The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

The Ducks were also playing with three rookie defenseman (one in his very first NHL game with no practice), two second-year defensemen (one 5'8", the other 20-years-old), and Cam Fowler playing the role of veteran leader.

Crap game for the Ducks (outside of Andersen), great game for the Blackhawks, and you get that. Moving on.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chicago Blackhawks are a true powerhouse. This is especially evident when they beat perennial pretenders like Anaheim. The way they've built and maintained their core is something to be admired. It's too bad they're incapable of defeating the Los Angeles Kings, otherwise they'd be a Dynasty.

Awaiting the patented "CS85 Blackhawks Aren't Actually Good Rebuttal"®

Because I still think the Blackhawks are a good team. Maybe not to The Six's post, but good nonetheless.

Blackhawks are a quality team, but I've been slightly disenchanted with their offseason despite their recent success. It's a mixed bag. Versteeg was such a wet turd last year and Carcillo was basically a move to blanket Q since they traded away Bollig. Versteeg/Richards/Kane have found a groove, and it's been extremely entertaining, so obviously my view on Versteeg has softened. The team is destined for a playoff run, of course, but I don't want to be as typically vocal this season as some of you are used to. Nothing to read into that, I just don't think my opinion matters.

They're finally starting to click as of late, following a pretty crappy start to the season. I don't trust their goals against to stay this low. Crawford is getting overworked. At least goals scored will be going up as well.

It's nice that the goals are starting to come, especially after so many games where they'd pepper boatloads of shots against hot goaltenders early on. The season is still very young. Hopefully they continue to meld and avoid more injuries.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Chicago Blackhawks are a true powerhouse. This is especially evident when they beat perennial pretenders like Anaheim. The way they've built and maintained their core is something to be admired. It's too bad they're incapable of defeating the Los Angeles Kings, otherwise they'd be a Dynasty.

Uh, they did beat them 2 years ago.

Has someone cursed the Oilers? 9 straight losses, only one lead over that stretch, but only two of those games have been more than one-goal games, with all but one of these games being close. What is this?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Has someone cursed the Oilers? 9 straight losses, only one lead over that stretch, but only two of those games have been more than one-goal games, with all but one of these games being close. What is this?

I think the curse maker's name is one Daryl Katz.

Translated- everyone not named the Kings or Blackhawks is a pretender, since they have been preordained the two best teams in hockey.

Umm...

GTMFGKE.gif

SHICAWGAW!!!

Translated- everyone not named the Kings or Blackhawks is a pretender, since they have been preordained the two best teams in hockey.

That's because they are.

The first month and a half was uneven and wobbly, but this circus trip has been phenomenal. If the Hawks can maintain this level of play, look out, everybody.

The Kane-Richards-Versteeg line has been a revelation. Shame it took Quenneville two months to discover it. Oh wait, he had it all preseason, then scuttled it because Andrew Shaw is a Natural Second-Line Center.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was okay with it because McNabb gave him a high elbow against the glass in the final minute of a 4-1 game. You wanna get stupid, fine, let's get stupid, and cap this off before Dustin Brown and His Magic Knee start going to town. Plus, Carcillo giving the princess wave to the crowd and the Kings' bench was exquisite.

Really wish Rozsival and Kopitar had followed through on their skirmish, though. As a Hawks fan, that one's a win-win.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived