Bolt957

New Doritos Logo

44 posts in this topic

Old:

doritos_logo-12834.jpg

New:

Doritos-Jacked-RanchHot.jpg

I'm still kind of iffy on the new logo.

I like the direction they went with the retro packaging for the reintroduction of the old flavors, but I think this is a definite upgrade over the previous heart monitor logo.

Disagree 100%. Major downgrade. The typeface on the new logo makes it look like a knock-off gas station brand.

2 people like this

Disagree 100%. Major downgrade. The typeface on the new logo makes it look like a knock-off gas station brand.

Considering that doritos primary demographic are guys who stock up on swisher sweets, m&ms, arizona tea, and the aforementioned doritos on a 4x-a-week basis, I think they're onto something.

2 people like this

Not a fan. If it aint broke, don't fix it. The new typeface just doesn't scream "Doritos" to me like the old one did.

I think it's an upgrade. Not a huge one; just a slight one.

Not a fan. If it aint broke, don't fix it. The new typeface just doesn't scream "Doritos" to me like the old one did.

That's because the old one was actually screaming at you.

That's because the old one was actually screaming at you.

I suppose I could have worded that better

You know, I was just looking at bag of Doritos the other day and thinking how tired the 8 year look was starting to look. But compared to the new one it's not looking so bad now

Change; whenever it happens 90% of people say they don't like it, ten years later it changes again, they don't like that either and say how much more superior the previous design was. Ultimately, we all grow old, all die, and another generation swoons over the designs of their time. It's a nostalgic value, people don't like change. As for the shown, I don't like the bag itself but the new logo serves it's purpose and the D/Dorito is a nice element.

2 people like this

I was thinking whether they were going to change dorito's soon, since tostito's got new packaging.

I wonder if lay's is next. Really the thing I don't like is the traingle looks forced, looked better before.

so 90's

I'd say it's more Raven than 90's.

1 person likes this

It's not bad, still nothing beats the classic retro branding & packaging.

Not sure why Doriots waited two weeks after the Super Bowl to unveil it. Wou'd think the ideal time to show off their new look be the biggest advertising day of the year.

I honestly think it's an upgrade mainly because I've never liked the old logo. Seemed like a look more fitting for an energy drink.

what the hell. why are they selling ranch dipped hot wings flavored chips?

Because people get high.

2 people like this

I didn't know it until just now, but apparently the rest of the world has had this logo until the change.

Doritos-Logo.jpg

I like this logo. This is probably the only good Doritos logo I've ever seen.

I love the logo of and packing of the 90s because it's what I remember first as a kid, but it's not very good. (Actually, I do think the packaging with the see-thru window was great, but probably expensive and not eco-friendly or something.)

So conclusion, Doritos has never looked very good as a brand and still doesn't, but I might feel differently if they always used that logo above.

In second conclusion, I still love Doritos. You probably know this already as you can likely smell my breath when I eat them. Where ever you are.

Not sure why Doriots waited two weeks after the Super Bowl to unveil it.

Doriots was busy finalizing their deal to be the official snack food of the Vancouver Canucks.

STL Fanatic, do you like the Sweet Spicy Chili Doritos? It's the only kind I like. They're addictive. They also smell vaguely of chlorine. :/