

Next season has to be the year that CBJ switches over to the cannon jerseys full-time. They gotta establish their own identity in the new "Patrick" Division. Can't go in lookin like those Rangers.

Neither of them look anything like each other to begin with. Columbus uses navy blue with modern striping, New York uses royal blue with traditional striping. If anything, switching over to that third would make them look like they're mimicking the Rangers. About the only similarity is the red pants.

It's not like they'd truly be establishing their own identity by switching to the third because it was based around a fad.

The vintage white and cannon logo are based off a fad, but the navy blue and light blue are appropriate for a team called the Blue Jackets. In addition, the navy matches the union jackets, and the light blue matches the union pants from the Civil War.

Never understood when people criticized the CBJ third for using navy and light blue...the team has BLUE in their name!

70389454.png

I was too busy criticizing a team established in 2000 for wearing "vintage white" and numbers that look like they're made out of masking tape to notice the double-blue critiques.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was too busy criticizing a team established in 2000 for wearing "vintage white" and numbers that look like they're made out of masking tape to notice the double-blue critiques.

Yeah, I've never understood all the love for those jerseys. The font combined with four of the worst fads (double-blue, roundel, vintage white, fauxback) make it look horrendous and generic. All the Blue Jackets need to do is un-Edgify their set by reverting to the pre-2007 striping (not that razor-thin nonesense they have now) and get a new font.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yeah, I've never understood all the love for those jerseys. The font combined with four of the worst fads (double-blue, roundel, vintage white, fauxback) make it look horrendous and generic. All the Blue Jackets need to do is un-Edgify their set by reverting to the pre-2007 striping (not that razor-thin nonesense they have now) and get a new font.

Very generic and bland. Awful jersey IMO.

Well tomorrow night is the last time the Kings will wear the purple and black jerseys, so we can chalk that up to a confirmed change next year.

When I saw the highlights to their game I thought that maybe it was a mistake and it was a game from last season. I thought they had already been retired. Anyway, this is good because while I don't dislike the color combo, I think that particular jersey is looking fairly dated by now.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

When I saw the highlights to their game I thought that maybe it was a mistake and it was a game from last season. I thought they had already been retired. Anyway, this is good because while I don't dislike the color combo, I think that particular jersey is looking fairly dated by now.

Don't like the LOS ANGELES wordmark on the bottom and don't like the coat of arms secondary logo on the shoulders, but man I did dig that crown logo front and center like that and not overshadowed by 2 giant letters (LA) and a pencil pointed shield.

The Catch of the Day!

Again, the double blue fits their identity.

70389454.png

Again, the double blue fits their identity.

Yet there's nothing wrong with using only one shade of blue. And even if, that changes nothing about the vintage white, hideous font, roundel logo, and fauxback nonesense.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived