The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharks are allways good in the reg. season , but loose in the playoffs, maybe this time they will hobble into the playoffs, but end up winning the cup, SF Giants style ?

Since this is hockey, not that inferior sport named baseball, it'd be more akin to how the Kings won their Cups.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The way things are shaping up, if the Sharks make the playoffs, it won't be because they hobbled in, it'll be because they made a crazy push to pass all the teams that look better than they do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I despise Ryan Kesler... Now that him and Luongo are gone, is there any chance the Canucks might not be the #1 villians in the NHL?

I thought virtually everyone (especially here on the CCSLC) selected the Kings as the choice to be the new villains in the NHL.

I give them credit for ensuring we'll never have to see those hideous "black armour" uniforms in the playoffs again.

Sharks are allways good in the reg. season , but loose in the playoffs, maybe this time they will hobble into the playoffs, but end up winning the cup, SF Giants style ?

Since this is hockey, not that inferior sport named baseball, it'd be more akin to how the Kings won their Cups.
Now i never ! The audacity !

The way things are shaping up, if the Sharks make the playoffs, it won't be because they hobbled in, it'll be because they made a crazy push to pass all the teams that look better than they do.

I hope they miss the playoffs just for their preseason declaration about which color jersey they'll wear in the playoffs this season. They announced it like making the playoffs is a certainty.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Mike Smith, on his team's struggles:

It's a fine line between winning and losing. Right now, we're not generating enough goals and it’s tough to win 1-0 in this league.

You know what makes it really tough to win 1-0? When you, the goaltender, average over three goals against per game. You're not exactly Hard Luck Joe here with your .890 save percentage and your 3.30 GAA. You've gotta be a real see-ya-next-Tuesday to call out your goal scorers when you're making six million a year and not even among the top 50 goalies in a 30-team league.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

and also W T F.

Everybody's been injured or suspended, 9 game losing streak, Jack Johnson's parents Culkined him, and that leads to tonight: 2-0 going into the third and they blow it and lose in a 7 round shootout without scoring a goal in said shootout. Nothing is going right.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So Brendan Dillon is scheduled to be in the lineup for the Sharks...if his skates and gear arrive before 7:29pm San Jose time. Did he take Delta? They have a knack for misplacing luggage. If Dillon is in the lineup, expect him to start out with Burns in the D-pairs.

Also, Burish has been placed on waivers.

Projected goalies:

Arizona "We're not in Phoenix" Coyotes: Dubnyk

San Jose "We wear teal in the potentially mythical playoffs" Sharks: Niemi.

Really it does seem a bit odd to say Arizona Coyotes, still.

Visual metaphor for what's happening in front of the Oilers net tonight:

oqWYDNF.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived