The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strombo.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

George Stroumboulopoulos

I just wanted to remark that I stopped watching HNIC (after 34 years of loyal viewership) because of this putz. He's unappealing to look at (seriously he's got a face for radio not TV) and he has horrible verbal skills. (He mumbles when he talks and talks so fast Its irritating. There is a reason that his show on CNN got cancelled after 3 episodes and the only reason he has a show on the CBC is because it manages to draw slightly better ratings than a test pattern). I stopped listening to CFNY the Edge back in the 90s because of him and now he makes his way to a show I used to love.

Pfft. Seriously because of this guy (and the unappealing losers over at Sportsnet) I ended up ordering the NHL Centre Ice package and now watch games from Foxsports Carolina and Foxsports Southwest.

It was the best damned decision I ever made.

The Catch of the Day!

strombo.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

George Stroumboulopoulos

I just wanted to remark that I stopped watching HNIC (after 34 years of loyal viewership) because of this putz. He's unappealing to look at (seriously he's got a face for radio not TV) and he has horrible verbal skills. (He mumbles when he talks and talks so fast Its irritating. There is a reason that his show on CNN got cancelled after 3 episodes and the only reason he has a show on the CBC is because it manages to draw slightly better ratings than a test pattern). I stopped listening to CFNY the Edge back in the 90s because of him and now he makes his way to a show I used to love.

Pfft. Seriously because of this guy (and the unappealing losers over at Sportsnet) I ended up ordering the NHL Centre Ice package and now watch games from Foxsports Carolina and Foxsports Southwest.

It was the best damned decision I ever made.

One quick punch from Aaron Ward and all our problems could be fixed.

I wouldn't go joking about groin tears if I were a Red Wings fan.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

lol @ the headline picture for NHL at ESPN.com right now

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Frederik Andersen is day-to-day with a leg injury and John Gibson is out six weeks with a groin injury.

All hail the Jason LaBarbera/Igor Bobkov era.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Columbus lost 4-2 to the Hurricanes. Columbus Blue Jackets, I didn't want to do this. I did not want to do this. I thought I had this on the shelf. But I've looked things over, and I can't deny it anymore. You're 4-8, -11 in goals, and lost to the Hurricanes. You're the Beej. You are officially once again the Beej. Until further notice you are only to be referred to here as the Beej.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived