New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

When worn correctly, the Browns uniforms are every bit as iconic as the Bears, Packers, Raiders, etc. By "when worn correctly", I mean like this:

suqeda5e.jpgjeff-garcia.jpg

Agreed, with either face mask.

but what's up with the sleeve stripes on the left picture?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When worn correctly, the Browns uniforms are every bit as iconic as the Bears, Packers, Raiders, etc. By "when worn correctly", I mean like this:

Agreed, with either face mask.

but what's up with the sleeve stripes on the left picture?

The pants and the sleeves are photoshopped.

I like the Browns gray facemask. It's probably the only case of a gray mask without gray in the uniform that I like.

Of course they'll make it cutting edge and go chrome or dark chrome like the Bucs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is going to be a very unpopular opinion.

I don't like the Browns orange helmet. For a team that uses their helmet as the primary logo, the helmet needs to feature brown as the primary color. If they are going to be called the Browns and brown will be their primary color, then the logo needs to reflect that. Therefore, their helmet should be brown.

This with white facemasks = Perfection

Put something on the helmet, please.

That is NOT going to happen!

I like the Browns gray facemask. It's probably the only case of a gray mask without gray in the uniform that I like.

Of course they'll make it cutting edge and go chrome or dark chrome like the Bucs.

I hate grey facemasks, but I would prefer them to chrome or brown

spacer.png

I don't like the Browns orange helmet. For a team that uses their helmet as the primary logo, the helmet needs to feature brown as the primary color. If they are going to be called the Browns and brown will be their primary color, then the logo needs to reflect that. Therefore, their helmet should be brown.

I agree with you... in fact, the faux-leather helmet that the Redskins wore with their throwbacks a couple years ago would be perfect for the Browns. But I doubt they'll ever switch from the orange helmet.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The uni on the right, with the white facemask and the orange pants, is about as close to perfect as you can get with the Browns.

...except for the white facemask. Gray looks infinitely better than a white facemask.

Anyway, the team President said they will tie to the rich heritage or something. This scares the hell out of me, because the same type of marketing speak was used for the Tampa Bay reboot, as well as a few other teams (college and pro) that Nike has revamped and they look nothing like historic/iconic uniforms.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Just because they're called the Browns doesn't mean brown is the primary color.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well, the jerseys are brown and their name is the Browns, so if brown isn't the primary color it should be.

Well, the jerseys are brown and their name is the Browns, so if brown isn't the primary color it should be.

I like it, though, when casual fans are amazed that the name was due to a last name, and not the oclor :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't buy that. Growing up I came to observe that the Browns were that terrible NFL team people liked to make fun of for their poor play and poor uniforms. Whether it be the parallels you can draw with the color brown, or the uninspired lack of a helmet logo, they've carried a negative image for as long as I can remember and it doesn't seem to be changing. No one in the young demographic takes them seriously now and they're not going to unless they have an appeal factor to get them to notice a new era in Browns football first.

Maybe we understand the design value that the Browns uniforms carry, but all the general public just sees is an unexciting sports franchise that could use a facelift if anything.

Midway.png

I want to see them go with a brown helmet because I just think it would look a lot better than the orange. Brown is a unigue color for a helmet, and they will own the look. A brown plain helmet would look a lot better than an orange one. Facemask can be brown or orange. Keep the pants orange.

Archived