NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh - and my apologies to the readers for not knowing there was a ban on the topic of the Washington team name dispute when I made my earlier post. I must have not seen that memo.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Nike is matching the pants stripe with practice shorts this for both the NFL and college

2994219.jpg

It'd be great if we could see the stripe in that picture :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really like the shorts they are using for training camp this year, pulling from the actual uniform design. A quick piece on it: http://butattheendoftheday.com/2014/08/01/nike-speedvent-training-camp-shorts/

3.jpg

4.jpg

$75 though. The Jags have the gold and white accents reversed from the actual game pants though.

Yeah. Didn't realize that.

Nike is matching the pants stripe with practice shorts this for both the NFL and college

2994219.jpg

It'd be great if we could see the stripe in that picture :)

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/n/1j7?sl=speedvent

Go A's!

I really like the shorts they are using for training camp this year, pulling from the actual uniform design. A quick piece on it: http://butattheendoftheday.com/2014/08/01/nike-speedvent-training-camp-shorts/

3.jpg

4.jpg

$75 though. The Jags have the gold and white accents reversed from the actual game pants though.

Big fan of the new shorts..

20140725_jla_sk1_081.jpg.0_standard_709.

But 70 bucks for shorts??? That's beyond steep for me....

the most i would usually pay for shorts is $30.....these look pretty cool but the most i would pay for them is $50 and that would be an impulse buy

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

3.jpg

4.jpg

SEVENTY FIVE BUCKS FOR A PAIR OF SHORTS? At that price, they'd better be super-wicking material that also helps me drop 10 pounds every time I wear them when I mow my lawn!

I love the idea of these shorts, I've been wanting these for years, especially as a Seahawks fan. After a long internal battle I ordered a pair at $75 and have to say I'm not that impressed. The shorts are good enough, but the price tag is steep and the color looks like a pair of swim trunks I've used for years in a chlorine pool. I know the different materials yield a different color, but it's kind of frustrating that only the mesh looks to be the same "College Navy." Not sure if I will end up keeping them, I do suspect many teams will end up at Ross/TJMaxx but I know the Seahawks sold out on Eastbay quickly and I image they are one of the more popular based on sales of the newer merch.

speedvent_zps00fdb619.jpg

SEAsig.png

Yeah, that's really high. But it's Nike's way of saying that it's the official on-field shorts that the players wear. The authentic stuff always is expensive even though the fabric and material to make them don't warrant it.

Yep - Nike knows there's a certain segment that will always buy the on-field product. New Era knows that too. People want what the players wear. In retrospect, I believe that's how Starter began...selling team-issued merchandise in the 80s.

There's an old anecdote that sports merchandise actually took off when a Jets fan wrote to a manufacturing company and asked if fans could buy the same sweater and jacket Joe Walton was wearing.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived