The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously had no idea there was this much octopus-related internet.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yea, the Sharks recent play doesn't really instill much confidence in me especially since they have another extended road swing in store. However, I do note that yesterday could have - and should have - went their way considering they outshot the Nucks 36-19 and were much more aggressive than usual in the offensive end. If Jumbo doesn't pass his shot to the wall in the first or Couture knocks in that rebound that was literally inches from him in the second, we're talking about a different result.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I seriously had no idea there was this much octopus-related internet.

There isn't. He's uploading all the source material himself. He's really doing the leg work here. All eight of them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If the injured Methot (no points guessing what team he used to play for) doesn't come back in the next month or so, Borowiecki and Karlsson just might become one of the best defensive pairings in the East. Boro's been a perfect pairing with a player like Karlsson, strong and defensive and helps keep the line of defense when Karlsson pinches.

Eric Gryba has been quietly one of Ottawa's best defenseman this year as well, and Cody Ceci has shined.

It may not show it in the shots, but the Sens defense is much improved over last year and the beginning of this season. It's more composed, makes a lot less mistakes, and is good at carrying the puck out of the zone. Really only Jared Cowen and Patrick Wiercioch have been poor this season, and even they have had a pretty good last couple of games.

Nice cheap shot from Roussel on the goalie.

Yeah that was odd, if Roussel just leaves Stalock alone, his team is probably on a 6-4 man advantage with the empty net. That and the Benn slash on Pavelski were strange. The game seemed to change with the Benn slash though. What a bonehead penalty. Good third period for the Sharks, but they need to keep up that third period effort the entire game tomorrow in the windy city.

Just to add on to the posts above: Flames are tied for third in the league now. Don't know how much longer they're going to be though.

Just looking at the Flames roster, I don't think they can sustain this current thing for the whole season. I mean, if Mark Giordano is leading the team in points, that's probably not a great player to look to be scoring points the entire season. And from a Ducks fan experience, Hiller can be the best goalie in the league for periods of time in a season and then look like he shouldn't be playing there the next.

IbjBaeE.png

Jamie Baker, "Big Joe to Little Joe for the goal"

Um, Bakes, I was under the impression that we've retired the "Little Joe" moniker in favor of the Big Pavelski, you know because he usually comes up with big goals in big moments.

I thought "Little Joe" was for Thornton if he got a 4-goal game.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, Ducks are having a little scoring blip. Funny that that three-game blip coincides Corey Perry being out with the flu for three games, all OT/SO losses, so still points. Sickness/injuries hitting a little early. Meh, that's fine.

But yeah, Bonino scoring the shootout winner and Kesler clanging the potential shootout-tier isn't great optics, is it?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Just to add on to the posts above: Flames are tied for third in the league now. Don't know how much longer they're going to be though.

Just looking at the Flames roster, I don't think they can sustain this current thing for the whole season. I mean, if Mark Giordano is leading the team in points, that's probably not a great player to look to be scoring points the entire season. And from a Ducks fan experience, Hiller can be the best goalie in the league for periods of time in a season and then look like he shouldn't be playing there the next.

Are they basically last year's Colorado with no firepower?

Archived