Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

bucs.PNG

That's clearly a shopping (and not a very good one, at that) of this photo:

White-Oregon-Ducks-Helmet-11.jpg

While that doesn't rule this out, it does seem like a strange move. Also, I swear that I've seen this version before now, likely on these very boards, but I can't seem to dig it up. That striping is very distinctive and I remember seeing it before.

The helmet concept was posted by a fan on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/buccaneers/comments/1y9egq/my_buccaneers_new_helmet_concept/

It might also look familiar because the logo used appears to be the same one designed by a user on these boards (albeit several years ago): http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/44697-bucs-logo-simplification/

Regardless, Warren Sapp claims it's not even close. https://twitter.com/WarrenSapp/status/436538914698842112

Also in the Reddit thread, the user posted this quote: " The helmet is not like anything that has floated around on social media and several message boards, at least from what I have seen and what several have made me aware of. After getting some details about it, the chrome front makes much more sense now which will go well with the shell itself. The logo is as they say, enhanced. But I am curious how they will make the throwback game work – if that is something they still want to do moving forward and what I was teased with is accurate. "

-- Gil Arcia, The Bay Cave, 620 WDAE

I still think we could see chrome in the helmet decal.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, the mini helmet is telling because the logo looks slightly tweaked from their current logo... mainly the edge of the flag

OqotA1j.png1046.gif

In what way?

The left edge of the flag is right next to the vent hole, making it appear to be a different logo.

Look at it... Everything else appears identical.

You're not the only one to point this out. I'm just trying to make it clearer to everyone; it's the same logo.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Didn't someone say "Somewhat retro but Bucco Bruce isn't part of it"? That with the 'Bigger is better' line make me think large logo on one side, number on the other, since numbers on helmets are retro.

I'm saying it's staying a pewter helmet but just a chrome face mask. If I remember correctly when Nike took over wasn't there something where they couldn't replicate the color of pewter being used? Where the pants were a hybrid of the old pant material with the new mesh side panels? Maybe I'm wrong, probably am, but if that's the case this could just be a simple introducing of a different pewter color, as well with the new logo and stuff.

I remember that Nike could not replicate the Seahawks former color, but I don't recall anything about the Bucs.

That is such a joke that a gigantic apparel company like nike cannot replicate certain colors.

You clearly have no understanding as to how colors are appear in different fabrics and materials.

To me, the mini helmet is telling because the logo looks slightly tweaked from their current logo... mainly the edge of the flag

OqotA1j.png1046.gif

In what way?

The left edge of the flag is right next to the vent hole, making it appear to be a different logo.

Look at it... Everything else appears identical.

You're not the only one to point this out. I'm just trying to make it clearer to everyone; it's the same logo.

The bottom left corner of the flag looks narrower to me. I don't think that's a vent. Just spitballin here tho

90758391980.gif

I'm saying it's staying a pewter helmet but just a chrome face mask. If I remember correctly when Nike took over wasn't there something where they couldn't replicate the color of pewter being used? Where the pants were a hybrid of the old pant material with the new mesh side panels? Maybe I'm wrong, probably am, but if that's the case this could just be a simple introducing of a different pewter color, as well with the new logo and stuff.

I remember that Nike could not replicate the Seahawks former color, but I don't recall anything about the Bucs.
That is such a joke that a gigantic apparel company like nike cannot replicate certain colors.

You clearly have no understanding as to how colors are appear in different fabrics and materials.

You're right I don't but I don't work for Nike so I don't have to.

So...continue to hurl insults based on completely ignorant assumptions then?

One insult, if it was even an insult. All I'm saying is that Nike should have have the resources necessary to do so. And if you guys didn't come at me like you did, I would have said that it could be a legal issue with Reebok. But thank you for calling me ignorant.

Not at all. No matter what goes into making fabrics, it's dumbfounding that Nike can't reproduce certain colors accurately. It's much more dumbfounding that they would even have the nerve to say "close enough" and offer the Jets the pieces of crap they did, with three different shades of green. It's most ludicrous, however, that the Jets accepted those awful jerseys instead of telling Nike to piss up a rope.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Not at all. No matter what goes into making fabrics, it's dumbfounding that Nike can't reproduce certain colors accurately. It's much more dumbfounding that they would even have the nerve to say "close enough" and offer the Jets the pieces of crap they did, with three different shades of green. It's most ludicrous, however, that the Jets accepted those awful jerseys instead of telling Nike to piss up a rope.

Exactly. Nike is my favorite when it comes to apparel so I am not trying to insult them. I just don't get it.

And a few more just for fun.

as4r.png

9xny.png

6xe5.png

Again, all credit to Fraser Davidson for the template.

Those are awesome!

Archived