The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I saw a whole family of Saints fans in a pizza shop last week. They were all HORRIBLE fakes. Everything was stitched on. The jerseys were black. There were gold team logos on the shoulders. The numbers were SILVER with gold outline. The dad's jersey was the worst because the GRAHAM name on the back was lined up with the lef side of the 8 in the 80...not centered over the whole number.

LIKE THIS:

2jcsihg.jpg

Why wouldn't you send that crap back!? How could you actually wear it?

87Redskins.png

Proof you don't have to spend big bucks for a legitmate jersey. There's just two things: You have to keep your eyes peeled constantly for deals and you have to be fine with non-current players. Picked up this sweet Wolves sleeved jersey at lids. Originally $110, marked 50% off, then an additional 30% off. Great jersey for $38.50! No China needed!

VCChctPl.jpg?1

JJebh2Ql.jpg?2

• Like 1

ALykGdZ.png

Proof you don't have to spend big bucks for a legitmate jersey. There's just two things: You have to keep your eyes peeled constantly for deals and you have to be fine with non-current players. Picked up this sweet Wolves sleeved jersey at lids. Originally $110, marked 50% off, then an additional 30% off. Great jersey for $38.50! No China needed!

VCChctPl.jpg?1

JJebh2Ql.jpg?2

You really shouldn't be that thrilled over a replica sleeved jersey of a player that doesn't play there anymore

You really shouldn't be that thrilled over a replica sleeved jersey of a player that doesn't play there anymore

Why not? I like the jersey and I don't care if he's gone. Point being was that not all legitimate jerseys are budget busters, which is the biggest argument in favor of purchasing knockoffs.

ALykGdZ.png

While I was at the Detroit Tigers game I saw a guy wearing the ugliest counterfeit Matt Stafford jersey. The shade of blue was way to light and I almost had to slap my brother after he suggested that color had "faded" from being a few years old (it was a "Reebok" jersey supposedly from before the NFL made the switch to
Nike as the official jersey manufacturers.)

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• 1 month later...

Found on my local craigslist:

00k0k_jqEMrt0ysel_600x450.jpg

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/spo/4687746896.html

I emailed the guy and he said he would drop it to $60 if I bought it that day. It's one thing to claim a knockoff is authentic, but to also claim it's game-worn? Some poor guy who doesn't know the difference will be out $60. Anyone know where I can report this junk?

ALykGdZ.png

That is pitiful. I don't know if I've ever seen such an obvious pile of crap fake marketed as game used. Some chump is going to buy it and about the third person he shows it to is going to say "they told you that was game worn?!"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

VCChctPl.jpg?1

JJebh2Ql.jpg?2

From a team that's been a laughing stock most of its existence.

The sleeves really are the killer in the deal though.

87Redskins.png

• 1 month later...

This may not be the first time a counterfeit Mighty Ducks Wild Wing jersey has been shared, but this is noteworthy: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Anaheim-Ducks-Teemu-Selanne-Wild-Wing-Jersey-New-w-Tags-Fight-Strap-STITCHED-/161501653711?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item259a3faacf

$_57.JPG

If you notice, the manufacturer actually took the time to make Wild Wing, the chunks of ice, the water, all of it, as crests! Anyone who's ever seen a real thing knows the whole thing was sublimated directly onto the fabric. The only crests are the logos on the shoulders, that's it.

Made me laugh.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Found on my local craigslist:

00k0k_jqEMrt0ysel_600x450.jpg

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/spo/4687746896.html

I emailed the guy and he said he would drop it to $60 if I bought it that day. It's one thing to claim a knockoff is authentic, but to also claim it's game-worn? Some poor guy who doesn't know the difference will be out $60. Anyone know where I can report this junk?

Technically, the guy could wear the jersey to a live NFL game and claim that it's game worn (and s/he would be sorta kinda right). I've seen that move lots of times on eBay, and they bury this info deep in the description. Douche move.

This may not be the first time a counterfeit Mighty Ducks Wild Wing jersey has been shared, but this is noteworthy: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Anaheim-Ducks-Teemu-Selanne-Wild-Wing-Jersey-New-w-Tags-Fight-Strap-STITCHED-/161501653711?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item259a3faacf

$_57.JPG

If you notice, the manufacturer actually took the time to make Wild Wing, the chunks of ice, the water, all of it, as crests! Anyone who's ever seen a real thing knows the whole thing was sublimated directly onto the fabric. The only crests are the logos on the shoulders, that's it.

Made me laugh.

From the description:

1. EVERYTHING on this jersey is stitched, including the main logo on the front. Other jerseys of this type have the main logo printed, don't go for those.

That's rich. If you're willing to drop a few hundred on a jersey on a place like eBay, you better do your research first.

(insert obligatory wish for Wild Wing remakes)

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

• 1 year later...

Btxtfu3.jpg

Bumping this with a hilarious Ducks jersey I came across. Brings a whole new meaning to "side panels"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Pabig, it looks like it is probably a legit replica (game) jersey. The game jersey is Nike's lowest level jersey and retails for $100. Without better pictures I cannot give you a definitive answer but it looks good.

I also wanted to share this picture my friend showed me. Jimmy Butler posted this to his instagram. It is clearly a fake, you can see how horrible the numbers look. What makes this funny is that he is sponsored by Nike (Jordan) and the guy just signed a $95M contract. He could've easily gotten a free jersey I would assume and if not $300 isn't going to put a dent in that contract!

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 1.00.02 PM.png

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

8 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Looks more like a replica...but it's a 2012 jersey though. IIRC the neck is all black since 2013

It is so hard to get even legit NIKE replicas here in Germany at a fair price I could care less about it being from 2012 or 2013.

On 9/16/2010 at 0:41 AM, JaxNoles said:

It's just my opinion. I just think jerseys are a little goofy for men to be wearing around, particularly football jerseys. And that goes for going to game or going to the store. IMO, there is no proper situation for the man jersey. And just because you make some money doesn't mean you can't look like a jackass.

There are probably more men and women in the world who wear jerseys- then men who just sit and talk about sports logos.  Wearing jerseys is more main-steam than just talking about a team's logo and uniform design just from the standpoint of aesthetics.  

I enjoy this site because I wear jerseys.  If I didn't have that interest I wouldn't give it the time of day.  IMO adults attending- chasing TV/movie stars and dressing up at all of those comic-con or fanboy events is weird.  But they are probably more mainstream now than our little community here- so who am I (or anyone else) to say what is acceptable?  To each his own. 

I looked into Nike knock-offs and it seems like they're made better than their former Reebok knockoff counterparts... that being said, you can routinely buy legit game-worn jerseys of obscure 90's players on eBay that fit like a glove for less than the price of a legit Nike replica. Seems like a no-brainer to me.