2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

i'm still holding out hope for a wild/stars winter classic, with the stars in north stars sweaters back in minnesota.

present versus the past of minnesota hockey.

That could be done with a real slap in the face, the 1991-92 jerseys with the current logo minus Dallas and the sweaters the Stars wore until 2000

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer the Wild in North Stars unis, with Dallas in the unis that they wore for their last couple years in MN.

NorthStars11.png

Bottom

vs

NorthStars19.png

Both of those were great. I'm in the minority in that, while I prefer the green/gold for the Minnesota North Stars, I think the 2nd set there was the best the Dallas Stars ever looked (moreso than the star-pattern jerseys).

Heritage classic? Sure they will. Those damned things are all over the province and into northern Washington.

I really don't see them going Flying V for a Heritage Classic. Millionaires of WHA Canucks seems more likely, associating yourself with some sort of past glory is probably "safer" marketing than throwing back to a largely regrettable era of your own history.

Also, a game in BC Place would be odd. I guess if you can open a relatively small hole in the roof, it still counts as an outdoor game?

Vancouver vs Chicago then, and go with Blazers vs Cougars?

:censored: it, this is what I want to see the Heritage Classic become. Jets in 1972 togs vs the Hurricanes in their green and white Red Wing knockoff New England Whalers uniforms.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'd prefer the Wild in North Stars unis, with Dallas in the unis that they wore for their last couple years in MN.

NorthStars11.png

Bottom

vs

NorthStars19.png

This is by far the best solution. Minnesota is the North Stars and Dallas is the Stars, Norm Green made that abundantly clear in his rebranding of the team.

again, i'm not going to get into the argument a 100th time on here... but the wild are NOT the north stars. the stars are. end of story. different teams. wild =/= north, or any other direction, stars.

anyway...

the stars have officially had their uniforms submitted and approved by the league, from what i've heard. so the change is a done deal. wish i had more.

again, i'm not going to get into the argument a 100th time on here... but the wild are NOT the north stars. the stars are. end of story. different teams. wild =/= north, or any other direction, stars.

anyway...

the stars have officially had their uniforms submitted and approved by the league, from what i've heard. so the change is a done deal. wish i had more.

Excited about this. I can not wait to see what they have done.

slsig_zps2620f60c.jpg

This is by far the best solution. Minnesota is the North Stars and Dallas is the Stars, Norm Green made that abundantly clear in his rebranding of the team.

Actually he did quite the opposite. By keeping the North Stars' colours and the name "Stars" (as well as the team's last logo in Minnesota) he made it clear that the Dallas Stars were a continuation of the North Stars, just operating out a different locale that necessitated a small name change.

anyway...

Good news. I do hope they invoke the North Stars' look just a bit. Not only was it a fine look in its own right, but maybe it'll scratch the nostalgic itch a lot of people have for the North Stars and put a damper on the "the Wild should wear North Stars throwbacks!" discussion.

anyway...

Right, but it seems that teams have paid homage to past franchises of their cities (Flyers= Quakers, Flames= Tigers) regardless of actual ties to that franchise. Everyone knows the Wild are not the North Stars, but they were Minnesota's original NHL team. It would be the same if the Heritage classic ever goes to Winnipeg. You think the Jets would wear Thrasher unis from 2001 or Jets unis from the 80's?

sig.png

Actually he did quite the opposite. By keeping the North Stars' colours and the name "Stars" (as well as the team's last logo in Minnesota) he made it clear that the Dallas Stars were a continuation of the North Stars, just operating out a different locale that necessitated a small name change.

anyway...

Good news. I do hope they invoke the North Stars' look just a bit. Not only was it a fine look in its own right, but maybe it'll scratch the nostalgic itch a lot of people have for the North Stars and put a damper on the "the Wild should wear North Stars throwbacks!" discussion.

That's how I feel. As a Wild fan who will never feel about them the way I did about the North Stars, I like how the franchise has handled their identity. Yes, they are the Dallas Stars and are not going to put the focus on the Minnesota part of their history, but they've kept the retired numbers and do not pretend they were an expansion team in 1993. I definitely prefer that to forgetting they ever existed. I realize that this makes it a bit inappropriate for the Wild to don North Stars gear for a Winter Classic or some other game, but that's a small price to pay for the franchise to carry its Minnesota roots. And while I cannot speak for other fans of the former North Stars, having a little North Stars look to their new uniforms would be just fine by me. Plus, in my (biased) opinion, the best looks in franchise history were from the days in Minnesota.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

anyway...

Thank god! Heard rumblings of a spring unveiling a couple of months back, maybe we'll be seeing these sooner than we think!

The Kings are wearing purple and black in Phoenix tonight against their whites, thus negating all jersey fouls on people owning them customized with Carter 77. But those who got the SCF patch sewn on…

I wonder if they'll do what they did last year, where they shipped them off to Dallas and Saint Louis for a two game road trip, and wear them Thursday night in San José. They have not been worn at home this season.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Kings are wearing purple and black in Phoenix tonight against their whites, thus negating all jersey fouls on people owning them customized with Carter 77. But those who got the SCF patch sewn on…

I wonder if they'll do what they did last year, where they shipped them off to Dallas and Saint Louis for a two game road trip, and wear them Thursday night in San José. They have not been worn at home this season.

I am seeing a lot of the counterfeit sites selling the Carter alt with the SCF patch.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I thought these jerseys were dead and buried. Turns out the Kings just play like they're dead and buried in them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

According to Jim Fox, the Kings will wear them Saturday against San José, and Monday and Tuesday against Phoenix, then the old jerseys are gone for good.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Will the Kings then officially take color out of their official team colors and onscreen graphics? and will oddball swing by to yell at me for asking, call me an idiot, say I know nothing about the history of hockey, and that I might as well just fall over and die?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived