2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

The Kings are wearing forum blue and gold to honor Ian Laperrière, a player who wore the Gretzky set for three years and the inaugural black and purple set for six.

I had thought that it was a tribute to Jerry Buss in the first home game for the Kings since his death, and it just happened to also be Ian Laperriere day.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kings are wearing forum blue and gold to honor Ian Laperrière, a player who wore the Gretzky set for three years and the inaugural black and purple set for six.

I had thought that it was a tribute to Jerry Buss in the first home game for the Kings since his death, and it just happened to also be Ian Laperriere day.

Other way around, it was just a continuation of Legends Nights (presented by McDonald's) from the last few years.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Other way around, it was just a continuation of Legends Nights (presented by McDonald's) from the last few years.

Ah, and see I thought it was a good will gesture and chose to actually say a nice thing about the Kings that day.

I take it all back :P

And is Ian Laperierre really a "Legend"? Good player on some ok Kings teams. Stuck around the league a while I guess.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So in Tampa Bay, there's going to be a new Lighting ticket commercial that features Stamkos, Purcell, and Malone wearing the primary home jerseys with the alternate black pants. That combination looks really nice, and hopefully that's a sign of things to come next season (but I'm not holding my breath).

Was Forum Blue created simply because purple wasn't regarded as "manly" enough for a sports team?

Jack Kent Cooke hated the name of the colour, so thus forum blue was born.

And whether the manliness aspect is true or not (I don't know), considering purple has long been a colour associated with royalty, that one doesn't pass the snuff test.

color is subjective and takes on different meanings and connotations across various times and culture. for instance, i believe its Chine where they wear red to funerals, a color of mourning where in America that would not be acceptable. point is, purple being a color of kings and royalty 100s (or 1,000s i think it goes back to Egypt) of years ago dosent quite work int he same way as 2013 North America. i too see it as a feminine color

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

So in Tampa Bay, there's going to be a new Lighting ticket commercial that features Stamkos, Purcell, and Malone wearing the primary home jerseys with the alternate black pants. That combination looks really nice, and hopefully that's a sign of things to come next season (but I'm not holding my breath).

That sounds like they want to use black more again, which is a good thing.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

See, that's a wrong decision too. Black pants with blue jerseys with what might as well be no black will look dumb. The same will be true with the white jerseys.

Just design blue jerseys and socks with black, gray, and white stripes and you're done. It's not that hard.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, don't hold your breath. They shot the commercial right after practice, so the players were wearing practice gear with the home jerseys.

http://video.lightni...bed-share-video

Untitled.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

You put that with the blue socks and black helmets, though, and trim the white striping in black...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived