2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

It looks better IMO, but you still need to integrate some black into the jerseys as well I think.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight the Kings are wearing their purple & gold uniforms to honor Kelly Hrudey, who wore the Gretzky era black & silver uniforms for his entire tenure with the Kings.

Even during the red-and-black and slug eras, the Sabres adopted the blue and gold with the classic logo for their alumni. Is it something similar with the Kings?

Just noticed the Jackets wore white at home against the Wings....any reason for this?

Both teams agreed to do it for their back-to-back weekend series. Detroit will be in their whites at Joe Louis against the Jackets today.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Jets are getting a Heritage Classic (likely) in 2016; start drooling over potential wordmark jerseys, gang!

And word on the street is that Vancouver will be hosting the Heritage Classic at BC Place Stadium in 2014... If that is the case, I think the Millionaires jerseys that they are wearing next weekend would have been a better choice than this season... But that's just me. If this comes to froition, then perhaps we can expect some Don Cherry era Canucks jerseys going back to the old WHL days when they won the league championship.

Here's the story from TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417768

Just noticed the Jackets wore white at home against the Wings....any reason for this?

Both teams agreed to do it for their back-to-back weekend series. Detroit will be in their whites at Joe Louis against the Jackets today.

and it felt right.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well if anything I think the Canucks will go farther back than the flying v (and I will admit to owning one of those). As I said before, since they are already doing the Millionaires thing this year, I don't see them recycling that jersey for a Heritage Classic game. I think they would take the opportunity to make more money with a new jersey and again I think it will pay homage to the WHL Canucks who won 6 Lester Patrick Cups as WHL champions in their day. As for an opponent, I don't see them having an American opponent as the Heritage Classic has been used for the Canadian outdoor game. Perhaps the Flames, Oilers or Sens... A team the Canucks have a history with or at least a long hockey history.

On the topic of outdoor games, has anyone else heard more from the Ottawa Senators and their hopes of bringing the Heritage Classic to Ottawa and Frank Claire Stadium for Canada's 150th birthday? I think it also coincides with a Senators anniversary.

Canucks and Blackhawks; the Hawks have to play an outdoor road game now and we'll have a Canadian team playing in the United States, so it evens out. It'd be a great travel package, I'm sure!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As for an opponent, I don't see them having an American opponent as the Heritage Classic has been used for the Canadian outdoor game.

That argument means a little less now that a Canadian team will be playing in the Winter Classic for the first time.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Jets are getting a Heritage Classic (likely) in 2016; start drooling over potential wordmark jerseys, gang!

Sweet it'll be like if the Wild got a Winter Classic and wore North Stars jerseys

Which is what the local radio hosts are pushing the Wild to do. Nobody gets/cares that the Wild CANNOT be the North Stars. They were even suggesting the Wild play the Stars, and the Wild dress up as North Stars.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

i'm still holding out hope for a wild/stars winter classic, with the stars in north stars sweaters back in minnesota.

present versus the past of minnesota hockey.

Archived