The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hedley, I think part of it is that there's a little bit of pressure among us here to provide a higher level of discourse for one another, which means providing more than just MY TEAM WON WOOOOOOO and MY TEAM LOST NOOOOOOO. Whether we succeed or not, I don't know, but I do know I want the place to be a little better than a more mass-appeal board like, say, HFBoards. I'm fully capable of just honking about how awesome the Blackhawks are, but I'm at the point where I like to watch other teams and try to enjoy the entire league as a fan of the game. Also, hockey just makes you run a little hot, emotionally speaking.

As for Kendra Wilkinson, Kaley Cuoco, and their undergarments, I'm not really into blondes anyway. Now give me a Kat Dennings or Milana Vayntrub and I'll never ever ever complain about another sporting event as long as I live.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, they said they were cutting back on outdoor games for this season after going so heavy on them last year. There will probably be more outdoor games next year with Winnipeg hosting the Heritage.

Yeah, next year I'd bank on the Heritage Classic in Winnipeg and the Stadium Series at Coors Field in Denver, in addition to the Winter Classic (in St. Louis or Minnesota maybe? Every member of the NBC Seven has hosted now. Plus kind of exhausting options recently with the New York double dip, Chicago hosting and participating, Pittsburgh again.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yeah, next year I'd bank on the Heritage Classic in Winnipeg and the Stadium Series at Coors Field in Denver, in addition to the Winter Classic (in St. Louis or Minnesota maybe? Every member of the NBC Seven has hosted now. Plus kind of exhausting options recently with the New York double dip, Chicago hosting and participating, Pittsburgh again.)

Heritage in Winnipeg is already a done deal, waiting to see if its gonna be Jets v Fighting Saints or Jets vs Cougars.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Any chance of the Alberta Oilers where every player's name is Alberta?

Only if they can build an "all star" (and I use the term loosely) roster from Calgary and Edmonton.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Only if they can build an "all star" (and I use the term loosely) roster from Calgary and Edmonton.

That would be 90-95% Flames...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

That would be 90-95% Flames...
Hey now.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Heritage in Winnipeg is already a done deal, waiting to see if its gonna be Jets v Fighting Saints or Jets vs Cougars.

They should play Montreal. Then both teams can wear the "Victoria's" sweaters.

You had the Winnipeg Victoria's (Stanley Cup champs in 1896,1901 and 1902)

STC18962.jpg

vs the Montreal Victoria's. (Stanley cup champs in 1895,1896,1897,1898,and 1899)

7-_montreal_victoria_27s.jpg

These two teams had a legitimate rivalry back in the late 19th century. It was all about East vs West. Not just them having the same name.

The Catch of the Day!

The Chicago Blackhawks are a true powerhouse. This is especially evident when they beat perennial pretenders like Anaheim. The way they've built and maintained their core is something to be admired. It's too bad they're incapable of defeating the Los Angeles Kings, otherwise they'd be a Dynasty.

The Chicago Blackhawks are a true powerhouse. This is especially evident when they beat perennial pretenders like Anaheim. The way they've built and maintained their core is something to be admired. It's too bad they're incapable of defeating the Los Angeles Kings, otherwise they'd be a Dynasty.

Awaiting the patented "CS85 Blackhawks Aren't Actually Good Rebuttal"®

Because I still think the Blackhawks are a good team. Maybe not to The Six's post, but good nonetheless.

IbjBaeE.png

They're finally starting to click as of late, following a pretty crappy start to the season. I don't trust their goals against to stay this low. Crawford is getting overworked. At least goals scored will be going up as well.

Archived