2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kings *should* be a purple team. Or a Forum Blue team. Whichever.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

All purple crown merchandise will be 50% off on Monday and Tuesday and random prizes will be given to fans wearing purple crown gear.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

According to Jim Fox, the Kings will wear them Saturday against San José, and Monday and Tuesday against Phoenix, then the old jerseys are gone for good.

And that's a shame, because that set (IMO) was the best the Kings have ever looked. The sparkle silver numbers/letters really pop on those. How anyone can prefer the 'new' pencil-tip set over these is beyond me.

The pre-Edge Kings purple-silver-black set, that I liked. Once they dropped the hem stripes, the look went right in the dumper. Especially with that "LOS ANGELES" text just kinda floating in the vast nothingness.

The Kings' current look is a few adjustments away from being acceptable-to-good. The pencil-point crest blows.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

again, i'm not going to get into the argument a 100th time on here... but the wild are NOT the north stars. the stars are. end of story. different teams. wild =/= north, or any other direction, stars.

anyway...

the stars have officially had their uniforms submitted and approved by the league, from what i've heard. so the change is a done deal. wish i had more.

Excited about this. I can not wait to see what they have done.

Me too. I never bought into the current Dallas look. In a weird way, I hope the Austin squad doesn't change a bit.

newsig.jpg

The pre-Edge Kings purple-silver-black set, that I liked. Once they dropped the hem stripes, the look went right in the dumper. Especially with that "LOS ANGELES" text just kinda floating in the vast nothingness.

The Kings' current look is a few adjustments away from being acceptable-to-good. The pencil-point crest blows.

The pencil-point logo is a "modernized" version of the 90s silver n' black Chevrolet logo, hence to carry on the theme of that era. That's why they did not go with the crown as the crest, imo. But at least they preserved that crown logo, even though it's just a minuscule dot at the bottom of the pencil point.

The original purple and black jerseys, I also really liked them. But the set does scream late-90s/early 2000s too much for it to work today. The current set has a lot more contrast, from a distance.

On 3/13/2013 at 2:54 AM, njdevs7 said:

Kind of off topic, but I was watching an old video and saw a fan wearing this Avs jersey...anybody seen it before?

Light blue used to be a popular "fashion jersey" style. I think I saw Flyers and Red Wings in that color about 10 -15 years ago.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Kind of off topic, but I was watching an old video and saw a fan wearing this Avs jersey...anybody seen it before?

0d27df1d3d208da56f6be7e247926c6e.png?1363161185

It's a Starter fashion alternate.

to go back a few posts, since i'm just now back at a computer.... when did the flyers draw from the quaker's heritage? wasn't that just a fan concept that turned into a counterfeit? not helping the argument for the wild wearing north stars gear...

also, to join in every conversation i can find on here:

the kings look best in purple and yellow, but purple and silver looked okay too... i was never a fan of any of their black sweaters, except the gretzky era one. and that's probably just because of the nostalgia of them wearing that look when i first learned the team existed as a kid in 1993. their home jersey needs to be purple. we went from both so-cal teams wearing purple to neither of them wearing purple. someone claim it. it's a unique and powerful color. go brahmas.

and the texas stars will probably start looking a bit different than the dallas stars, in my opinion. they're not owned by the same family anymore, as i'm fairly sure tom hicks jr. still owns the texas stars, while tom hicks is a villain all over the metroplex and thankfully unaffiliated with the dallas stars.

and morgo, i also heard that a spring unveil is possible... but i think the organization is conflicted on that. i'm about ready... i know this is exactly WHY sports teams change looks, but i've been obsessed with this team since 1993, when i was 9... and my house is covered in the ST^RS logo everywhere you look... but i can' wait to buy some kelly green stuff with new logo, and get one of those shiny little decals for the back of dodge with the new logo. i'm excited. it's an exciting time to be a stars fan again.

and the texas stars will probably start looking a bit different than the dallas stars, in my opinion.

Can we get them to use a different place name, too? Austin? Cedar Park? It's like if the Chicago Blackhawks were affiliated with the Illinois Blackhawks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

flyers-winter-classic-jerseys-680uw.jpg

Quakers.png

You're telling me they didn't draw any inspiration from these?

When have the Flyers ever worn anything remotely close to the jersey they chose?

only thing i see that is remotely quakery about that is the black shoulder yoke on an orange jersey.

if that's all i takes, then i fully grant the wild permission to wear green jerseys with white shoulder yokes to honor the north stars heritage... but anything with a north stars logo, north stars striping pattern, or the use of green/gold/black instead of green/red/wheat would far surpass the link between the flyers winter classic sweaters and the quakers look.

so yeah, if the wild want to ditch the phantom yoke and just fill it all in vintage white up there? go for it. that can be your "nod" to the stars franchise. everything else belong to the stars.

and the texas stars will probably start looking a bit different than the dallas stars, in my opinion.

Can we get them to use a different place name, too? Austin? Cedar Park? It's like if the Chicago Blackhawks were affiliated with the Illinois Blackhawks.

totally on board for that. austin stars works for me. they just didn't want to alienate cedar park, but meh... everyone in the entire organization says "send down to austin" or "called up from austin" already.

plus it would make it easy to say the stars and the a-stars... a having a double meaning of austin and AHL.

i think they could probably play up the longhorn/texas connection a bit too, if they wanted. with the DALLAS stars returning to their real colors next year, i'm down for playing around with the sweaters of the kids.

green and burnt orange? black and burnt orange, with green details? do something a little more radical down there, since the dallas stars are going to start acting the part of 1967 expansion team.

how would that sit with you, rainmaker?

Archived