2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

What it really comes down to, is the third looks better, is more unique, and better fits the image than the home and road.

thirdjackets.jpg

Double blue as a fad is already passing, roundels are becoming more rare, and fewer and fewer teams are using vintage white. Maybe they'll have all of them to themselves and end with a unique look that was at one time very fad-driven.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well tomorrow night is the last time the Kings will wear the purple and black jerseys, so we can chalk that up to a confirmed change next year.

And that's the real shame, they were my favorite jerseys in hockey. Watching them last night and tonight reminded me how much nicer these uniforms are and how much more character they have than their current drab home plate set.

Well tomorrow night is the last time the Kings will wear the purple and black jerseys, so we can chalk that up to a confirmed change next year.

And that's the real shame, they were my favorite jerseys in hockey. Watching them last night and tonight reminded me how much nicer these uniforms are and how much more character they have than their current drab home plate set.

747123464.jpg

Savor this moment

Go A's!

747123464.jpg

Savor this moment

I will.

Too bad those are gone. Perfect uni's for the Kings. Just ditch the Los Angeles script at the bottom and I think you have one of the nicest jerseys in the league.

No, these were. Except for the hideous collar.

bucky-f.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Next season has to be the year that CBJ switches over to the cannon jerseys full-time. They gotta establish their own identity in the new "Patrick" Division. Can't go in lookin like those Rangers.

Neither of them look anything like each other to begin with. Columbus uses navy blue with modern striping, New York uses royal blue with traditional striping. If anything, switching over to that third would make them look like they're mimicking the Rangers. About the only similarity is the red pants.

It's not like they'd truly be establishing their own identity by switching to the third because it was based around a fad.

The vintage white and cannon logo are based off a fad, but the navy blue and light blue are appropriate for a team called the Blue Jackets. In addition, the navy matches the union jackets, and the light blue matches the union pants from the Civil War.

Never understood when people criticized the CBJ third for using navy and light blue...the team has BLUE in their name!

The only significant change I would make is to lose the vintage white and add gold as an accent along with the dual blues, this would complete the Civil War uniform look.

Next season has to be the year that CBJ switches over to the cannon jerseys full-time. They gotta establish their own identity in the new "Patrick" Division. Can't go in lookin like those Rangers.

Neither of them look anything like each other to begin with. Columbus uses navy blue with modern striping, New York uses royal blue with traditional striping. If anything, switching over to that third would make them look like they're mimicking the Rangers. About the only similarity is the red pants.

It's not like they'd truly be establishing their own identity by switching to the third because it was based around a fad.

The vintage white and cannon logo are based off a fad, but the navy blue and light blue are appropriate for a team called the Blue Jackets. In addition, the navy matches the union jackets, and the light blue matches the union pants from the Civil War.

Never understood when people criticized the CBJ third for using navy and light blue...the team has BLUE in their name!

The only significant change I would make is to lose the vintage white and add gold as an accent along with the dual blues, this would complete the Civil War uniform look.

The gold idea might look cool. If they did it, I would hope they keep it to a minimum. While I don't really care for the cannon third (I think it might be the font), I don't mind the Blue Jackets using vintage white... goes with the Civil War identity, IMO.

I've read before a few times that the Blue Jackets players prefer the alternate uniforms because they don't like the red pants of the primaries. I think a change to blue pants (with red cuffs on the bottom) would be a nice change if I have to give up my navy-navy-red-navy look that I love so much.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like the Kings crown logo by itself, but everything else about that jersey is outdated. It needed to go IMO. I don't really even like the shoulder yoke, it just doesn't work for me. They could do something nice with those colours but I'd rather they just went with their current home and road.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I've read before a few times that the Blue Jackets players prefer the alternate uniforms because they don't like the red pants of the primaries. I think a change to blue pants (with red cuffs on the bottom) would be a nice change if I have to give up my navy-navy-red-navy look that I love so much.

I think that's a simple solution to the "problem" if the players don't like red pants. The red is basically an accent color in their logo anyways, no need for the red pants.

What it really comes down to, is the third looks better, is more unique, and better fits the image than the home and road.

thirdjackets.jpg

Double blue as a fad is already passing, roundels are becoming more rare, and fewer and fewer teams are using vintage white. Maybe they'll have all of them to themselves and end with a unique look that was at one time very fad-driven.

I'm not sure how you can say that... On the left, I see a team draped in Ohio imagery. On the right, I see an expansion team from San Antonio.

^agreed. The alternate uni just looks like a boring mess with an ugly off white color that doesn't even match the socks. And that primary logo isn't a primary logo, it's a shoulder patch.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

thirdjackets.jpg

I'm not sure how you can say that... On the left, I see a team draped in Ohio imagery. On the right, I see an expansion team from San Antonio.

I like the alts, but agree, I love the current home and aways. No need to change anything, besides looking into adding navy pants instead of the red. Maybe you have to be from Ohio to appreciate the CBJ logo?

Correct me if I am wrong, but they are the first team to use something similar to their state's flag as a main logo since the Colorado Rockies.

70389454.png

Never liked any of the Blue Jackets uni's. They were bad when they started out with the bug logo and have just gotten worse and more generic from there. It's a bad nickname to begin with, but they dont really seem to embrace it other than the mediocre third jersey. They look more like Columbus Ohioans than anything else.

If there was ever a franchise in need of a complete and total makeover, starting with the nickname, it's the Columbus Blue Jackets.

I've been starting to put these things together, but I'll give a preview here...I've got boatloads of these things - official jersey graphics:

ColumbusBlueJackets_JFV0200b_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

ColumbusBlueJackets_JBV0200b_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

The white parts on these collars should be blue, otherwise, good job.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The white parts on these collars should be blue, otherwise, good job.

Really? Hmmm...mistake by the NHL then.

(I didn't create these; just produced accurate RGB versions of them.)

thirdjackets.jpg

Agree 100%

The Blue Jackets current primary jerseys are just awful. I don't know how manage to make an overused scheme like Red Navy and White even more dull but that's exactly what they've done. The only point of interest on the Home jersey aside from the logos are razor Red and White pipes that only exacerbate how poorly designed the Edge uniform system is (ditch the scooped hems already!) While I hate the vintage white, everything else concerning the alternate looks great. Thick, broad striping, a much more unique colour scheme and a logo far superior to that All Star Game knock off.

Archived