The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

Nick Bjugstad has turned out to be the real prize of their farm system. Just a dictionary-picture two-way center, gotta love those. Gudbranson and Huberdeau, I'm less impressed with. Jacob Markstrom, uh, he was a whoops.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a rare occasion for me to feel decent about the Panthers. I am getting that feeling this year. I don't think they are great, but atleast good enough to get in to the playoffs. Most of you know more about this wonderful sport than I do. Am I just a starving man buying in to fools gold?

They can't make the playoffs with a lineup as punchless as this one. Luongo and Montoya can't sustain this performance, whereas this forward corps can certainly sustain theirs. My guess is they finish back around their customary 9th/10th place, but not before a few turns in the wild card positions.

I will take that. I'm a thirsty man. I would be happy with some March interest.

Nick Bjugstad has turned out to be the real prize of their farm system. Just a dictionary-picture two-way center, gotta love those. Gudbranson and Huberdeau, I'm less impressed with. Jacob Markstrom, uh, he was a whoops.

and they just lost to the Blue Jackets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's a rare occasion for me to feel decent about the Panthers. I am getting that feeling this year. I don't think they are great, but atleast good enough to get in to the playoffs. Most of you know more about this wonderful sport than I do. Am I just a starving man buying in to fools gold?

They can't make the playoffs with a lineup as punchless as this one. Luongo and Montoya can't sustain this performance, whereas this forward corps can certainly sustain theirs. My guess is they finish back around their customary 9th/10th place, but not before a few turns in the wild card positions.

I will take that. I'm a thirsty man. I would be happy with some March interest.

and they just lost to the Blue Jackets.

THE STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

Now time for either the President's trophy or 1st overall draft pick. And the admiral, what are the conditions for the Jackets not being the the beej, I'm curious.

That's what- She

Ok... so the Oilers lost their 10th straight game today, after they gave up 2 shorthanded goals in a record 58 seconds, to a guy they themselves drafted 3 years ago, who also happens to be one of the handful of post-1st round Oilers picks to actually make the NHL.

I'd say it doesn't get much worse than this, but I thought that 2 years ago.

1) Competence

2) No, that's literally it

I think that's a little unfair. The most competent teams in the league would have a hard time dealing with the injury plague they've had to deal with.

They're down 3 centers, their best defenseman (the puck-mover), another top 4 defenseman. Just counting the loss of production from those guys between this year and last year and they're missing 41 points. Not an insignificant number. And that's just who's out right now without counting the three weeks they played without their vezina winner, and more than a handful of other injuries to other guys. Plus, the constant line-shuffling required hasn't allowed anybody to find a rhythm. It's literally the worst injury luck I've ever seen any team deal with.

and since taking over John Davidson and Jarmo Kekalainen haven't displayed incompetence. They've made the playoffs once and if 2012-2013 was a full season they would've made the playoffs twice.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Devils signed Scott Gomez and rolled out an Elias-Gomez-Jagr line in practice.

Dear Christ.

More like the OLD Jersey Devils! amirite? I guess the Devils thought they were too young. Lou looked around and said, "you know what we need around here? A veteran forward." I didn't know the NHL had a senior tour. Jamie Langenbrunner's probably not doing anything. Why not give him a call?
Damn rite ! Guess they want the team to be as old as Lucifer himself

Well Marty is gone Corey Schneider is under 30, Damon Sverson and Adam Larsson are getting regular playing time so they are trying to get younger they just ahave some injury issues.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Kings just screwed up big-time, though I'd be shocked if they get popped for it. They let Slava Voynov skate with the whole team in an optional practice, even though his suspension prohibits his from participating in any mandatory or optional team activities.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Kings just screwed up big-time, though I'd be shocked if they get popped for it. They let Slava Voynov skate with the whole team in an optional practice, even though his suspension prohibits his from participating in any mandatory or optional team activities.

Yes ! Congrats New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils , you are the 2014 and 2012 Stanley Cup Champions.

No, they got popped for it to the tune of $100,000.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

My Devils are a got-damned joke.... I think my mind is changing on PDB... time to can him...

Season's early yet, but I agree its time to show DeBoer the Door, they need a spark and they need some consistency. Also if Elias continues to suck its time to think about benching. Elias is just lost in space out there and he is missing wide open shots missing passes and creating too many turnovers.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Martin Broduer officially signs with the Blues.

2741102.jpg

ST.LOUIS ANALYTIC (FANCY STATS) TEAM

template.jpg

WHEN WILL MARTY JUST HANG UP THE SKATES!

​(DISCLAIMER:MARTY IS ONE OF THE BEST IN HOCKEY HISTORY BUT IS JUST TO OLD TO PLAY CONSISTENT AND GOOD AS A NHL GOALTENDER)

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

How the hell do you screw that up? You'd certainly think every single team employee would be aware of his situation.

How the hell do you screw that up? You'd certainly think every single team employee would be aware of his situation.
One of them's Jay Feaster in disguise.

So who's the player that has nearly 160,000 more all-star votes than any other? If you guessed Zemgus "The Latvian Locomotive" Girgensons, you'd be right!

He has more votes than Steven Stamkos, Tyler Seguin, Pavel Datsyuk, John Tavares and Alex Ovechkin combined.

​(DISCLAIMER:MARTY IS ONE OF THE BEST IN HOCKEY HISTORY BUT IS JUST TO OLD TO PLAY CONSISTENT AND GOOD AS A NHL GOALTENDER)

Yeah, no question. But this is probably a 2-month move at most, and I suspect the bulk of the playing time will go to Jake Allen until Brian Elliott comes back. So with that being the arrangement, you could do worse than bringing in one of the all-time greats. If nothing else, he should be a good influence on Allen.

Archived