2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

As someone who goes to a good handful of Texas Stars games, I would love to see them tweak their identity. I am a Lightning fan, and can't reasonably rock any Texas Stars gear because it is indistinguishable from the Dallas Stars gear - a team I don't support.

However, their new secondary logo is something I could get behind. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see that be the primary next year w/ the big boys changing their look.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that distinguishes the Texas Stars' uniforms from Dallas' is that they are somehow worse. "TEXAS" at home and "STARS" on the road? Numbers on the upper chest crammed in above collegiate/basketball-style text, with acres of dead space below? Gold player names with white numbers? Okie-dokie.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The only thing that distinguishes the Texas Stars' uniforms from Dallas' is that they are somehow worse. "TEXAS" at home and "STARS" on the road? Numbers on the upper chest crammed in above collegiate/basketball-style text, with acres of dead space below? Gold player names with white numbers? Okie-dokie.

It's almost as if they went out of their way to make them bad... God knows why... probably to make the Dallas Star's current set look better... didn't work.

i think they could probably play up the longhorn/texas connection a bit too, if they wanted. with the DALLAS stars returning to their real colors next year, i'm down for playing around with the sweaters of the kids.

green and burnt orange? black and burnt orange, with green details? do something a little more radical down there, since the dallas stars are going to start acting the part of 1967 expansion team.

how would that sit with you, rainmaker?

Honestly, I wouldn't knock it until I saw it. If it works, it works. Although, UT has such a massive over-presence here, I'm not sure I want burnt orange to spill over on to things non-Longhorn related.

newsig.jpg

i think they could probably play up the longhorn/texas connection a bit too, if they wanted. with the DALLAS stars returning to their real colors next year, i'm down for playing around with the sweaters of the kids.

green and burnt orange? black and burnt orange, with green details? do something a little more radical down there, since the dallas stars are going to start acting the part of 1967 expansion team.

how would that sit with you, rainmaker?

Honestly, I wouldn't knock it until I saw it. If it works, it works. Although, UT has such a massive over-presence here, I'm not sure I want burnt orange to spill over on to things non-Longhorn related.

I am not a fan of the burnt orange idea. Like you said, it does have a massive over presence down here. Toying with the longhorn image (the animal, not the school) isnt a bad idea though.

Also, I hate it when things are called Austin when they aren't Austin. Either keep it as TEXAS or change it to Ceder Park, but for the love of god,please don't change it to Austin.

When they first came to town I was kinda disappointed in the name. I was hoping for something with a more local flavor. Something like what the Ice Bats did. but the name has grown on me and don't really want it to change.

I really hope the Dallas Stars show us something soon. The suspense is killing me.

slsig_zps2620f60c.jpg

Saw this concept on an Islanders board:

Brooklyn-Islanders-logo-copy.jpeg

Nice way to change things up for the move to Brooklyn, while keeping the spirit of the original logo. It would be nice to see them embrace a more "New York City" feel to their identity once they start play in Brooklyn.

70389454.png

Nice way to change things up for the move to Brooklyn, while keeping the spirit of the original logo. It would be nice to see them embrace a more "New York City" feel to their identity once they start play in Brooklyn.

that makes no sense. We're going to embrace Brooklyn by putting the skyline of Manhattan on the majority of our logo? It's not even the same Island.

Just because they're going to start playing their games in Brooklyn doesn't mean they're no longer "Long Island's team". It'd be really stupid for them to completely ignore the fan base that has supported them for 40 years and start marketing themselves as NYC's other team. The only logo adjustment they should make is altering the island map to include Brooklyn. They're simply moving into a new building, it's not a relocation.

I might be on board with a secondary that combines the Brooklyn Bridge with The Four, but that's a hideous MS Paintification of the logo. Leave the crest alone but for redrawing Long Island to include the two boroughs.

Another tweak that might not be a bad idea is re-rendering the "ISLANDERS" letters to look a little cleaner, more modern. I recommend good old Trade Gothic. The MSG Networks use it for everything.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If Long Island was so in love with the Islanders, they would get a decent crowed for games that don't involve the Rangers.

Keep the name, but embrace Brooklyn with something like a shoulder patch, 3rd jersey, or logo tweak.

Sorry, this isnt Canada we don't reward 20 years of ineptitude by selling out every home game. That's a reflection of the franchise not the fanbase. When the owner decides to spend above the cap floor and fields of team of more than John Tavares and 11 3rd liners the support will return.

If Long Island was so in love with the Islanders, they would get a decent crowed for games that don't involve the Rangers.

Keep the name, but embrace Brooklyn with something like a shoulder patch, 3rd jersey, or logo tweak.

as an islander fan, i can say us fans are getting sick of the reputation :censored:ty owners and the garbage teams they put on the ice for the last 25 years has done to us. everyone says the islanders have no fans, well what do you expect, 20 years of losing, the last time they won a playoff series was 1993! they charge through the roof prices for tickets, parking, consessions, and merchendise which is almost impossible to find anywhere outside of the team store in the coliseum. The ownership and managment give the fans NO reason to come out in droves every game and spend a ton of money when they dont do it themselves. the islanders as someone said is JT and a bunch of scrubs, they shouldnt be charging fans more then $20 to see their consitent inconsitency. We are glad that the team is staying close, but were also sad to see that the team is moving from its home because of inept ownership/managment groups for most fo the franchise existance, and the incompetent corrupt politicians of nassau county and town of hempstead that did everythign possible to prevent th islanders from staying. Its not the fans fault the team sucks and is moving to brooklyn, its the ownership/ managment and the politicians fault. us fans are waiting for the team to give us reaosns to come back. ANd the islanders, though with their inconsitency to move ahead, have ahad some big crowds this season ( though the team usually puts up a giant goose egg and doesnt show up to those games)

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Archived