All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Color me shocked if Yeti doesn't win.
  3. Agreed, no need, but you know it's a matter of time. Just saying I like it and it breathes from life into a stale, on the bleeding edge of dated logo.
  4. They don't. This is the live local news poll that's running alongside the vote. It probably hews pretty close to what the actual percentages are. https://strawpoll.com/7MZ0AeEPmyo
  5. Just wear the silver pants. No need for any alts aside the reds.
  6. Ugh. The reverse is much worse than the one posted on the mothership I could actually get behind this (just the NE mark) on a white helmet fauxback
  7. I really like this Rangers team. Almost as much as I like the Oilers. Rangers-Oilers in the final would be very fun. It's not your fault, but getting swept after the team account acted like a 14 year twitter troll in 2014 after beating the dang ass Islanders in round 1 like that's anything to get cocky about is exactly the justice the Hurricanes deserve.
  8. Do they provide updated voting results as this is progressing? I could look, but I thought some of you might already know.
  9. For you and others who might be wondering: At the bottom of each post, there's a horizontal line, with a plus sign and "Quote" underneath. Hover over the right side under that line and a thumbs-up emoji should show up, along with other reactions. (There's something off in the site CSS that makes the emoji not show up by default, but I and the other admins can't find where that's buried on the back end.) Click on the one you'd like to use to react to a post.
  10. I believe the "Commanders" nickname part but as far as the uniform, I'm not unconvinced Snyder himself did it partially out of spite. "Oh you want me to change the name? Well here's the uniforms that I want."
  11. Today
  12. Apologizes if this has been discussed but is there a new logo coming for the Pats?
  13. Let's GOOOOOOOO I feel like I'm in a dream. Fantasized about the Bears joining FBS for a long while.
  14. Conspiracy theory time- The person who decided on the name “Commanders” was none other than Ron Rivera because of his family’s military background. No one else had input on the name and it wasn’t some bs about honoring the nation’s capital or whatever was said. Hell, he’s definitely the one who designed the all black uniform too.
  15. I voted for Black Diamonds, Swarm, Caribou, and Mammoth. Black Diamonds just lends itself into such great imagery between the simplistic trail emblem being incorporated into a crest, to a likely crossed ski and hockey stick over the shape of Utah. Could be a lot of fun. Shame it’ll be the Utah Yeti
  16. Since all four of my siblings graduated from there, we've been having the family group text blowing up over this. Kinda happy to see Missouri get a second FBS school.
  17. Twins City Connects coming June 10th:
  18. Karnage84

Utah Yetis NHL

The logos are top notch. It's a great concept and overall well executed. The jerseys don't scream "NHL/professional level hockey". They're too busy and feel very minor league/arena football league. I think someone mentioned tying the franchise to the Utah Jazz. That's a really smart idea and will help in making it feel like the franchise has deeper ties than it does. If you look at their logo history from 1996 - 2010 (https://1000logos.net/utah-jazz-logo/) they incorporated a light blue, navy blue, purple and silver. The 1996 logo had a copper. You could also go with the navy, green, yellow they most recently went with for a pseudo - Pittsburgh vibe.
  19. Commanders is such and awful name. You just can't replace the colonized with a the colonizer's enforcers. So tone deaf. If you have to honor military (which seems like we have to in today's NFL, I'm still devoted to Redtails. No need to go overboard with the fighter pilot motif. Keep the feather on circle with either an R or a profile of a pilot. I know a lot of folks think that it'd bring up memories of a very offensive name/logo/history, but I think it actually reclaims it and over time replaces the memory.
  20. You could. I just felt that the Football Team was a moniker so absurd that it crossed some unseen barrier from silly to awesome.
  21. But those nimrods keep calling them by the slur even as Commanders. There's that one jamoke who's been trotting out the same Tamenend argument for a decade. You can't focus on the idiots, who are always going to be made anyway. I actually find the idea of the negative space of the moniker to be a good thing. Like scar tissue. "We had a crummy name, it was wrong, we fixed it, and we aren't going to shrink from that by covering with something else."
  22. This isn’t European soccer. Keep the colors and uniform scheme, change the nickname to something better than Commanders. Done.
  23. The black in this set feels forced. I get it with the logo but everywhere else it just feels like it's sitting on its own and not integrated into the colour scheme. Maybe that's just me. Re: Ottawa re-brand being lazy - Sens fans have been clamoring for them to return to that brand for years. I personally wish they had a little more white in the black home jersey (like the original) but if they were going to change things up, this was the way to go.
  24. Add back the helmet striping, and there would be no need to ever change the uniform design ever again. Just the logos and whatever it says depending on the nickname at the time.
  25. This is basically where I am, too. I do understand the argument that, without another definitive mascot/name, calling them the Washington Football Team and keeping a look that they used for so many years under the offensive moniker could be perceived as a constant reminder that they used to have another name and the lack of a conventional mascot/name would equate a wink and nod to the previous name. ("Hey, we're just called 'Football Team' now because we can't use our real name. But you guys remember it, right??") I don't agree that that's what would happen, but I can see the logic to the argument. And of course, regardless of what the team is called, you'll have old heads who use the old name out of habit without any necessary intent to cause offense and people who like to use the term "snowflake" who will intentionally use the old name, but I think they're well in the minority. Otherwise, yes: just keep using the old uniforms, use the new helmet (with the gloss/car paint/deep finish that they used in the 2000s), and perhaps include a logo-less throwback to the dark burgundy/old gold/khaki pants era. Given this is a team with a significant history and decent pedigree (on the whole, anyway), they should retain a look familiar to the franchise. If they want to go in a new direction, do so wholesale: Buy the DC Defenders identity from the UFL and rebrand as them, or go completely in another direction without either burgundy or gold.
  26. I was underwhelmed by the decision when it was announced, but after reading some takes from people who were around the Canucks during his tenure, and hearing his opening press conference, I'm coming around. There was a lot of turmoil behind the scenes in Vancouver between Jim Benning & ownership, then when the pandemic hit there were massive budget cuts within the organization and almost their entire roster ended up in covid protocol. He's known for running a tough training camp, with players often being skated so hard that they've thrown up on the ice. Considering how the Sens have made a habit of getting off to terrible starts, this sounds like exactly what they need.
  27. Canes are the John Rocker of NHL hockey teams when they got Islanders fans rooting for the Rangers
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.