The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

If you want to see a visual definition of it just not being your night, look up a replay of Nashville's 8th goal tonight. Predators absolutely running the Maple Leafs out of the building tonight.

And the Bronx cheer for Reimer...poor guy does not deserve that he's had nothing but bums in front of him tonight.

The Maple Leafs are offically now the Chicago Cubs of the NHL

I thought that happened once the Blackhawks got good.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spezza close to an extension with the Stars. It's funny how Canadians love to play for their country, yet they hate to play for its cities. I guess it's a sweet deal when you can wrap yourself in the flag for two weeks and then wrap yourself in absurdly generous tax rates for the other 206 weeks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Even before the Leafs lost 9-2 to the Perds, things were going wrong at Air Canada Centre as the anthem singer's mic went out during the Star Spangled Banner. But the proud (polite) Canadians that they are, they helped her out and sung the American national anthem:

Way to go, people of Toronto. You're not half bad.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Jack Johnson has filed for bankruptcy after his parents spent his money and took loans in his name.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/11/20/blind-sided.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

This is so terrible. It's bad enough for someone to file for bankruptcy because he/she gave trust to another party to handle his/her finances and they majorly f#cked-up. It's infinitely worse if that party is your own parents, who you're unconditionally set to trust with everything in your life.

The only consolation is that he can ride the last three years of his current contract to pay the $10 million in debt he still has, but that's up to the courts to decide if his defaults are well enough for Johnson to pay on his own.

Ducks trade Allen to the Habs for Bourque. I'm glad that the Ducks can finally move Allen.

I've never been so happy in my entire life.

Isn't that the best feeling? I felt the same when the Bruins unloaded Blake Wheeler.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Marleau and Pavelski will swap lines tonight. Marleau will move up to the first line with Thornton and Hertl. Pavelski heads to the second line with Couture and Nieto.

Expected Lines/D-Pairings:

Hertl-Thornton-Marleau

Nieto-Couture-Pavelski

Goodrow- Sheppard-Wingels

McGinn-Desjardins-Kennedy

Vlasic-Braun

Mueller-Burns

Hanan-Demers

Niemi

Grosenick

The Marleau-Thornton pairing hopefully can spark some offense for the Sharks and help get Team Teal a win. Patty and Jumbo know each other well and Marleau should be ready for some great Big Joe assists.

Combine them with the quick-handed Hertl, this could be a dangerously good line.

Go Sharks!!

Ducks trade Allen to the Habs for Bourque. I'm glad that the Ducks can finally move Allen.

I've never been so happy in my entire life.

Isn't that the best feeling? I felt the same when the Bruins unloaded Blake Wheeler.

Same here when Penner, Souray and Shawn Horcoff left Edmonton.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I despise Ryan Kesler... Now that him and Luongo are gone, is there any chance the Canucks might not be the #1 villians in the NHL?

As a Bruins fan, I never considered "Kesler" as a villian. Luongo? Maybe. The Sedin Twins? Hell yes. But Kesler? I can respect him. In the 2011 Finals, it looked like he busted his ass and stayed away from cheap plays. I can dig that.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

One thing I'll never understand is how you can make a tripping/hooking call and an embellishment call at the same time. To me, either the guy faked getting taken off the puck or the guy committed a legit hooking/tripping penalty.

Of course it can be both. If I stick my foot out as you walk by, you may trip. If you jump in the air, flip over, land on your back and scream, that's embellishment. Both occurred on the same incident.

I thought virtually everyone (especially here on the CCSLC) selected the Kings as the choice to be the new villains in the NHL.

Stop. Just stop with that conspiracy bull.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Can you be a "villain" if your deal is that you're a good goalie that has trouble in high pressure situations?

Exactly which Vancouver goalie are we talking about here

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Sharks are just dull and listless. Failing to beat the Cats, Sabres, and Jackets this year. The low scoring playoff style Sharks are in full force this month.

To be fair, some of the credit needs to be given to he Panther, they were ready to play. They pressured, the pushed and they came out victorious. Yeah, the Sharks stunk it up in the first period with careless turnovers, but to me they did play better in the second and third.

They worked hard in the third period and got a point out of it. Yeah, they got swept by Columbus, Buffalo and now Florida, but tonight I saw some improvements, not enough to sustain consistent pressure in the attacking zone, but I can feel it coming. I mean, the Sharks, yes, got some lucky bounces, but during the OT PK they worked and held the Panthers.

I'm not happy the Sharks lost, but they did salvage a point and they did that by pressuring and swarming. Still some work to do, and maybe the can get in a light practice tomorrow might help them. So I didn't see much of the dull and listless, of course other than their scoring slump, but I'm not too worried about them not scoring a lot of goals at this time.

Archived