The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

In happy Buffalo Sabres news, Rick Jeanneret is back on play-by-play tonight after receiving treatment for throat cancer. That's tremendous, and I hope he can see this rebuild through.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharks doing what they do best against bad teams this year: Lose.

0-4-0 against Jackets, Panthers, and Sabres. Have won in LA, Anaheim, and Tampa though. Tomorrow they go to the land of the white cardboard cut out fans. So they will probably lose that one.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

In happy Buffalo Sabres news, Rick Jeanneret is back on play-by-play tonight after receiving treatment for throat cancer. That's tremendous, and I hope he can see this rebuild through.

I think his plan was to retire after this season, but if he wanted to call four games per year, they'd have him back. Whenever I listen to any hockey game he's not calling, Sabres or non-Sabres, it sounds wrong without him. It was so amazing having him back and having the Sabres score six goals... it was like watching a real hockey team! The Sabres hadn't scored six goals in a game since January 2013.

Sharks doing what they do best against bad teams this year: Lose.

0-4-0 against Jackets, Panthers, and Sabres. Have won in LA, Anaheim, and Tampa though. Tomorrow they go to the land of the white cardboard cut out fans. So they will probably lose that one.

The Sharks didn't look all that bad tonight. Don't get me wrong they didn't look sharp, but they were just off. Even though Niemi played well, don't be surprised to see Groseneck in the net at Carolina tomorrow, just based off the back-to-back games and that Todd McLellan said that Grosenick would probably see at least one start on the road trip.

I know very little about Troy Grosenick. Saw some highlights of his from Union College. I hear he's played really well in the AHL this season, but also that he's not ready to face NHL players. Anyone following Grosenick, might have a better handle on what to expect, his strengths, weaknesses? Who knows, maybe the Sharks will play inspired hockey for him.

Seems like the Sharks have some promising goalies in development: J.P. Anderson, Aaron Dell, Fredrik Bergvik.

A coworker and I went to the Everett Silvertips-Kamloops Blazers game last night. It was a fun experience and I'll take in more junior hockey games in the future. That Everett arena is a nice little barn. And I learned the Silvertips aren't named for silvertipped mountains like I've always thought, but for old bears who have grey tipped hair. Huh.

Also, keep it up Blue Jackets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

A coworker and I went to the Everett Silvertips-Kamloops Blazers game last night. It was a fun experience and I'll take in more junior hockey games in the future. That Everett arena is a nice little barn. And I learned the Silvertips aren't named for silvertipped mountains like I've always thought, but for old bears who have grey tipped hair. Huh.

Also, keep it up Blue Jackets.

I'm telling you, junior hockey is the best hockey. It's cheap, competitive hockey, and in the future it's cool to tell people that you saw a certain NHL-er play when they were just a teenager.

I've always wished we had one of our own be a high-profile NHLer, and that he'd give his opinion on every uniform change in the league. Perhaps he'd win the King Clancy Award for giving back to his community.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived