CFL uniforms: an observation

BJ Sands

Love it. Everything about it.

Not everyone can hate it. If everyone liked the same things, the world would be a boring place. I just want to mention that in case anyone doesn't know, on Sunday, the BC Lions will be wearing their Gun-Metal Grey Signature Jersey while the Toronto Argonauts will be wearing their white Signature Jersey.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess my plaid prediction will be coming true. Ottawa will be unveiling the uniforms on Monday. We'll probably see another teaser tomorrow. This teaser was posted yesterday which confirms a red base. The top image looks like the primary logo with the black and white reversed. I'm not sure if it's from the helmet, jersey, or pants.

BvISs_-CMAAI00x.png

Well I guess my plaid prediction will be coming true. Ottawa will be unveiling the uniforms on Monday. We'll probably see another teaser tomorrow. This teaser was posted yesterday which confirms a red base. The top image looks like the primary logo with the black and white reversed. I'm not sure if it's from the helmet, jersey, or pants.

BvISs_-CMAAI00x.png

Looks to be from the pants.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Calgary went with their red helmets with their whites and red pants against Hamilton today and it was so much better looking than with the black helmets.

Now seeing the Riders in action, I'm not liking them as much as I did before. Switching the pants for white might help.

After seeing the Riders in their uniforms today, I actually kind of like them.

From a distance they're not that bad

I kinda liked the uniforms too, except for the tramp stamp and the lack of a logo on the helmets. The wheat pattern was nice, but I think they went overboard and sprayed it all over the uniform.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

After seeing the Riders in their uniforms today, I actually kind of like them.

From a distance they're not that bad

I kinda liked the uniforms too, except for the tramp stamp and the lack of a logo on the helmets. The wheat pattern was nice, but I think they went overboard and sprayed it all over the uniform.

I agree with the Rider logo on the back. Also, the pattern on the helmets bugs me. They couldn't have lined it up better so some of the husks aren't cut off? Looks pretty crappy

rob-bagg-620-cp.jpg

One of the players said that his only complaint was that the helmets didn't have a gray base to match the pants, and I totally agree with him that that's one thing wrong with these. The whole uniform looks mismatched though. And from afar that pattern doesn't look like wheat at all: it looks like a green strawberry. Should've gone with a Milwaukee Brewers-esque gold if you wanted to have a wheat pattern, instead of going with double green, imo.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

The plaid helmet is genius. The rest, well, I can live without.

That, and the Argos did the logo-on-chest thing better, anyway.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The helmet looks great, and it's nice to see the team in a uniform that isn't monochromatic. I think the plaid on the jersey could've been executed a little better though. Now it just looks like an awkward blob on the end of the sleeves, but I guess that has more to do with the limitations of the template. I agree that the Argos did a better job of the logo on the front look, which is probably because they just used a letter, as opposed to their full shield logo. But I understand the team's decision, which is meant to push the brand and increase the visibility of the new logo.

rob-bagg-620-cp.jpg

One of the players said that his only complaint was that the helmets didn't have a gray base to match the pants, and I totally agree with him that that's one thing wrong with these. The whole uniform looks mismatched though. And from afar that pattern doesn't look like wheat at all: it looks like a green strawberry. Should've gone with a Milwaukee Brewers-esque gold if you wanted to have a wheat pattern, instead of going with double green, imo.

Did we ever get clarification that it wasn't a watermelon that they were going for?

riders.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Archived